Established in fall 2009, The Wild Cow features vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free food with changing specials. Has organic vegan wine, ciders, high-alcohol beers, vegan and gluten free baked goods. Fun, casual environment. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out
1896 Eastland Ave
Nashville, Tennessee 37206
615-262-2717

Open Sun-Mon, Wed-Thur 11am-9pm, Fri-Sat 11am-10pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by SirJustinian
Raesock
Raesock

Wonderful

5 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2014

I love the Wild Cow. My husband and I eat here a lot. My favorite thing on the menu is the nachos! Get them fajita style with avocado! Yum! Even just an order of the vegan queso as an appetizer is amazing! My husband loves the Philly and the tacos. They always have good desserts, the cheese cake is especially good. Or share a big slice of cake! The banana chocolate chip is really good!
My only complaint is the service is VERY hit or miss. There are a few employees that are great and friendly, then a bunch that seem to hate that you came to their restaurant. Recently we were waiting for our check (we had finished eating probably 10 minutes before) and our waitress was sitting at the counter eating a plate of food. When one in our party went to ask if we could get our check she said "sure" then continued eating her meal. We waited a while longer then flagged down another passing waitress to get it. It was really weird. The bad service sadly seems to be the norm. I will still give them an "excellent" because I like the food so much.

Pros: nachos, good food, good specials
Cons: rude staff
Imriela
Imriela

Amazing

5 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2014

This place is amazing. I've been here so often, it's my go to place when I don't feel like cooking. I've had so many things on their menu and all of it has been top notch. My girlfriend always gets the nachos. My two favorites are probably the Philly and the sweet potato black bean tacos. I can't say anything bad about this place; great food, good atmosphere, friendly staff, laid back attitude, and just an all around great place to go eat. I bring my meat eating friends here regularly and they are always shocked at how good vegan food can taste.
It can get busy on Friday and weekend nights, and they don't take reservations; so be ready for a wait or go during the week when they are less busy.

Pros: Amazing Food, Great Atmosphere
7karen7
7karen7

not a fan

3 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2014

Super casual, service isn't the best. Lots of fake meat type of dishes. Note that I only went once, about 4yrs ago so maybe staff is better now but online menu looks the same.

Pros: support veg restaurant
Cons: fake meat dishes galore
DaveMiami
DaveMiami

Very awesome!

5 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2014

Informal atmosphere. I got an awesome dish with tempeh, kale, quinoa, beans, and vegan ranch and bbq sauce. They also have local kombucha, and juices and smoothies and a great menu. Highly recommended!

Pros: Menu, Quality food, Kombucha, juices, smoothies
hollyfrench
hollyfrench

Tasty solid vegan food

5 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

Wild Cow is great. Everything is vegan unless you choose to add dairy cheese, and I think maybe a couple of the bottled drinks are sweetened with honey. The menu is pretty much all of the standard stuff you expect from a casual vegan restaurant: salads, sandwiches, bowls. They serve (vegan) beer and wine. The Sunday brunch was just okay when I tried it, but it was relatively new at the time and may have improved by now. The rest of the menu items I've tried have been great, though the specials can be hit or miss. My favorites are the taco salad (fajita style!), the buffalo beans and greens, and the tempeh reuben.

jdestefanis
jdestefanis

Great Food!!

5 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2014

Visited the restaurant twice while vacationing in Nashville.

Pros: Large Menu, Friendly Staff, Yummy
Anthony-Fucito
Anthony-Fucito

Excellent food (for the most part)

5 Posted on 04 / 15 / 2014

I've eaten at Wild Cow 3 times. For the most part everything is fantastic. I will whole heartily recommend:
-The Philly Seitan Cheesesteak
-The Tempeh Reuben
-Veggie Burger
-Couscous salad
-Buffalo Tofu

These were all delicious and I would get them again in a heartbeat.

I have one complaint, and it's their hummus. It's missing something, and pretty bland. I'm not a culinary expert, but I think they use too little tahini or spices. I would suggest reevaluating that recipe.

TesaJ
TesaJ

Good Food - Can Be Expensive

3 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2014

Thanks to HappyCow I found this place while in Nashville and I would say I would go back again. I had the Picnic Veggie Burger (which has pineapple coleslaw) and it was delish. I also bought a slice of peanut butter banana (my weakness) cake the size of both my hands and they said I got a discount for it being smaller than usual! The cake was an amazing Vegan cake, one of the best I've had while eating out. Most of the menu is vegan which was a lovely bonus. However, it cost about $20 just for my food alone. Not exactly budget friendly. Plus the seating and parking is extremely limited. Over all, the food and the staff were great though!

Pros: Great Cake, Nice Portion Sizes, Most Of Menu Is Vegan
Cons: Expensive, Limited Seating and Parking
Ceili1966
Ceili1966

Loved it

5 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2014

Stayed in Nashville for a week and ate here twice. Had the artichoke dip appetizer and the Prince Fielder was excellent. The nachos were a little spicy for me. Highly recommend

Technicality
Technicality

Wild Cow

5 Posted on 01 / 15 / 2014

I have eaten here twice and the food is pretty good on the whole, but can be hit or miss because they are not afraid to experiment. For example, if you always wanted a vegan cheesesteak sandwich this is your place. That sort of thing makes no sense to me, I'd just as rather fly up to Philly and go to Jim's. Still I admire the daring, and obviously some have a taste for faux-meat foods.

The veggie quinoa bowl was very good and the sweet potato black bean tacos were good.

This place wins the hipness and cool factor, if that is important.

Prices are fair for a sit-down nice casual upscale type of place.

Parking can be interesting.

Service can be aloof.

Updated from previous review on Wednesday January 15, 2014

Pros: Creative menu, Good for a "date night", Many choices
Cons: Parking
kmilitello
kmilitello

Great Nashville vegan food!

4 Posted on 12 / 06 / 2013

Visited briefly on a trip to Nashville for a snack before a business dinner elsewhere. The restaurant was inviting, and I sat at a counter while doing some work and eating a giant, delicious plate of vegan nachos (a vegan guilty pleasure). The nachos were unique and uncharacteristic because of the different sauces (one was curry based) but they were fabulous! Would love to visit again for a full meal!

westfallsouth
westfallsouth

Really Enjoyed It

5 Posted on 11 / 14 / 2013

One of my two favorite places--the other being Queen of Sheba in Louisville--on a trip from South Florida to Michigan. Everything was good. I especially liked the cole slaw (getting vegan cole slaw is not always easy). I think of the Wild Cow often and wish it were closer to where I live!

Twitch
Twitch

Good Food And Such

4 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2013

On my way home from class I decided to stop by The Wild Cow, which I found out about thanks to this website. The atmosphere was great. As another user put it, there was a collection of hippies, hipsters, and "normal people" (though I am neither of the first two yet far from normal). The music wasn't too bad and the staff was very friendly. I ordered the Chipotle Seitan Tacos and the soup of the day, black bean I believe. Both were fantastic, and if I didn't plan on trying something new next time, I'd have them again. My only complaint is all the organic drinks. I am just vegetarian, so I still love my Coca-Cola. If they had it, I missed it. But hey, I can settle for water if it means good food.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Good Food, Welcoming Atmosphere
Cons: Drinks
GigglingPixie
GigglingPixie

disappointed vegan : (

2 Posted on 10 / 15 / 2013

While vacationing in Nashville...I decided to try this place out for Sunday brunch. The pumpkin pancakes & cinammon roll sounded yummy, but they were awful! The pancakes were so thick & gooey that I didn't even eat them. The cinammon roll was flat...it was more like a 1 inch tall pastry. The restaurant was full with a waiting line & I saw others ordering different items from the menu...which I am assuming probably tasted better than my Sunday brunch selection. The place is pretty small & the service was average. Prices are fair. I decided not to go back to "test" out any other menu items.

sesk
sesk

Amazing

5 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2013

I really can't say anything beyond that. Some of the best vegan foods and desserts that I have ever had!!

Pros: Vegan, Delicious Food, Price
2002rulz
2002rulz

not great brunch

2 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2013

We went there for brunch and the pancakes were awful — Very heavy and dense. The tofu was okay and the cinnamon rolls were heavy as well. My husband is picky about healthful food and was disgusted. His organic orange juice tasted slightly soiled too.

RachaelSera
RachaelSera

tasty comfort food

4 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2013

Something I wish someone had told me prior: If you don't want your food absolutely drenched in the thick, gooey vegenaise garlic sauce (I'm talking 2:1 ratio of this stuff), then ask for anything with the garlic aioli to be served with it on the side (or without it). I wasn't able to eat my vegetables because they were so covered in it.

Everything else was great, though. Caesar Salad was incredible. Buffalo Tempeh Strips were exactly what you'd hope them to be (spicy and buffalo-y). The seitan in the Chipotle Seitan Tacos was perfect! Spicy and taco-y. The Price Fielder (tofu, avocado, and veggie sandwich) was okay; the tofu and avocado kinda got lost in it. Other sandwiches are probably better.

The service was okay considering how busy it was. I was a little disappointed that I wasn't offered a new side of veggies without the aioli when I couldn't eat them.

Cons: oh god the aioli!
AMuellerTX
AMuellerTX

More than satisfied

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2013

Many options, lots of gluten and dairy free menu items. Super friendly staff. Loved the GF, DF cupcakes and raw cheesecake. Will go again the next time i'm in Nashville!

Pros: Friendly staff, Good food, Allergy / special diets friendly
TRS076
TRS076

Wild Cow

5 Posted on 04 / 10 / 2013

Visited Nashville. Liked the location and atmosphere. Cozy little place.

Pros: Good Food, Vegan dishes, Good prices
LydiaB
LydiaB

A-mazing!

5 Posted on 03 / 22 / 2013

In a city without a lot of options for a celiac vegan, the Wild Cow was like a dream come true for me. I could have my pick from the wide and original menu, and everything I had (and what I tasted of my husband's meal) was absolutely delicious. They use whole, organic foods and are creative with their sauces and extras. I had fresh made juice, a quinoa bowl with garlicky kale and root vegetables and even a frickin' sweet chocolate brownie. Our friends had goodies like vegan philly sandwich and sweet potato and black bean tacos. The service was not super friendly, but the quick arrival of our food, good atmosphere and fantastic eats would have me coming back.

Pros: Fantastic food, gluten-free options, reasonably priced
Cons: Staff not super friendly
elninolisto
elninolisto

Burger and Beer night

5 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2013

Yes, it is great. We were there on a monday, burger and beer night. I had a perfect dark beer that tasted like chocolate and espresso and a black bean burger with chips and dips. My wife had the peanut tempeh salad, both was delicious and the staff gave us lots of tips for other cities as well as Nashville. Thanks you Wild Cow

Pros: Friendly Staff, Delicious Food, Cool Neighbourhood
Jennycraig
Jennycraig

Buffalo Wild Wings

5 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

Hard to find vegan in nashville tennessee! I highly recommend this restaurant Great atmosphere, great service. Two thumbs up. My favorite was the vegan version of Buffalo Wild Wings. It was delicious.

Rick1976
Rick1976

So-So food for expensive prices

3 Posted on 12 / 19 / 2012

I've been to the Wild Cow five or six times now, and while the staff are very friendly and I like the atmosphere, I have never been overly impressed with most of their food choices. I think the food is expensive for the size of the servings and also for the taste, which is pretty good but not great. This restaurant certainly does not compare to the vegan places where I've eaten in Washington, DC (which are sometimes surprisingly cheaper). They do have a buffet once a week, with a different theme and run by a different organization (called the BE Hive), which I've tried once and which was VERY good. An added bonus is that the profits from this buffet go to a different non-profit organization each week. I definitely support the Wild Cow, as it is one of the few places in Nashville with an all-vegetarian menu, but if it were located in a place with more vegetarian/vegan restaurants, I probably would not frequent as much as I do.

Pros: VERY friendly staff, Nice atmosphere
Cons: Small portions, Expensive, Good, but not GREAT, food
no whey!
no whey!

Attention Travelling Vegans:

5 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2012

When I'm in the area, I have a hard time going to eat anywhere else. I crave Wild Cow when I'm not even hungry.

I could write a novella about all the things I like about this place, but I'll bite my tongue and just say: definitely love their sandwiches and desserts. Don't leave this place without trying their cake, seriously.

Pros: Variety, Specials, CAKE
Lolamoviola
Lolamoviola

Great!

4 Posted on 10 / 11 / 2012

Our second day in Nashville and we visit the Wild Cow! We liked the area this restaurant was in : Not touristic and packed, it was a nice quiet neighborhood surrounded by trees. The Wild cow was small and cosy: lots of art at the wall and from our table we could watch right into the kitchen! That was cool!

The waiters were sooo nice and the food was the best! The menu is divers! They even have nice and suprising drinks like local grown tea!
Enjoy your stay!

Peacelovevegan
Peacelovevegan

Buffalo salad so amazing

5 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2012

This place was super great. I had the black bean sweet potato tacos which were pretty good, but my friend's buffalo salad was out of this world. Plus they have a variety of hot sauces and kombucha.

Pros: delicious, mostly vegan
Elizabeth Herman
Elizabeth Herman

nice place for lunch

4 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2012

Really enjoyed the energy with other youthful diners at lunch in late June. The tofu reuben sandwich was excellent. The menu is broad-ranging and full of options. The decor is cheerful and the wild animal photographs emphasize the importance of the environmental benefits of vegetarianism.

The spinach artichoke dip was a bit runny and bland. Otherwise the food was fine.

The atmosphere is great except for the volume of the music. Also, as a northerner, I'm not used to the amount of frequent, attentive repeated checking on me by staff.. It's beautiful southern hospitality I guess.

Pros: good sandwich, wide selection of menu items, high energy community atmosphere
Cons: loud music, runny spinach dip, constant interruptions by wait staff
KatieFucito
KatieFucito

Disappointed

3 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2012

After reading about this restaurant on blogs and looking at the menu online, my husband and I were super excited. We planned to eat here twice during our two-day visit to Nashville but decided against it and ate at Italia Pizza instead (best vegan pizza ever). I'll tell you why.

Our server kind of seemed like she was high. We had planned to ask what there was for vegans to do in Nashville but she just seemed out of it. After we ordered and she gave us our food, she sat down to eat and never came back.

More importantly, the food was good but not nearly as good as I had thought it would be. I had the buffalo tofu sandwich with a spinach eggplant salad on the side - both were tasty. My husband had the philly cheesesteak. I don't think whoever made that cheesesteak had ever eaten a philly cheesesteak. The seitan was in cubes and it was really dry. However, we have been to vegan places in Philly that do cheesesteaks so we had high expectations. It was just a mistake. His hummus was absolutely gross - I wondered if whoever made it tasted it before they decided to serve it? It was chunky/gritty, had way too much parsley and lemon, and needed more tahini.

My husband got a cupcake for dessert. He enjoyed it but I was grossed out by the flavor combo of banana bread and cookies n cream icing. We will not be coming back here.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 07, 2012

Pros: extensive menu
Cons: poor service, gross hummus
Landen
Landen

Friendly, laid-back vegan dining experience

5 Posted on 07 / 10 / 2012

Amazing food, friendly staff, and the significant bonus of not having to sift through the venue to locate vegan options--everything's vegan unless you request the alternative =). I recommend the quinoa-seitan bowl, and don't forget to try their vegan ice cream and baked goods. I frequent this restaurant on all my trips to Nashville.

Pros: vegan friendly food, excellent food and selection, reasonably priced
CarolinaR
CarolinaR

Awesome stop!

5 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2012

We stopped here on our way across country. It's was awesome!! The staff is really friendly and the food was delicious. We had the black bean burger and the buffalo tofu sub. Both were awesome! A definite recommend for those passing through town.

Pros: Delicious food, Great deserts!
sierralsantschi
sierralsantschi

Great Vegan Food

5 Posted on 06 / 19 / 2012

I stopped here on vacation from New York, and felt right at home. Wild Cow has an eclectic, DIY vibe to it. And their food is excellent AND vegan.
I ordered the buffalo tempeh strips as an appetizer and was not disappointed. I had difficulty choosing what I wanted to order since everything sounded delicious! Our waitress was very helpful and friendly. For my meal I ordered a reuben sandwich with garlic kale. The kale was cooked perfectly and had a rich flavor. I was happy with my decision on the reuben, it wasn't a skimpy sandwich by any means. Their chocolate cake is also to die for.
Wild Cow is very casual and cozy. Worth a trip to Nashville.

Pros: Vegan, Great Food, Casual Atmosphere
rmills12
rmills12

Groovy Little joint with amazing food!

5 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2012

We were in town for a wedding and found this place online and took a leap of faith. It was well worth it! It is an awesome little spot with great vibe and very freindly folks working there. I am vegan and my gf is not, but we both loved it. The quinoa tacos were amazing, and the local yazoo sue beer was great. They are mostly vegan, and I highly recommend. They even have kombucha on tap!

Pros: Food, Service, Atmosphere
Cons: Far Away
Teo
Teo

Only One in the Area

5 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2012

I should've written down what foods (entree, desert, some fine tea, mineral water, side dishes) I ate at The Wild Cow, but all were so delicious that I could think only of returning to try another, any, of the other offerings. All staff and the restaurant are very nice with warm atmosphere.

Pros: All Vegan, Friendly Staff, Quality
cshaw11
cshaw11

Great place

5 Posted on 12 / 26 / 2011

Was in town for the holidays and stopped by for a meal. Liked it so much had to eat there again before i left town. Really enjoyed the meal both visits. Highly recommended.

Pros: Great food, Lots of vegan options
Cons: Not enough seating
kaeliplaks
kaeliplaks

Excellent!

5 Posted on 12 / 18 / 2011

Wild Cow was perfect to accomodate the vegans and gluten-free eaters we had in our group! The food was very tasty and excellent service. Everyone there was kind to us and we really enjoyed the atmosphere. I wish I lived closer so I could eat there more often! Definitely a stop in Nashville you have to eat at.

Pros: vegetarian friendly, great atmosphere, tasty food
Xtie
Xtie

Yum!

5 Posted on 11 / 25 / 2011

We stopped here on our way through Nashville. The food was delicious, and the service was wonderful. We will definitely be back!

PappaG
PappaG

Passing through

5 Posted on 09 / 16 / 2011

OMG! How tasty!! Loved the dips! The sweet potato tacos ( gluton free) were KILLER with service that was friendly and informative. Next time I'm even close to Nasville I'll be there!!! Do not miss!!!!!!

ra52al39
ra52al39

Delicious!

5 Posted on 08 / 24 / 2011

My husband & I recently moved to the area and this may become our favorite restaurant. We've been vegetarian since early 1990s & having a large selection of creative foods to choose from in itself is grand, but our food was spectacular. Very tasty, service was good, ambience, though noisy, was nice. Tofu, tempeh, & seitan never had it so good! LOVE this place!!!

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, variety
Cons: noisy
foundationcitizen
foundationcitizen

Veggie oasis in Nashville area

5 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2011

We were in Nashville for an event, out from California, and found this on happy cow. We sought it out, and walked in. Immediately, we felt ourselves calm down from the madness of Nashville, and loved looking at the menu knowing it was ALL vegetarian, with ample vegan choices as well. The service was great and friendly, and everything was good. I would call this level of dining in between a super fancy type place and a casual. It was sit down dining, there were drinks available, we had a home made sangria which was awesome, and the surrounding area is just slightly on the nicer side. There were a few other restaurants right there that also looked good, but only a few veggie options.

Calimaryn
Calimaryn

Wild Cow was great!

5 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2011

I was in Nashville for the weekend and decided to visit Wild Cow based on the reviews found here. It did not disappoint. The atmosphere was great; funky and hip. The clientele was a mixture of hippies, hipsters and average everyday people. The service was exceptional. And most importantly the food was amazing! The spicy kale side was out of this world, crisp greens with a peanuty spicy sauce. Delicious! The queso was good and my daughter couldn't get enough of the salsa. Though for four people I wish they had brought more chips. The hummus was tasty and the veggies lovely. Each entree looked great and the philly cheezesteak was delicious as everyone claimed. Plus the baked goods were divine!!! I picked the triple ganache cupcake and even two days later it was fantastic; moist, rich and delicious. If you are in the area I highly suggest going!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, atmosphere
Cons: slightly hard to find, seating area is small
blackroses_78
blackroses_78

Best Vegan Place in Town

4 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2011

The Wild Cow restaurant has been open for a year and a half now and has continued to be my favorite place to eat. Everything on the menu is vegan. The only thing that makes them vegetarian is the fact that they serve both vegan and regular organic cheese. The food is high quality and many items are organic, including sodas and beers. A continual favorite of mine is the Philly "Cheesesteak". The seitan in this sandwich is cut nice and thin and cooked perfectly. Their red pepper hummus that was on special the last time I went was awesome. A generous amount served with tortilla chips. What I love about The Wild Cow is that you always leave feeling satisfied but not over full and you are eating great food that is also great for you.

Pros: organic, vegan, daily specials
Cons: needs more seating
go happy traveler
go happy traveler

Best on the road

5 Posted on 11 / 25 / 2010

On a road trip from Central Pennsylvania to SE Arizona, vegan restaurants were few and far between. Thanks to Happy Cow my girlfriend and I scored with The Wild Cow. She being vegan, and me lacto-veg, we had little to no good food prior to this. And in finding a couple more along the way, The Wild Cow is top on the list for vegan food for 2,000 miles. I had an assignment for my botany class to be vegan for a day, and it was an easy assignment to accomplish due to this fabulous place. From the Caesar Salad, special of the day, to the Philly Cheese Steak, all was great. But don't forget the dessert. Since we were travelling we grabbed cookies and cupcakes. And my-oh-my, the lavendar vanilla cupcakes are by far my fave. Not only was the food top of the line, but the people who work there are nice and provide a welcoming atmosphere. The pictures they have around telling of dogs to be rescued shows this is a community driven place. Bueno!

rikkibri
rikkibri

Love love love it!

5 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2010

The Wild Cow is a fantastic restaurant! I eat gluten free and vegan and this is one place I don't have to be concerned when it comes to whats in the food. Fresh, local if available, and scrumptious food! Their Gluten Free bread is amazing. Not anything like all the other "bricks" I have tasted over the past few years! Simply delicious. They have new specials everyday so you never get bored with the menu! 5 moos :)

nardanddee
nardanddee

Made Nashville the place to be!

5 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2010

I was in Nashville for a one-day visit for work and was headed to another vegan restaurant that has closed. The person that answered the phone told me about this place. I'm SO happy that she did! I had the homestyle plate and polished it off with a giant cupcake. Not only was it nice to know that everything was vegan-so no detective work needed to be done on my part...but everything was DELICIOUS!

Pros: great prices, great food, great service
bpupak
bpupak

Wow is The wild Cow!

5 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2010

Some of the best food anywhere! Not just because it's vegan but because they truly have great food. I have sent many a meat-eater to The Wild Cow and they loved it. If there is any chance of converting them...The Wild Cow is it.

Pros: Clean, Excellent staff, Great food
MikeG
MikeG

Happy at Wild Cow

5 Posted on 06 / 07 / 2010

As a vegetarian with vegan tendencies, eating out in Nashville can sometimes be a challenge. Luckily, we have the Wild Cow. Since it is convenient to downtown Nashville, I try to have lunch here at least once a week. The menu is mainly consists of sandwiches and salads with a few appetizers and a daily special. All items are vegan but the ovo/lacto crowd can get milk based cheese if desired. The deserts are vegan and I can confirm that the cakes are very good. I've made a point of ordering a different menu item at every visit and I have enjoyed every meal. The atmosphere is laid back, the kitchen is visible to the customers and it obvious the staff goes to great lengths to ensure cleanliness.

Pros: 100% Veg, Good Food, Good location
Cons: Portion size could be a little bigger
rosebudgirl68
rosebudgirl68

Not Just For Vegans

5 Posted on 03 / 22 / 2010

Just tried The Wild Cow and loved it! As a neurotic vegetarian, I had no worries about hidden chicken broth or lard here - that was a relief, and my Hail Seitan (coconut curry with chunky veggies on brown rice) was incredible. My husband is a hard core carnivore - he had the Buffalo Grinder and said it was better than the "real" thing. He was planning our next visit before we got out the door. This is a place that focuses on flavors, textures and variety. Sooo Nice, Sooo Yummy and not just for vegans/vegetarians.

Pros: Delicious, Affordable, Friendly Atmosphere
Cons: Limited Seating
SirJustinian
SirJustinian

Vegan oasis

5 Posted on 03 / 08 / 2010

I was excited to learn that a new vegan restaurant had opened in my old home town, so checking it out on my last visit was a must. I can happily say that The Wild Cow does not disappoint! Very relaxed and chic atmosphere. The artwork decorating the walls is splendid. The food is fantastic and all items are vegan, though they do offer non vegan cheese as an add on to many dishes. Why, I cannot say, but despite this flaw the place is a must visit. I tried the vegan queso dip appetizer, veggie burger, and vegan mac and cheese. The appetizer was quite delicious, as was the veggie burger, but the mac and cheese left something to be desired. But adding the left over vegan queso cheese to the dish made it much better.
The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the music a nice mix of classic and new alternative rock.
I highly recommend this vegan establishment to all and look forward to stopping in every time I visit the area!

Pros: Great vegan food, friendly staff, clean, artsy environment
Cons: Offer real dairy cheese as add-on, A tad pricey, but not overly so

Dear Owner and Manager of The Wild Cow: