The Wedge Community Food Co-op

Natural foods co-op that provides a diverse selection of products. more-less

First Review by condekedar
Maveric123
Maveric123

Love the Wedge

5 Posted on 03 / 21 / 2012

I have been a member since 1999 and have always loved The Wedge even if I don't get there that often (I more often go to whole Foods and the Northeast Co-op). I mainly go for the produce and the bulk dry goods and it is great. Lots of vegan stuff, so there is lots of other stuff I buy as well. The main draw back if anything is that it is almost always crowded. Overall, I don't think the masses of people who go is really that bad, because it shows massive support in the Twin Cities for Co-Op shopping, so I have no complaints. I don't even try to get in the lot anymore and walk from wherever I can find a spot on the street, which is much less stressful and walking is good for you anyway!

Pros: Great Produce, Great bulk dry goods, lots of vegan stuff
Cons: Crowds
g-force
g-force

Great though pricey

3 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2009

If I could afford it, I'd go there all the time. Great selection and quality. Not 100% veg*n, meat is sold there.

Pros: Quality, selection
Cons: price
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Nice Co-op!

5 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2009

The Wedge appeared, to me, to be a very cool/hip place to shop. Everyone shopping/working there was nice, the prices were reasonable, the store was clean. I needed some snacks for my ride back to Chicago and felt this place had plenty to offer, and needless to say, I had some good snacks for the ride back. ;)

Keith_Thode
Keith_Thode

The deli alone is worth the trip

5 Posted on 01 / 22 / 2009

This is as good a health food store as you could want, but the hot and cold deli foods and the baked goods are.....well, I'm salivating just writing about them. When traveling from Detroit to the northwest, I always make sure that I'm driving through Minneapolis during business hours, so that I can stop here to pick up some food for the road after eating the Ecopolitan.

_cupcake
_cupcake

Great selection.

5 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2008

I love the Wedge, its by far my favorite grocery store to shop at. They have a good selection of non-geletin organic yogurts.. and also soy yogurt. Everything is laid out nicely, and they have a nice frozen section as well.

Pros: great quality produce, many veg brands, lots of organic candy
Cons: a little expensive, parking

Ramjet
Ramjet

Wow...what great produce!

5 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2008

The Wedge is a Co-op that is doing it right. Their produce is top-notch. The store is very nicely laid out with super wide isles. The staff all seemed very helpful and supportive. They also seemed to really like their work enviroment which says alot. We were pleasantly surprised to see they have a inscense section that was very well stocked.

Pros: Superb Produce, Great staff, Nice parking
condekedar
condekedar

Awesome

4 Posted on 11 / 03 / 2007

The Wedge is a happening place with a great selection of frozen and unfrozen vegan foods, along with eco-conscioius products for the home. They also have a cafe and food bar with numerous vegan sandwiches, hot entrees, desserts and drinks. Prices on the prepared food were reasonable, though not cheap. My only grip is that the food area is not 100% vegetarian. In the end, though, this is a great community gathering spot with great foods and products for conscientious consumers.

Pros: Diverse choices, Food bar, Community feel
Cons: Not 100% vegetarian, Slightly expensive at times

Dear Owner and Manager of The Wedge Community Food Co-op: