Located in the historical city market in downtown is the first 100% vegan restaurant in the city. Serves breakfast/brunch, sandwiches, salads and soups. The owner also makes the seitan used at other restaurants around the city. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, International, American, Take-out

kaduhacissej
kaduhacissej

Giddy for Three Carrots

Posted on 02 / 25 / 2015

I get giddy anytime I have the pleasure of going here. Everything I've had here has been spectacular. I wish it would more convenient for my husband and I to get there more often, but I can't win 'em all. My favorite thing so far has been the seitan and waffles. It might be a regular on the Saturday breakfast menu now, but it was a special when I got it. The seitan was all crispy and delicious, the perfect compliment to the sweetness and softness of the waffle. Other items that I have loved include the gyro, seitan BLT, pulled seitan sandwich, biscuits and gravy, all of the specials I've had the pleasure to try, the baked goods, etc.

Oh, and if you like beer, do yourself a favor, and walk your food up to Tomlinson Tap room (on the 2nd level in the market) and enjoy an Indiana-brewed beer (or several) with your Three Carrots!

Pros: Excellent food, Great staff, Did I mention excellent food?
drees2014
drees2014

Indys First Vegan Restaurant!!!

Posted on 02 / 13 / 2015

We went in today and had pulled seitan sandwiches with a cup of Mac and cheese. It was the best Mac and cheese ever!!! The sandwiches were phenomenal too. Everything from the bread to the sauce to the seitan was Excellant. I really like that they use fresh baked artisan bread. I know one review said they didn't use enough seitan but I saw the guy use a whole handful on my sandwich so I thought there was plenty. Definitely come out and check this place out!!

Pros: All vegan, Tasty , Fast Service
ZowLambda
ZowLambda

Great Seitan!

Posted on 02 / 11 / 2015

This place definitely has some of the best seitan dishes I've tried. However, the seitan portions are quite small when compared to the amount of bread in the dish. The bread is fresgly made and crunchy, but I am not much of a sandwich fan, so I didn't enjoy it ad much as the seitan.

Pros: Delicious Seitan, Good Sized Portions, Reciclable Silverware
Cons: Too Much Bread Instead Of Seitan

ReidMeFirst
ReidMeFirst

Great food at any vegetarian level

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2014

Three Carrots is the first restaurant in town that doesn't just have good vegetarian food, but great food period.

Chef Ian does an excellent job at making all-vegan dishes that have flavor. Three Carrots actually does a lot of business with the non-vegetarian crowd, because the flavors of food are so nice. Carnivore friends of mine are often hitting this place up while having a beer from the tap room upstairs.

I visit Three Carrots once or twice a week, and work my way through the menu over a period of a month or so. Seriously, all of the sandwiches are yum-yum, and he often has specials that are also wonderful. If you're in Indy from out of town, or living in town and haven't been here yet, do yourself a favor and go.

The only downsides are that it is downtown in the city market, and is only open for dinner on Fridays and Saturdays (it's mostly a lunchtime place or early dinner place during the week). Three Carrots will hopefully open a full-size restaurant before long.

Pros: Good eats, Low price, Friendly owner/cooks
Cons: Hours
AndreaKowalski
AndreaKowalski

A Vegan Oasis in the Land of Steakhouses

Posted on 10 / 06 / 2014

I arrived in Indy for a business trip to find a steakhouse on every corner, but very few vegan options. I was delighted to discover that Three Carrots had opened a few months prior to my arrival. I went there every day for lunch. It was absolutely delicious. The grilled tofu-pesto veggie sandwich, the housemade pickles, and the Caesar salad were my faves.

MareaKinney-Vegan
MareaKinney-Vegan

Highly Recommended!

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2014

I love Three Carrots! I try to schedule all my lunch meetings at Three Carrots! As a vegan, I appreciate having a variety of options, especially healthy options that are also filling. Ian and his crew are wonderful, hard working people that I love to support. This location was long anticipated and definitely worth the wait!

Pros: Delicious! Ian makes the best seitan!, Central location, Very reasonably priced (ALL VEGAN!)
Vegtravel4
Vegtravel4

Indy's best vegan food

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2014

I waited so long for this place to open. It is a blessing to my taste buds and stomach. Absolute best thing for sale is the chili. Seitan sandwiches are better than the tofu sandwiches, in my opinion. I am so happy 3C opened and indy vegans have an actual ALL VEGAN restaurant.

Pros: seitan, chili, low prices
pmoreira
pmoreira

Absolutely delicious!!!

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2014

This is what Indy was missing! A food hut in the central market. I had the seitan sandwich and it was absolutely delicious!!!

Pros: Delicious!!!, Good selection
Cons: Not open in evenings

Dear Owner and Manager of Three Carrots Restaurant: