A small vegan food restaurant providing Vietnamese cuisine, since 2012. Menu features veggie soups, baguette sandwiches, rice and noodle dishes, juices, and Vietnamese coffee. Uses faux meats and also sells veggie foodstuff for take home. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Fast food, Vietnamese, Asian, Take-out, Delivery

kenvegan
kenvegan

Rude staff / Decent food

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2015

I went to dinner at Thein Dang at about 6:54PM earlier (the restaurant hours state that the restaurant closes at 7PM). The restaurant is small, and the food pre-prepared and sits in metal containers behind a glass casing at the counter. I wanted for about 5 minutes behind other customers in line, and then placed my order. The woman at the counter asked if I wanted to eat at the restaurant, and I said yes. She said "Sorry, we are closed". Because I had to wait in line, the restaurant was suddenly closed? I replied "Am I at least able to order food?" she said "No". So I walked out the door. Hungry and determined, I walked back inside and asked if I could please take some food to go. Another one of the staff members said that would be ok. The food was already prepared, so I was very surprised that they had any issue serving me. I ordered a noodle and tofu dish and another stringy tofu dish. Both were just average, and certainly were not worth the hassle. I give this place a 3 star, and that is generous. There are other better veg places in the area, and this is the first time I have had such an issue in any restaurant.

Pros: Decent food
Cons: Rude staff
cuteleticia77
cuteleticia77

Delicious food

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2014

Not only are the sandwiches delicious, the customer service is excellent!

evelinemater
evelinemater

Wish we'd gone back again

Posted on 05 / 06 / 2014

We ate at several vegan joints in LA and probably enjoyed the first one, this one, the best.

There was the imitation meat, but also plenty of non-mock choices. Everything was fresh and the flavors were clear and delicious.

Scored a few things I'd never seen before in their store, too

Pros: Quick n cheap, Friendly staff, Delicious
Cons: Takeaway atmosphere, In a strip mall

BFonville
BFonville

nice!

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2014

When you drive through the hundreds of Vietnamese restaurants in Garden Grove and wish there was one for you, don't fret you're in luck! Inexpensive Bahn Mi sandwiches and noodle soups. A little heavy on the fake meat options for me but they sell all of it for home cooking as well

Pros: inexpensive
H
H

Veggie take-out

Posted on 11 / 27 / 2013

Place is more set up for takeout, but you can also order in. They have veggy-meats and Asian products for sale. I had fried rice - was good. I think their main thing are Vietnamese style sandwiches on French bread.

Pros: cheap prices
Kiwi Watson
Kiwi Watson

Deeelicious

Posted on 06 / 05 / 2013

Great little place. Was craving banh mi and vietnamese coffee and became ecstatic to discover that this place has vegan vietnamese coffee (commonly used recipes call for condensed milk). For my first time, I ordered just that! The crust was light and flaky while the interior of the bread fluffy and smooth. Cucumber fresh, cool and crisp. Protein well balanced in flavor. They also sell other products in their refrigerated section such as noodles, bulk items, jerky, vegan/vegetarian seafood...can't wait to go again!

Pros: Cozy seating space

Dear Owner and Manager of Thien Dang Vegetarian: