The Veggie Grill - Westwood

Casual vegan cafe chain with many locations. Offers a variety of veggie burgers and sandwiches, hot plates, plus salads, sweet potato fries, kids menu, cookies, and daily soup. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Catering
10916 Lindbrook Dr (Westwood Village)
West Los Angeles, California 90024
310-209-6070

Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm

First Review by eric
Shanilee
Shanilee

Great Casual Place!

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2015

I didn't have high expectations since it is a chain, but I was pleasantly surprised! The fried cauliflower is crispy (even to go), and highly addictive. The carrot cake is also amazing! Super convenient too, love this place!

corinal
corinal

In danger of over eating due to excitement

Posted on 04 / 14 / 2015

We got so excited about the menu that we way over ate. The mac and cheese is so good we were licking the bowl. It has that fake cheese taste that I crave. The fried cauliflower came with a tasty sweet and sour sauce, the buffalo wings were intense, the chicken noodle soup and thai chicken salad were ok. The desserts were amazing; we loved the carrot cake and strawberry rhubarb parfait. Even though it was a fast food place, it was a nice location to sit with our group of friends and talk.

Pros: Huge selection, Great food, Good service
Cons: Looks like a fast food place
Mazza
Mazza

Yummie

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2014

This place is ace! I only ate there once as I was visiting from the UK and had other veggie restaurants to try out in LA but this really was one of the best. I had 'tempeh plate' - tempeh with caramelized onions, bbq sauce, coleslaw and fries (choice of fries or super grains) - it was delicious with great flavours; I like that you can have fries or you can have a healthier option. They do burgers and 'bowls', e.g. Bombay Bowl, soups and salads (interesting ones)and 'homestyle plates' so quite a variety. The staff are really nice. There is outdoor seating as well as a big indoor area. And it's not at all pricey.

Pros: Tasty, Healthier than other fast food, Inexpensive

brandalock
brandalock

Solid Vegan Fast Food

Posted on 05 / 21 / 2014

I love veggie grill. Whenever I am in the mood for the all American fast food feel I go here. I miss their Cobb salad and wish they would bring it back though! You can't go wrong with any of their sandwiches and sides.

Extremely casual, almost fast food ambient feel, but always clean. The prices are higher than a regular fast food restaurant though, but not expensive. Your looking at an average of $12 a meal.

Parking is a bit tricky at this location, but if you circle the block a couple times and have a little patience you will find something.

A very solid experience every time I go. Highly recommend for lunch.

Pros: Food, Clean, Reliable
Cons: Parking
samlove0134
samlove0134

Veggie Grill from a UCLA student's perspective

Posted on 03 / 20 / 2014

Absolutely the best! There are two vegan restaurants in Westwood, Veggie Grill and Native Foods. While both are delicious, Veggie Grill has more options in its menu. Their Sweetheart Fries and Cauliflower mashed potatoes are the best sides, and the Crispy Chickin' Plate is my favorite dish, and try the pomegranate green tea drink. Service is always great.

Pros: Great food, Good service, Spacious and clean vibe
Naan Cee
Naan Cee

thurs lentil soup

Posted on 02 / 10 / 2013

For me veggie grill is about the lentil soup on thurs! I stock up so I have soup for the week. I also enjoy the kale salad and the cauilflower mash. I went a few days after their grand opening and it did not disappoint! My only complaint is about parking on Westwood Village but I guess its not the restaurants fault.

Pros: tasty food
Cons: terrible parking
Chia
Chia

New Design Same Yummy Food

Posted on 01 / 07 / 2013

I saw this place added to happycow and was excited to give it a try. Here's my Veggie Grill Westwood Village review.

I've eaten and reviewed other Veggie Grills in the greater LA area. This one is brand new and has a new look. It's more posh with modern artistic light fixtures hanging, plush red wall installation, plus some soft bench seating with padded backs. The feel is more restaurant than cafe, though it's still the same concept: order your food at the counter, get a number, and a server will bring your food to your table.

What I like most about the Veggie Grill is that the food quality and taste is consistent. If you like a particular dish, you can expect to return or go to any of their branches, order the that dish and get the same great taste. It's quite an achievement on their part, and this ability is also one of the major reasons the Veggie Grill is successful in my opinion.

If you haven't tried the Veggie Grill, go!

eric
eric

Swank new location!

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2013

There could never be too many "Veggie Grills"...
so excited to see yet another open only a few miles away from the Santa Monica location. I don't make it to this area often, but had to try it since they just opened. This one has their new, very hip decor. I had a Bali burger with sides of sweet potato fries and a side of mac & cheese, and my friend one of their plates: Crispy chicken plate- with mashed potatoes & kale. The food was as good and consistent as ever. I love their mac & cheese, worth getting if you haven't ever had it. Yummm!

Pros: Nice decor, Same Great Food

Dear Owner and Manager of The Veggie Grill - Westwood: