The Veggie Table

A market stall trading at Borough Market on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. They are situated in the area between Bedale Street and Southwark cathedral. Everything is vegan except for one item which has cheese and one of the sauces - please inquire. You can get burgers in a green leaf (£4.00) or in a bun (£5.00; with salad for £7.00) or inside a box (£6.00). Also serves salads (half for £3.00 or full £4.50). Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Delivery

First Review by bencamps
rosie
rosie

Didn't live up to expectations

3 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2014

Wasn't that impressed myself. Queued ages to be sold a slightly tasteless vegan burger wrapped in lettuce by a rather offhand bloke. I'm not a big fan of quinoa and that seemed to be the main taste. Seemed a bit pricey but then the whole of borough market is..,

Pros: It's the only vegan stall around
Cons: Fairly tasteless burger , Offhand staff
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

Good find in Borough Market

4 Posted on 12 / 29 / 2013

Choice of two patties: halloumi and vegan. Choice of bun or cabbage leaf and/or two salads. Choice of three toppings, but hummus costs 50p more. “We make it easier for you to eat less meat, or none at all.” “We use local, seasonal vegetables and organic grains, nuts and pulses…don’t use tofu, quorn, manufactured soya proteins or ‘fake meat’ products.”
I had the vegan pattie, no bun, on two salads, for £6.50.

Thur 11-4, Fri 11-6, Sat 9-4. Also at Broadway Market Sat. 9-5 (also The Kitchen Table café in Mumbles, Wales, thekitchentablecafe.co.uk).

imogenmichel
imogenmichel

Fantastic takeaway lunch for the train

4 Posted on 09 / 16 / 2013

I was in London Bridge waiting for a train this weekend, so I picked up a quick takeaway lunch at The Veggie Table to eat on the journey. It wasn't the easiest place to find inside the Borough Market, and was rather unfortunately surrounded by other stalls serving meat and fish, so the smell there was somewhat off-putting. However, the food was great (I had the vegan burger and half a box of salad) and very good value for central London. It was a really nice and convenient place to find to get some quick and easy takeaway food, and the person who served me was really lovely, friendly and helpful.

Pros: Good value, Great takeaway food, Friendly, helpful staff
Cons: Strong meat smell from surrounding area
OneNightStanzas
OneNightStanzas

Pun-tastic and delicious

5 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2013

I headed here to grab lunch on a super busy Friday afternoon at the market... the stall was EXTREMELY crowded but our order was taken and processed with lightning speed! The staff didn't even seem flustered -- just very efficient indeed! They were also friendly and had great tattoos... bonus!

I ordered the Super Vegan burger (I think it's called) which had quinoa in it! Hooray! It came in a really nice crusty bun and there was a choice of toppings (red onion marmelade, hummus, etc). One topping's free but you can add more for 50p, which is a cool idea. The burger was DELICIOUS. Really filling and super flavoursome. Also not in any way greasy or fatty as burgers can sometimes be. I was really happy I'd hunted the stall out and braved the queue, and I'd definitely go back. Five happy Happycows for sure!

Pros: Tasty, filling food, not greasy at all, Good value for money, Cheery, cool and efficient staff
Cons: Big queue, but it moves really fast!, No cons really, it's great
bencamps
bencamps

Yum yum!

5 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2013

The other week I had the 'organic superveg' burger for lunch when passing the area and can report that it was great! It's a homemade quinoa based burger with lots of flavour. I had it with red onion jam, there was also a tomato salsa or hummous as sauces. They also do a halloumi based burger (the only non-vegan thing they do), fresh salads, soups and curries. If you find yourself nearby on the days that Borough Market is open The Veggie Table is well worth a visit!!

Dear Owner and Manager of The Veggie Table: