Casual all-vegan cafe chain originating from Southern California. Offers a variety of veggie burgers and sandwiches, plus salads, sweet potato fries, main plates, kids menu, and desserts. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Catering

logdog1979
logdog1979

Good!

5 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2014

We went to this Veggie Grill last weekend. Apart from the lack of parking and huge crowd of people surround it was very good. I got the yummy tea of course - I mixed three together and we shared the great asparagus soup. For the main course we both loved the Santa Fe Crispy Chickin' burger w/ sweet potato fries -- so good and VERY filling! I really liked this location, lots of space and friendly service.

Pros: Big Menu, Ice Tea!!!, atmosphere
PeaceLoveVeggies
PeaceLoveVeggies

It was ok

3 Posted on 03 / 31 / 2014

Went to this place on a Friday night around 7pm.... the parking lot is huge but it was packed. After we finally found parking a block away, we got in there and the restaurant was pretty busy too. I felt like the menu was pretty small compared to what I was expecting. Most of it was salads. But there are some burgers and entrées, and my fiancé and I were able to find something we wanted to try. I got a fried "chiggen" patty with mashed potatoes+cauliflower and mushroom gravy, and he got a black bean burger and fries. I really liked my mashed potatoes and gravy, it was very good. The fried "chiggen" however was not good at all. I don't know if they make it themselves or if they have a brand of fake meat they use, but it was only tolerable for the first few bites. I've had much better fake meat products even just store bought frozen. My fiancé enjoyed his French fries a lot, and he said that his black bean burger was okay. I tried a bite, and I think the problem was that it was too dry.
Overall, everything was okay. If we are in the area and starving with no other options we might stop through again.

I like the idea they are going for here of a vegan diner-type chain restaurant, but I think if they are really going to have success in expanding on a bigger level, The Veggie Grill needs to make their menu have more options, including many more Omni-friendly options (still all vegan, but things that Omnis would like - they are actually put off more by fake meats and cheeses for example. Most don't tend to like them).

veganinseattle
veganinseattle

Great Vegan Fast Food

4 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2013

I've come to this location of Veggie Grill about 6 or more times often with friends or out of town guests.

I've seen the complaints about the prices but I don't agree. It has a clean, modern setting. They use high quality ingredients. The food is very good. The service is amazing. After paying for our order at the counter, it takes usually less than 10 minutes for the food to come to the table.

I would say that they could add to their drink selection - you can't order coffee or tea. They could upgrade their dessert offerings but the carrot cake is a winner - best cream cheese frosting ever. But these are minor issues. I'm happy to recommend Veggie Grill at U Village or at South Lake Union.

Pros: Extensive menu, 100% vegan, Super fast service
Cons: Limited drink selection, Parking in busy mall

SummerMorgan
SummerMorgan

Great Vegan Resturant

3 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2013

Nice selection of vegan food and my toddler loves the chocolate pudding =)

Pros: location, Service
Cons: Price
vegan frog
vegan frog

Good standby and great location

3 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2013

Would love to give a higher rating since it is an all vegan restaurant but the truth is it was not great this time. The other Seattle downtown location was better.
Maybe it's because it was a rush hour Saturday lunch but the food did not arrive at our table piping hot.
The food was still prepared fast. The table had not been cleaned thoroughly.
We got the crab cake burger and the Bali Bliss burger. Both were good, the bread would have been better slightly toasted. The place was crowded with shoppers so probably not many of them vegan, and many that's why there is no special effort on the food? Anyway, the location is great and as this is a new location, maybe they are experiencing some growing pains. We will still go back if we ever go back to that mall.

Pros: All vegan & tons of choice, Fast food, Great location
Cons: Food not hot enough
Miso Vegan
Miso Vegan

It's ok

3 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2013

It's nice to have vegan options when I'm in the U Village, but it's pricey and the food is ok (not great, but edible).

Pros: location, friendly, vegan
Cons: expensive, so-so food

Dear Owner and Manager of The Veggie Grill - University Village: