Three Carrots Restaurant

Located in the historical city market in downtown is the first 100% vegan restaurant in the city. Serves breakfast/brunch, sandwiches, salads and soups. The owner also makes the seitan used at other restaurants around the city. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, International, Take-out

ScottandBrandy
ScottandBrandy

Very, very good!

Posted on 03 / 17 / 2016

We finally had the chance to try Three Carrots. The city market is such a neat place, but I used to only go there for juices. Now that I have experienced Three Carrots I will go back often! Our sandwiches were really good, I had chili on the side and Brandy had dumplings. Both were full of flavor. We ordered from there online Square ordering system and it was quick and easy. The people were friendly and smiled! I heard a rumor from a friend while we were in City Market that a Three Carrots brick and mortar is in the works! Exciting news! If you are in Indy go experience Three Carrots at the City Market!

Pros: fast friendly service, great tasting food
Cons: lots of seitan, not good for those intolerant to g
ianellemo
ianellemo

Great food!

Posted on 01 / 21 / 2016

Great food! Excellent service! The Vegan Gyro was awesome!!

Pros: many options, affordable
Cons: none
Drhannahj
Drhannahj

Amazing!

Posted on 01 / 20 / 2016

Located inside the City Market, this is a fantastic place to eat!! I had the Tofu Kitchen Sink Sandwich and a Chocolate Chip Muffin with jalapeño & cranberry glaze. Super delicious. The staff were very friendly & I enjoyed my meal! It was very popular too which was great to see! I parked on the street close by, and took my food to the upstairs seating area. Restroom facilities inside the city market are available.

shyann
shyann

Three Carrots Restaurant Review

Posted on 12 / 31 / 2015

My fiance and I had a little trouble finding the restaurant because we expected it to be its own building, but after we finally found it we had a wonderful lunch there. The workers were so nice and cool, and the food was delicious. I like that the restaurant isn't its own building, so other people can come across this restaurant and choose to eat a healthier vegan meal, even though they may not be vegan. This is my favorite vegan restaurant and I recommenced it for breakfast or lunch any day.

Pros: Great food, Great customer service, Perfect little restaurant for lunch
Cons: It should be a little easier to find :)
AprilvNicole
AprilvNicole

Fantastic!

Posted on 12 / 29 / 2015

I can always count on three carrots for a nice hearty fulfilling lunch. Their seitan is awesome. The seitan dumpling soup and rosemary biscuits are a meal on their own. The service is always friendly and helpful. These guys need their own restaurant.

Lucy011
Lucy011

Delicious

Posted on 08 / 26 / 2015

In town for an interview and looked up Happy Cow suggestions. This was within walking distance of the hotel. I had the Bahn Mi and was thrilled. The seitan is very good and very flavorful. Everything in my lunch was fresh and the flavored were amazing. But, the seitan, is really well crafted. Excellent! Hope I get the job, so that I can come back for more.

LauraK
LauraK

Perfect lunch!

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2015

Friendly, great food. Tried the pulled seitan sandwich and peach muffins. Delicious!

Catdoc1
Catdoc1

Simply Amazing, Friendly Service

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2015

I am simply blown away by how incredible this take-away food was. Tops anything I've had in Seattle and Portland. A new fan!

Pros: Wonderful depth of flavor, very creative options.
Cons: Parking limited
KMcQ
KMcQ

Amazing Food!!

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2015

The Three Carrots had great service and amazing food. I took both my parents along (neither are vegan or vegetarian) and they both raved about their meals. My dad, who loves meat, had the BLT and loved it! My mom is more open to the vegan lifestyle and had the veg out and loved it too. I had the hummus and veggie wrap and its one of the best wraps I've ever had!!

Pros: great service , AMAZING food, vegan "sweets"
Cons: took a while to prepare food (but so worth it)
Cat Hair Day
Cat Hair Day

The Catnip Diaries - Three Carrots

Posted on 06 / 09 / 2015

Cat Hair Day loves to go out on dates. Being vegan makes it a challenge to find restaurants with options beyond a side salad or chips and salsa, but that’s part of the fun – finding vegan-friendly places to eat in Indy. And trust us, we don’t starve! We knew right away when we decided to start reviewing restaurants that Three Carrots would be at the top of the list!

If we could justify eating at Three Carrots every day for the rest of our nine lives, we would. Seriously, it is that good! I (Amy) am pretty sure that Nat probably goes there for lunch several times a week and just doesn’t tell me, cause he knows that I would be super jealous. Three Carrots is the kind of place where you can feel confident trying something new, knowing that no matter what you order, it will be delicious. Oh, and did we mention that the menu is 100% VEGAN?

Three Carrots offers food that is satisfying for vegans and non-vegans alike. They don’t just create vegan versions of traditionally non-vegan food; they go way further, creating dishes that are so unique and tasty that they rival their non-vegan counterparts. I told Nat on this particular trip to Three Carrots that if I had a non-veg friend or family member that I wanted to introduce to vegan food that I would take them to Three Carrots, every time.

Their menu options include breakfast foods such as biscuits & gravy and seitan & waffles, and lunch and dinner items, such as seitan wings, a chickpea salad sandwich, a seitan-derloin, a buffalo wrap, seitan gyro, grilled tofu salad, and a seitan BLT (just to name a few)! Some of the dishes they offer are rotating specials that aren’t offered daily, so depending on when you stop in, you might be surprised to find a new option every time you visit – making your decision on what to order even more difficult! No reason to stress about it too much though, we have yet to try something there that hasn’t exceeded our expectations. You really can’t go wrong regardless of what you order!

Vegan Friendly: 5/5

BackwoodsBelle
BackwoodsBelle

delish!

Posted on 04 / 23 / 2015

Ian has done a fantastic job! Amazing food, and fair prices. Only wish the parking was better for a quick pop in.

Cons: parking, downtown traffic
kaduhacissej
kaduhacissej

Giddy for Three Carrots

Posted on 03 / 03 / 2015

I get giddy anytime I have the pleasure of going here. Everything I've had here has been spectacular. I wish it was more convenient for my husband and I to get there more often, but I can't win 'em all. My favorite thing so far has been the seitan and waffles. It might be a regular on the Saturday breakfast menu now, but it was a special when I got it. The seitan was all crispy and delicious, the perfect compliment to the sweetness and softness of the waffle. Other items that I have loved include the gyro, seitan BLT, pulled seitan sandwich, biscuits and gravy, all of the specials I've had the pleasure to try, the baked goods, etc.

Oh, and if you like beer, do yourself a favor, and walk your food up to Tomlinson Tap room (on the 2nd level in the market) and enjoy an Indiana-brewed beer (or several) with your Three Carrots!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday February 25, 2015

Pros: Excellent food, Great staff, Did I mention excellent food?
Guest
Guest

Indys First Vegan Restaurant!!!

Posted on 02 / 13 / 2015

We went in today and had pulled seitan sandwiches with a cup of Mac and cheese. It was the best Mac and cheese ever!!! The sandwiches were phenomenal too. Everything from the bread to the sauce to the seitan was Excellant. I really like that they use fresh baked artisan bread. I know one review said they didn't use enough seitan but I saw the guy use a whole handful on my sandwich so I thought there was plenty. Definitely come out and check this place out!!

Pros: All vegan, Tasty , Fast Service
ZowLambda
ZowLambda

Great Seitan!

Posted on 02 / 11 / 2015

This place definitely has some of the best seitan dishes I've tried. However, the seitan portions are quite small when compared to the amount of bread in the dish. The bread is fresgly made and crunchy, but I am not much of a sandwich fan, so I didn't enjoy it ad much as the seitan.

Pros: Delicious Seitan, Good Sized Portions, Reciclable Silverware
Cons: Too Much Bread Instead Of Seitan
ReidMeFirst
ReidMeFirst

Great food at any vegetarian level

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2014

Three Carrots is the first restaurant in town that doesn't just have good vegetarian food, but great food period.

Chef Ian does an excellent job at making all-vegan dishes that have flavor. Three Carrots actually does a lot of business with the non-vegetarian crowd, because the flavors of food are so nice. Carnivore friends of mine are often hitting this place up while having a beer from the tap room upstairs.

I visit Three Carrots once or twice a week, and work my way through the menu over a period of a month or so. Seriously, all of the sandwiches are yum-yum, and he often has specials that are also wonderful. If you're in Indy from out of town, or living in town and haven't been here yet, do yourself a favor and go.

The only downsides are that it is downtown in the city market, and is only open for dinner on Fridays and Saturdays (it's mostly a lunchtime place or early dinner place during the week). Three Carrots will hopefully open a full-size restaurant before long.

Pros: Good eats, Low price, Friendly owner/cooks
Cons: Hours
AndreaKowalski
AndreaKowalski

A Vegan Oasis in the Land of Steakhouses

Posted on 10 / 06 / 2014

I arrived in Indy for a business trip to find a steakhouse on every corner, but very few vegan options. I was delighted to discover that Three Carrots had opened a few months prior to my arrival. I went there every day for lunch. It was absolutely delicious. The grilled tofu-pesto veggie sandwich, the housemade pickles, and the Caesar salad were my faves.

MareaKinney-Vegan
MareaKinney-Vegan

Highly Recommended!

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2014

I love Three Carrots! I try to schedule all my lunch meetings at Three Carrots! As a vegan, I appreciate having a variety of options, especially healthy options that are also filling. Ian and his crew are wonderful, hard working people that I love to support. This location was long anticipated and definitely worth the wait!

Pros: Delicious! Ian makes the best seitan!, Central location, Very reasonably priced (ALL VEGAN!)
Vegtravel4
Vegtravel4

Indy's best vegan food

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2014

I waited so long for this place to open. It is a blessing to my taste buds and stomach. Absolute best thing for sale is the chili. Seitan sandwiches are better than the tofu sandwiches, in my opinion. I am so happy 3C opened and indy vegans have an actual ALL VEGAN restaurant.

Pros: seitan, chili, low prices
pmoreira
pmoreira

Absolutely delicious!!!

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2014

This is what Indy was missing! A food hut in the central market. I had the seitan sandwich and it was absolutely delicious!!!

Pros: Delicious!!!, Good selection
Cons: Not open in evenings

Dear Owner and Manager of Three Carrots Restaurant: