CLOSED: Thrive Vegan Cafe

Moved here Jan 2014 from 12 Front St, Coupeville. Vegetarian cafe offering mostly vegan and gluten-free except the options for dairy cheese and seedy bread with gluten. Desserts are made in-house. Uses organic produce upon availability. JAN 2016 REPORTED OWNERS SHUT THIS LOCATION - WILL BE DOING FARMERS MARKET AND WHOLESALE. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery

Mon-Sun 10:00am-7:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by emenhir
sarahburnsy
sarahburnsy

Great Little Place!

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2015

I really like this place and the owners. They have a pretty large vegan and gluten-free menu! The male owner Tom greeted us and told us about the whole menu and about why he chose to open the cafe. I really appreciate this because it's hard to find passionate business owners these days. I also really appreciate anyone trying so hard to get the vegan message out there. Tom and his wife also really care about health and wellness. Again, this speaks to me.

I was hungry so I forgot to photo my food, but my husband and I started with the Veggie Hummus Plate. It came with fresh grape tomatoes, sliced cucumber, rice crackers and olives. What makes the olives special is, they are not soaked in lye which makes a huge difference in taste. They were fresh tasting, not salty and had a crunch to them. All were great choices to dip in the homemade hummus, which was simple and earthy, we really enjoyed this starter. My husband ordered the Mt Baker Bean Burger and it was HUGE! He enjoyed the bean burger very much, it came with vegan cheese, Chao Brand. It also came with a side of salad or soup, he chose the Lentil Soup, which he thought was very good. I ordered the Quinoa Salad and I really enjoyed it. It had rainbow quinoa, avocado, walnuts, grape tomatoes, currants and a dressing of simple balsamic vinegar, fresh olive oil and herbs, on the side.

I've read the other reviews on Yelp! and I am so pleased I went in anyway. Their food is all organic, simple and healthy. You do not need tons of seasonings and salt to make your food taste "better" when you're eating whole foods. This is the way I cook at home, vegan, organic, simple and healthy. I love that I didn't feel stuffed or heavy when I left. People think you need TONS of ingredients, and that's just not the case for us. Yes it was pricey, however what do you expect? It's you health. I make 99% of my meals at home, I was on vacation and found the next best thing to my food! I will be back.

Pros: 95% Vegan, Many options, Organic
Cons: Pricey
TashaL
TashaL

Nice people, not so great food

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2015

I'll ignore the fact that they claim to be vegan everywhere, but are not 100% vegan, and just comment on the food. I wasn't blown away by anything I tried and I should have checked the order before leaving because they gave me the wrong food. The bread was fresh and the servings were good sizes. I was staying at an inn right next door so since I had liked the quesadilla, I decided to try that again the next day before heading out. They used a different vegan cheese, a different tortilla, and gave me less. I'll give them this, I love the strawberry smoothie! It was the best thing.

Pros: Owners are nice, Good smoothies
Cons: No consistency in quality
emenhir
emenhir

Creative and delicious

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2013

Thrive has some of the best vegan and vegetarian wraps, burgers, salads, bowls, soups, smoothies and bakery items I've come across in my 16 years eating vegetarian. The Mount Baker Bean Burger is amazing.

Pros: Creative, Lots of choices, delicious
Cons: It's 17 miles from my house

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Thrive Vegan Cafe: