Serving raw and vegan food that's dairy free, gluten free, and peanut free. Menu is mostly all raw food, plus smoothies, fresh juices, warm grain bowls, and raw desserts. Mon-Thur full menu and cafe seating til 2:30pm and Sun til 4pm, then it's grab-n-go packaged dinners til closing. Fri-Sat full menu and seating all day. Also sells books and groceries. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Raw, Organic, American, Juice bar, Take-out
1026 NE 65th St A-102 (12th Ave NE)
Seattle, Washington 98115

kindlizard
kindlizard

hated it

2 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2014

How this food is beloved is beyond me. Some of this is just nasty morsels I couldn't even swallow. I tried everything trying to be a good sport but it was all one note yucks...

SummerMorgan
SummerMorgan

Yummy Desserts

4 Posted on 05 / 13 / 2014

Good food and very delicious desserts!!!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday May 13, 2014

Pros: Fast , Location
Cons: needs more outdoor seating
ranciv
ranciv

Disappointed

2 Posted on 06 / 21 / 2013

I really, really wanted to like this place, but I just can't. I always wait forever for my meal, the food is bland and/or raw junk (super salty, sweetened, fatty) in my experience, and the prices are sky high. While the smoothies are very good (especially the coconutty), it's just unreasonable to pay $13+ for it. Their order system is messy and my stuff often sits on the counter for a long time before anyone notices it and gives it to me (or they mistakenly give it as a sample to everyone else (happened to me twice!)). Also, I once got a salad here and a giant caterpillar CRAWLED OUT OF IT. The manager told me this sort of thing happens with raw food and gave me a coupon, but if I'd actually eaten a big fat caterpillar I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have found that a fitting excuse. Worst of all, when I returned to the restaurant with the creepy crawly in tow, she threw it in the garbage! Clearly their vegan ethos is for their health alone and not the health of all living things. I'm just frustrated every time I go there.

Pros: Raw, Mostly super friendly staff, Yummy smoothies & teas
Cons: Caterpillars, PRICE (especially for the quality), Order system is ineffective/long waits

Guest
Guest

Our favorite spot when in Seattle!

5 Posted on 11 / 16 / 2012

My boyfriend and I reside in Vancouver, BC but every time we cross the border to visit Seattle or Portland we have to visit Thrive. Welcoming and happy staff, delicious food and relaxing ambiance...I have tried many raw food and vegan placed in North America and not many have figured out the texture and flavors as well as Thrive's chef and owner Monika. Often I wish we had access to their kitchen here, I would eat there every day!!
Highly recommended!!
Tonia

rawfoodie
rawfoodie
  • raw

Lovely option with filling raw food

4 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2012

Everything I've tried in my many visits over the years has been delicious and filling. The desserts are also tasty. The store also sells some hard-to-find raw food ingredients, snacks, recipe books and gadgets. The atmosphere is simple, but inviting; this is a good lunch option. Staff are friendly and helpful.

JEPaz
JEPaz

Remodeled and Updated Menu

5 Posted on 04 / 20 / 2012

I went with family for a birthday lunch and was happily surprised to see that they have remolded the restaurant. It looks very nice. The menu has been updated and there is now service from your table instead of having to order at the counter. The staff was very friendly taking the time to explain menu items and checking to see if we needed anything. The food was fresh and very good not to mention healthy. I look forward to coming back next time I'm in the area.

Pros: Raw, Organic, Vegan, Friendly Staff, Several Resources Available
ZuZu
ZuZu

Energizing food that makes you feel good

4 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2011

If you want to feel really great after lunch, this place is the perfect spot! I recommend going with a friend so you can share and find out what you like. Great on a sunny day when you can sit out front.

Pros: Healthy, energizing food
Cons: self service, confusing line/cash register situation , clustered entrance makes people a little rude
ochibawolf
ochibawolf

First time eating 100% raw!

5 Posted on 12 / 06 / 2010

I was so excited to finally try a all raw restaurant! It's a very tiny shop and when we arrived, there were absolutely no seats available inside. My husband and I were a bit peeved, as we are on vacation, and we can't sit inside to eat(and it was rainy!) We ordered a appetizer of the raw crackers/veggies, with the guacamole and raw "cheese" dip. It was fantastic! For my main course I ordered the teriyaki noodles. Very tasty, and would definitely order it again next time we make a trip out to Seattle!

Pros: good portions, healthy
Cons: minimal inside seating
chrisaultman
chrisaultman
  • raw

Love this place!

5 Posted on 09 / 19 / 2010

After enjoying Chaco Canyon for years, I was thrilled to find a second raw joint. Great selection and an array of subtle and bold flavors. Love the ambience and the people. And I love the fact you can stuff yourself on raw vegan food...and actually feel ENERGIZED!

Pros: RAWsome food, Ambience & people
thoor_ballylee
thoor_ballylee

Yummy, Filling, Raw Foods

5 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2010

I just moved into the area and have only been once but I really enjoyed myself here. We had two of the shakes and two of the entrees and I plan on going back soon and checking out much more of their menu. They have quite an extensive menu with many different options for just about everyone from the seasoned live foods people to the simply veg curious and all of us in between, this place is a must. You will walk out with at least a few new ideas for preparing vegetables at home and that alone is worth the time and money. The atmosphere leaves a little to be desired it feels kind of like a grocery store/cafeteria but there are a few tables outside as well and it's not too bad, don't expect anything fancy and you won't be disappointed. Also do your self a favor and check out the foods and the books in the back, lots of interesting and great stuff to be found there.

Simply put this place isn't perfect but if you are vegetarian or just enjoy eating new and different foods and are in the Seattle area there isn't a reason in the world that you shouldn't try Thrive. If you do hate it, (which I don't see how you can) well just go across the street and get something at Whole Foods. Seriously give this place a shot.

Pros: great raw foods, I love this neighborhood, great shakes
Cons: cafeteria feel to it
alisonca
alisonca

Wonderful smoothies and desserts!

4 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2009

Any restaurant that will make you chocolate coconut smoothies is a treasure. I only had the "coconutty" but it was very hard to choose. I wish I could have tried the "Boutenko's Best". I ate here twice while I was in town but I wanted to get the coconutty both times. The smoothies come in four different sizes, so if you don't want to pay $9 for 24 oz, you don't have to.

I'd never had kelp noodles before, but I got them in "Oh my Samurai". Very fun and tasty. I also had the "Oh Pastadoro". It was more like a salad and less like a bowl of pasta than other dishes I've had like it, but it was still a very nice salad. My sister loved the almond ricotta.

I highly recommend the key-lime pie. It was even better than the one at Cafe Gratitude. Very limey and a little reminiscent of cheesecake. Excellent texture. The chocolate moose pie was nice as well.

The only thing I didn't like were the flax crackers and nacho cheese. The cheese was boring, a little too sweet. The crackers were completely bland. Some raw restaurants have awesome, herbed flax crackers, some just don't.

This place is definitely worth checking out, especially for the selection of smoothies and the desserts.

Pros: raw smoothies, raw desserts, cooked options
Cons: flax crackers, bus your own table
cindy_seattle
cindy_seattle

Delicious Raw Vegan Food!

5 Posted on 03 / 16 / 2009

Thrive is the perfect example of 'big things come in small packages.' This is a small cafe' atmosphere with a small store off to the side for specialty items. I have visited for lunch and dinner time and found all of their foods to be scrumptious! Their hours are listed from 11am-9pm, seven days a week, but I know they recently opened for breakfast as well during the week. What have I tried? Berry Delicious, Celestial Sea and Coconutty Smoothies; Sweet Surrender and Oh My Thai Soups; Oh Pastadoro! and Teriyaki Noodles Entrees; and last but not least, the Mocha Latte Heaven and Tiramisu Magic desserts! This restaurant has a few menu items that are not considered truly raw, and they cater more to the raw vegan lifestyle. Regardless, the salads, drinks and desserts are enjoyed by young and old alike, no matter what your lifestyle choice! It's all healthy! Sometimes their tiramisu dessert is not available as it takes 3 days to prepare and it's one of the most popular desserts! Check out some of their group meetups on weekends that share experiences, discuss health issues and the raw food lifestyle benefits!

Pros: excellent food, healthy, comfortable
Cons: off-street parking, size of seating area, not near my home
Miso Vegan
Miso Vegan

Great raw option

4 Posted on 02 / 11 / 2009

Surely Seattle can support another raw vegan restaurant. Thrive is going to do good things, if the community doesn't get complacent. The food is delicious (although I'm not a raw foodie so I wimped out and ordered a cooked-rice dish) and the smoothie I had - orange creamsicle flavor - was divine. Thrive is really a lovely place, and you owe it to your health (mental and physical) to check it out!

Pros: good location, delicious, creative
Cons: typical raw prices, parking could be tricky

Dear Owner and Manager of Thrive: