The Veggie Grill - West...

Vegan fast food cafe chain restaurant offering a variety of veggie burgers and sandwiches, hot plates, plus salads, sweet potato fries, kids menu, and desserts. Underground parking lot with validation. This is their 4th cafe. In the same shopping Plaza as Trader Joe's. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering

First Review by Sonja and Dirk
StacyOwens
StacyOwens

Some of the best vegan eats around

5 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2014

Thanks Veggie Grill!

Pros: Prices are excellent, Awesome country style recipes, Always clean and quick service
tina x
tina x

Nice Enough Food

4 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2014

We go here quite a bit. Cool, laid-back staff. Food is good, but not always flavorful enough. Their onion rings are so-so, and really standard. The chili was super-boring. Their sweet potato fries are really good, and not too oily. Fair prices.
Updated from previous review on Thursday June 12, 2014

Pros: Validated parking for an hour, nice staff
Cons: Food is sometimes bland
nstrawbr
nstrawbr

Veggie Grill Is Our Fav!!!!!

5 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2014

We have been to this location a few times as well as a couple of others. The food is awesome and the iced teas/lemonades are just as awesome. The staff are really friendly. It is good value for money also. I would defintely recommend Veggie Grill to anyone

Pros: Awesome Food, Good Selection, Friendly Staff

brandalock
brandalock

My Favorite Veggie Grill Location

5 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2014

This is my favorite Veggie Grill chain location. It is the cleanest, the coziest, and the most convenient with parking.

The outdoor space is super quaint and well designed. I would recommend eating outside if weather permits when you go.

The Fast-food-Americana style food is always good, consistent, and reliable. You can't go wrong with any of their sandwiches and sides. The prices are a bit higher than a regular fast food restaurant though, but not expensive. Your looking at an average of $12 a meal.

There is a parking garage for the shopping complex this Veggie Grill is located in and the parking is free with validation from Veggie Grill.

A very solid and cozy experience every time I go. Highly recommend for lunch.

Pros: Well Designed, Clean, Food
Jimforever
Jimforever

Great place

5 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2014

Veggie Grill do a fantastic range of vegan meals and snacks. My favourite so far is the chilli bowl, really wholesome and great value. Ate here several in 2011 and 2012 and this venue also has the advantage of a cosy outdoor seating area away from the noise of street. Diverse menu of wholesome veggie items - featuring comfort foods such as mac n cheese, healthy salads, and faux meats for those who like that kind of thing. This ensures they have wide appeal and seems to have created a winning formula for a veggie restaurant chain given their ongoing west coast expansion. More fast food though than a place for a relaxing romantic dinner!

Pros: Choice of food, All vegan, Value for money
Cons: Fast food environment
Chia
Chia

Yummy

5 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow when it first opened, and here's my The Veggie Grill review.

I've dined at a handful of other Veggie Grill locations in Southern California and have tried almost all the menu items. This is their fourth location.

The menu is the same as the others, and the decor and color scheme, furniture, are all very similar / streamlined.

The food is tasty. One time here, my friend and I shared the American Stack burger (marinated faux meat slices, fried onion rings, and toppings between buns), the Santa Fe chicken sandwich (battered fried faux chicken and toppings between buns), sweet potato fries with a creamy dressing, and the kale salad. We also got a cookie and lemonade. Everything was vegan and delicious.

Guest

The All-American Stack is Awesome!!!!!

5 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2012

I love this place! The All Hale Kale Salad and Santa Fe Crispy Chicken Sandwich are amazing, the burgers are both great, and the delicious All-American Stack will convince even the most carnivorous diner that vegetarians aren't out of their minds. They also have the most tart and refreshing strawberry lemonade I've ever had.
Updated from previous review on Sunday May 06, 2012

Pros: Delicious Food, Friendly Service, Great Atmosphere
Fritz
Fritz

Fried Chik'n Plate Was Quite Good, But....

2 Posted on 04 / 19 / 2012

We have eaten here a few times, but probably won't be going back much anymore. My partner and I tried the new Fried Chik'n Plate for lunch today, and I was generally quite impressed by it: the chik'n tasted great and had a nice, crispy batter; the cauliflower mashed potatoes and gravy were fabulous; but the kale was not hot. My partner's impression was much less favorable: he said the food was okay, but could use more salt. On past visits, the food was sometimes quite good, but other times just okay and not hot. Last time, my mac & cheese was lukewarm.

We have never liked the fact that the tables are so close together. Fortunately, we've always been able to have an empty table between us and other patrons, but today in order to have this minimal amount of privacy, we had to move dirty plates, utensils, etc. from a table that had not been cleaned. When the table next to us (to which we had moved the used plates, etc.) was finally attended to, the server only partially cleaned it, leaving a glass and a bottle of ketchup there.

Although on most of our previous visits the service has been cordial and fairly efficient, today the server was merely efficient: when she brought out our food, she did not bother to greet us. Without even smiling, she just asked who had which plate.

So, although I would enjoy having the Crispy Chik'n Plate again, I don't think we'll be returning any time soon.

Pros: delicious Crispy Chik'n Plate, nice, clean bathroom, some staff are cordial
Cons: sometimes food is lukewarm, tables are close together, server was not cordial
veggieeddie
veggieeddie

Can't Wait to Go Back!

5 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2010

The Kale Salad was the Best salad I've ever had and the
Sweet Potato fries were awesome! This is surely one restaurant to check out.

Pros: Mmmmmm!, Delicious
Tigra220
Tigra220

Yumilicious vegan comfort food!

5 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2010

Upon arrival in L.A. The Veggie Grill was my very 1st stop. I got the All-American Stack, a HUGE & messy vegan burger topped with onion rings, lettuce, pickles, & thousand island dressing. Sinful! Their fries are sweet potato fries (of which I am not a fan). But if you are, then you'd probably love them. The Chill Out Wings are a sauceless version of chicken tenders which are served with BBQ sauce. They were very good! If I had one wish it'd be that they offered a vegan honey mustard sauce as well. (I'm a huge sauce fan!) On a different day I returned for the Santa Fe Crispy Chickin' & got it as a wrap. It was a delicious combination of crispy, cool, & spicy. The strawberry lemonade is perfectly refreshing & a must try! And the carrot cake?? DELICIOUS! Amongst the best I've ever had! The cream "cheese" icing is a flawless vegan version. Simply perfect. The chocolate chip cookie is also good. It's pre-packaged & ready to go. If you are in L.A. & not afraid of calories (they actually have lighter & lower-fat options though), then Veggie Grill is a must try! And don't forget to ask them to validate your ticket if you park in the parking garage.

Pros: They validate your parking tkt, Large portions, Spacious & clean dining room area
Colinski
Colinski

True genius

5 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2010

Seriously. Veggie Grill is amazing. I have taken a number of omnivores here and they have all loved it. I have never had anything here that wasn't good, but I particularly love the V-burger and the chop-chop chef salad. Also, amazing mac & cheese! I am drooling now.

Pros: Delicious, Convenient
ditillio
ditillio

Very tasty!

5 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2010

I have been to the Veggie Grill several times now with my husband. We can't stop raving about the taste of the food here. Between the two of us, we've had every sandwich on the menu and haven't had a complaint about a single one. The sweet potato fries are my favorite. I wish they would open up in Studio City. Then I'd be able to walk over when ever I needed a tasty veggie sandwich fix.
The staff is always very friendly, polite and helpful too.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff
Cons: No locations in the valley

LOVE IT HERE

5 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2010

I eat at Veggie Grill at least once a week. The decor is not much, but I love the Bali salad, the portobello burger and the chili! If you haven't been yet, go!
PS they also have delicious root beer!

Pros: FOOD
Cons: decor
samanthamuffin
samanthamuffin

Fast Food with a vegan twist

3 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2010

I went to the Veggie Grill very hopeful and optimistic. The staff was super friendly. I ordered the Santa Fe Crispy Chickin' with the sweetheart fries. The food came out a lot quicker than I expected. I personally thought that the sandwich was overspiced (and I don't mind spicy). Something just was a little off. The fries weren't worth all the hype. I think they were topped with vegan parm, which I'm not really crazy about. I loved the vegan chipotle ranch, though.

All in all, it was good, but I wouldn't call it memorable. The food would be worth it if you were super hungry and wanted a vegan meal quick.

Pros: Quick, Nice Staff, Validate parking
Cons: Pricey for what you get
ronitw
ronitw

Great New Vegan Place!

5 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2010

Checked it out for the first time today and will be back. Loved the Portobello sandwich, the sweet potato fries (no dipping sauce necessary) and the mixed green salad. Fat Tire beer in a cool glass was a nice addition. Parking is convenient and they validate!

Pros: Tasty
veggiefox
veggiefox

very good stuff

4 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2010

After reading the other Veggie Cow reviews, I had to try them out. I think it's a bit over-reated, but pretty good, nonetheless.

Their sweet potato fries with dipping sauce are great. (It's the sauce more than the fries themselves.) Their All-American Stack is pretty decent, but nothing to write home about.

chobesoy
chobesoy
  • herbivore

great post show spot!

4 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2010

We found this place out by accident coming out of a comedy show on sunset and I was so glad to see them open at that hour. It was the perfect light fare for a late hour meal! Some friends were disappointed with the desserts though - very small for the amount paid (tiny amount of pudding) Had a portobello burger and the kale salad and as others know, it's awesome when non-veggies enjoy their meal too. This place turned my friend onto kale :) And that, is reason enough to write a thumbs up here!

Pros: fresh, tasty, original dishes
Cons: smidge pricey
  • chobesoy chobesoy

responding to myself...! Just wanted to add that I have gone back here and tried other items, all excellent. I wish I could eat here everyday, if only my wallet allowed it. Fresh, DELICIOUS, healthy, and with validated parking ;) They held a fundraiser for Animal Acres so I was happy to support them!

alyssa
alyssa

This Restaurant Can Turn a Carnivore!

5 Posted on 02 / 09 / 2010

My husband and I have been coming to The Veggie Grill since they opened and have loved every meal. Their All Hail Kale Salad and their Chipotle BBQ Sandwich are probably my favorite dishes. My husband goes crazy for their Santa Fe Crispy Chickin' Sandwich and their new nachos. We recently ordered a double order of All Hail Kale Salad and a Carrot Cake for our Superbowl party and the staff really outdid themselves. The salad was beautifully displayed on a large, reusable platter and the cake was a huge, double-layered beauty with fresh walnuts on the side and real carrots grated on top. Our carnivore friends ate every bit of the salad, commenting on the yummy ginger-papaya vinaigrette, and devoured the cake, some guests even having 2 slices. The best part was that all that food only cost $56.00! Great bargain and even better food. Oh, and if you fill out a comment card, you get a free entrée on your birthday. These folks know how to keep customers coming back!

Pros: fantastic food, great prices, next to Trader Joe's
Cons: not in the Valley yet, delivery costs are prohibitive
adamtarshis
adamtarshis

deeeeelicious

5 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2010

My mom always complains when I take her to vegetarian restaurants - its mostly psychological with her - preconceived notions that the food will be bad or boring so she never gives it a chance. So I took her to VeggieGrill - by far my favorite vegetarian restaurant in LA - and didnt tell her that the "chicken" wasnt chicken.

When she was finished her sandwich I asked her how the chicken was and she said it was delicious. Parents - what can you do.

Everything is great here - especially the All American Stack. I also think the pudding is great.

Pros: excellent food, fast service
brentonagony
brentonagony

Awesome..

5 Posted on 12 / 05 / 2009

I have been in LA for 5 days and I have had Veggie Grill 4 of these days. The "soy" chicken style burger is amazing & the stack is good after a night on the town.

I wish we had one in Australia!

Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Yummy!!!

5 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2009

We checked out this new location today for lunch. It's so much closer to us now than the El Segundo location (and across the street from Dirk's marital arts studio, so I foresee more trips in the near future). Yay! It's the same menu and sleek modern decor (very IKEA). The inside space flows nicely and there's tables outside in the courtyard too. The staff were super friendly and helpful. The food came out SO quickly too. They checked on us multiple times even though it's an order at the counter type place.

We started with the chill out wings before proceeding to the All American Stack burger and the Chipotle BBQ burger with sides of sweet potato fries and chili, respectively. And we had carrot cake to top it off. They have three different iced teas and they were all tasty. We definitely left feeling very gluttonous, but it was all yummy! It made our trip afterwards to the Trader Joe's next door a quick one since we were so full! ;-p

Pros: yummy vegan fast food, friendly staff, finally in WeHo!!!

Dear Owner and Manager of The Veggie Grill - West Hollywood: