CLOSED: Thirsty Woman Pub

Serves meat, veg options available. Offers a vegan cheeseburger and has vegan milkshakes as well as vegan specials sometimes - call ahead. Live music some evenings. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
206 Main St
Mosier, Oregon 97040
541-478-0625

Open Mon-Fri 4-11pm, Sat-Sun 12-11pm.

First Review by VintageVariety
Carlyblvt
Carlyblvt

Nice place, lack of communication

2 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2012

This place was nice, the waitress was extremely friendly. However, considering I had been waiting for this vegan burger for a few weeks it was pretty disappointing when they ran out of vegan cheese and mayo that night and didn't bother to tell us. We just noticed when we started eating very dry burgers. When I told the owner the only thing she had to say was I hope the burgers were good enough to overcome that. I'm pretty sure cashew cheeze was a big expense to that eleven dollar burger. They did nothing to help make up for the lack of communication, cheese, and disappointment.

Pros: Vegan Burger, Housemade
Cons: Expensive, Rude Owner
VintageVariety
VintageVariety

Okay

2 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2011

Went there and had the vegan cheeseburger. The bread was white and dry, the vegan patty was kind of like a sloppy joe, but it had a bbq taste and was good and it came with tots.. it was priced at $10 which was quite steep for the quality.. I'd say it was worth about $6. I also got a root beer float with vegan ice cream for $5, whatever vegan "ice cream" they used, it could have just as well been slush scraped off from the side of the freezer. I would have been embarrassed to serve such a thing, especially if I'm charging $5 for it. My husband got a special, which was a pita wrap with hummus.. on a plain dry white pita, not very tasty, for around $10. I really love that they serve vegan food options, but they need some serious improvement before I would return. They also need a better beer selection if they're going to survive with the numerous popular brew pubs in Hood River. The ambiance and the view was nice.

Pros: cute restaurant, pretty view
Cons: bad food, poor beer selection, expensive for the quality

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Thirsty Woman Pub: