The Veggie Grill - Torrance

Casual all-vegan cafe chain with locations in Southern California. Offers a variety of burgers and sandwiches, plus plates and salads, sweet potato fries, kids menu, and desserts. This is the 6th Veggie Grill cafe, opened Mar 2011. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out
2533 Pacific Coast Highway (next to AMC theatre)
Torrance, California 90505

kat_436
kat_436

McDonald's of vegan food

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2014

I'm conflicted about veggie grill. All the food I've had here except the French fries are really yummy. But if you check out the amount of sodium they are using in the vast majority of their food - not sure they can really claim it as healthy - it's healthier than McDs for sure. I eat here very sparingly because of this and when I am craving not healthy food. Now for French fries - multiple times ordered them "extra crispy", each time I get 1/3 adequately cooked, 1/3 soggy and limp, 1/3 under cooked. No idea how they manage that combo.

Pros: Yummy vegan healthier junk food, Good service, Convinient
Cons: Massive amounts of sodium, Can't cook fries properly
calivegan46
calivegan46

Delicious!

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2013

I come here all the time because everything is great! The menu gets updated every so often so its nice to have something new to try. My favorite is the All Hail Kale and sweet potato fries. Veggie Grill is also appealing to omnivores which shows how great it is. The staff are very helpful/friendly and the restaurant itself is very nice. Great place to grab a healthy lunch!

DaniM
DaniM

Simple amazing!

Posted on 03 / 26 / 2013

Unbelievable amazing tasting food!!!! You won't believe that it's no meat! No kidding! Try it and love it!

Chia
Chia

Delicious and Great Space

Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my The Veggie Grill review.

Came here for lunch during their grand opening weekend, March 2011, and have since dined at a few of their other locations in the So.Cal area. This is the 6th Veggie Grill location.

I particularly like the space here in Torrance. It's located in a large shopping plaza (there's Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, AMC movies, lots of other restaurants and stores). So parking is easy. And the outdoor patio is huge. The overall design of the space is in-line with all the other Veggie Grill restaurants.

I've had just about everything on the menu already except for the Portabello mushroom burger, so that's what I got. Plus a side of kale salad (lightly steamed with a miso ginger tasting dressing). The burger was so yummy, and I was really hungry, too. I also had a bowl of the soup of the day which was veggie chicken noodle soup. Served nice and hot with 2 pieces of seasoned crackers, it was so delicious, too.

My husband had his usual favorite - the Santa Fe chickn burger (battered fried pattie) with a side of quino + green salad. We shared the battered fried chickn fingers served with ketchup and ranch dressing. YUM!

The Veggie Grill concept is a hit. Consistent good food and streamlined decor and menu. Highly recommended when in the area.

Pros: streamline concept, delicious, good service
shush
shush

Nice for a healthy supper

Posted on 09 / 13 / 2011

I went there in August 2011 and was surprise to see that veggie burgers can be so delicious. The Chipotle was my favorite. I ended up going there twice. Although the burgers are a bit pricy, it was a nice meal. Will definitely recommend.

Dear Owner and Manager of The Veggie Grill - Torrance: