Tian Chu Vegetarian

Chinese name 天厨妙供新概念素食餐厅, address 罗湖区红宝路2号广东省军区深圳接待处大院内(宝安南路口). Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Chinese

Stevie
Stevie

Tian Chu Vegetarian, Shenzhen

5 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2014

I had dinner here today. Its quite a stylish restaurant. There's no English menu and the staff don't speak much English. That isn't helped by my Cantonese being vocal being less than 10 words at this moment in time. What they did was handover a tablet computer that has the menu on there digitally. I was thus able to choose a couple of things from the menu based on how it looked.

The waitress came back after I had ordered to point that what I had ordered was spicy and to check if I was OK with that. At this point there was 3 of them round my table all trying to help (it was all good natured stuff).

The dish I went for in the end turned out to be this kind of seitan type stuff in a black pepper sauce. It was really delicious, excellent. That along with steamed rice after a small bowl of soup I had to start with came to 54 in the local zonks. I thought it was great value but I haven't eaten anywhere else in Shenzhen to compare it against. I would eat again though in a heart beat given the chance.

To get to this place I took a cab from frontier where the train from Hong Kong goes into. It was under 25 of the local zonks for the cab journey.

Pros: All vegan, Excellent food, Nice staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Tian Chu Vegetarian: