Re-opened in 2015 under change of management. Health food restaurant offering vegan and raw food options with a range of fresh salads plus sprali courgettes, house-made burgers, natural soft drinks, organic smoothies, and raw desserts. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Pizza, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Spanish

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by AnAnaN
Ch1ckpea
Ch1ckpea

A lovely place, highly recommend it

Posted on 08 / 31 / 2015

Being new to Malaga and surrounding areas we were keen to experience what vegan options were available. There are two vegan restaurants listed on Happy Cow and we ate at them consecutively. It was a bonus that the husband of the couple running it speaks English and took us through the menu in great detail and with heartfelt passion. The food was delicious and my only criticism is that there could have been a few more chips on the side of my burger. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for the food, location and lovely owners.

Pros: Nice mix of cooked and raw, Spoke English, Nice ambience
Cons: Portions a bit small
Jussy0784
Jussy0784

El mejor de Málaga

Posted on 07 / 29 / 2015

Me encanta, todo está buenísimo!

Borcher
Borcher

How Lovely is that!

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2015

This place is amazing. A warm-hearted couple took over this place a few months ago. All Vegan & mostly raw.
We went there twice and had salats, juices, the wok dish and we also tried out some of the sweets.
When they heard that my husban has birthday, they came out with a piece of raw cocolate cake with a candle in.
How lovely is that!!!

We wish them the best of luck with this place

sXe_22
sXe_22

A Must-Go

Posted on 05 / 20 / 2015

Nevermind the old reviews as they refer to the previous management... actually no, consider them for the excellent ratings and transfer them to the work the new owners are doing. Besides being super friendly, these two guys are very knowledgeable about how to prepare and serve food. You can taste their passion in every plate, especially because they do almost everything themselves: cheese for the nachos, mayo, ketchup, drinks...
The environment is also very nice and relaxing, ideal to chill from a hot Andalusian day.
It is like 5 minutes from the airport, so you have no excuses not to go and try it! Even because it is worth more that a simple visit.

JonJon
JonJon

Amazing food and place

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2013

This is the vegan place of Torremolinos.
Excellent food for very reasonable prices, and with a lots of raw options. The pizzas are delicious with their fine paste. The vegan cheese used is perfect, as well as vegan meat. The burgers and sandwiches are also very well balanced and rich.
The general ambience of the restaurant is very nice, close to the beach. Highly recommendable place.

Pros: lovely food (including raw), nice place and location, very affordable
Cons: one beverage with honey on drink card
AnAnaN
AnAnaN

I love this place!

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2013

This place is amazing. It is close to the beach, there are comfortable lounge seatings outside (or regular tables or bar seats if prefered). The atmosphere is relaxing with great classic rock music.
I love the food. It is not expensive at all though it tastes great and you get a lot for your buck. The pizza's are great, the burger costs about 5 euros and it tasted so close to a 'real' hamburger with lovely soy-mayonaise and tomato-sauce and it is BIG, it was a whole meal for me. The tapas are really inventive such as small tomatoes filled with a spinach-pesto topped with soy mayonaise and a lovely melon/cucumber salad.

Raw-veggies: you can't skip this place since the cook is also a raw-foodie so he absolutely knows what he is doing and a lot of plates are raw yet amazing.

The staff is very nice, though one of them (I think she is the owner) does not speak much English. The menu is in English though - don't be put off by that menu mentioning 'hamburger'/'yoghurt'/'ham' etc, these are all plant-based versions. The cook speaks English very well and came out to chat with us because it wasn't busy. We had a very inspiring talk about veganism and food.

Do stop by if you are in the area, I went there three times since I was in Torremolinos twice during my trip through Spain!

Pros: Amazing food, Good ambiance and decor, Very affordable
  • JonJon JonJon

I totally agree! It's a very nice place to eat vegan raw or junk (but healthy) food in Torremolinos. Highly recommended!

Dear Owner and Manager of The Wala Room: