Three Virtues Vegetarian Re...

Traditional family restaurant, take North Point MTR Exit B2. Seats 300+ from single diners to banquets. Has English menu. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Take-out

Mon-Sun 11:00am-11:30pm

First Review by JohnnySensible
MonicaPancake
MonicaPancake

Best food I had in Hong Kong!

Posted on 10 / 13 / 2015

I adore Chinese food, and I have felt its loss keenly since quitting meat over 10 years ago. I therefore am delighted when I find delicious Chinese menus that are 100% vegetarian! I'm vegan, but I visited the restaurant with Cantonese speakers who were able to communicate this to the waitstaff, so I had no problems. (I don't think waiters spoke English, but they were very accommodating, nonetheless!) I shared many dishes and especially enjoyed a rice dish that had fake "lamb" in it (it creeps me out when vegan dishes are referred to with animal names - I mention it for identification purposes only!)

Portions were large and prices were considerably lower than other veg places I visited during my trip. I also liked the large tables, some of which had lazy susans on them, that allowed families and large groups to share food together. The cozy familiar atmosphere & delicious food will bring me straight back the next time I visit Hong Kong!

Pros: large, filling portions, not touristy
Cons: may be hard to find - up flight of stair, names of menu items refer to meat
Stevie
Stevie

Three Virtues Vegetarian Restaurant, Hong Kong

Posted on 02 / 16 / 2014

I had a late lunch here today. Firstly its a big place with lots of seats / tables. Secondly the amount of choice on the menu seems huge (maybe that's normal for around here as the place I ate in last night had a similarly mindboggling selection to choose from.

I asked the waitress for info on what was egg & honey free. She didn't understand my English so well and with my Cantonese currently at 5 words (and improving by the day), she called over the manager. He explained that of the dishes I was looking at, one of them was made with egg noodles. He said he'd ask the chef to change that so that egg free noodles were used for me.

I had braised tofu with ginger and monkey head mushrooms, and also some bean curd and mushroom noodle soup. Both were fine.

Pros: Vegan friendly, English & Chinese menus, Helpful staff
Whocindah
Whocindah

pretty good

Posted on 02 / 08 / 2013

We found this restaurant to be pretty decent. The menu has English "subtitles" which was very helpful as the staff we encountered didn't speak English. They were very friendly and efficient. The food was decent with plenty of flavour. It was a bit on the greasy side but overall it was a nice meal. Some of the mock meat names may be a bit disturbing "vegetarian cartilage" for one. Note: we were not offered any napkins and noticed that the local patrons had brought their own.

Pros: friendly and efficient staff, reasonable prices, plenty of seating
Cons: greasy, no napkins

sglcklch
sglcklch

Traditional vegetarian Cantonese food

Posted on 03 / 19 / 2010

A traditional Chinese restaurant serving traditional vegetarian dishes. Food wasn't bad and came in big portions, but bit on the greasy side, which always seems to be the case with these Chinese vegetarian restaurants. If you don't mind the Chinese kind of dining setting, this might not be a bad place to chow down.

Pros: reasonably priced, big portions
Cons: greasy, noisy
dsrtgrl79
dsrtgrl79

Fun for the adventerous gweilos

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2008

It took some extra time to find, but was great when we did. Not too much english spoken, but helpful none the less. Most of our dishes were fried, but perhaps next time we'll try more stir fried options. Flavors were good and ideas for food mixes were new to us and fun to try. All turned out to taste great. New tastes are always a plus at a vegie Chinese place. Crowded at lunch, but still managed to fit us in without a booking. We'll be back.

Pros: flavor, selection, price
Cons: location, signage, english speaking staff
JohnnySensible
JohnnySensible
  • herbivore

Imperial setting & cuisine

Posted on 06 / 17 / 2007

I am in awe of this place. They must have spent a fortune modernizing it / decorating recently. With the current owner for 4 years. Family owned & family managed. Great atmosphere - can be a little noisy on the "veggy" days in the Chinese calendar. Super popular amongst the Hong Kong business community . You often see parties of 20 / 40 / 60 people all dining together. All of the classic Cantonese dishes on the menu. Prices are very reasonable. Seperate paper menu for dim-sum. A few dishes contain egg - they are clearly marked on the menu. No English sign at street level - go with the numbering - walk up one flight of stairs. Another branch in Jordan, Kowloon - then one more in the mainland of China , Quanzhou City - Fujian Province.

Dear Owner and Manager of Three Virtues Vegetarian Restaurant - North Point: