The Veggie Grill - South La...

Casual all-vegan cafe chain originating from Southern California. Offers a variety of veggie burgers and sandwiches, main plates, plus salads, sweet potato fries, kids menu, and desserts. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Catering
446 Terry Ave N (South Lake Union area)
Seattle, Washington 98109
206-623-0336
Closed now

Mon-Fri 10:30am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Shell25328
kindlizard
kindlizard

fast food by super nice folks

Posted on 11 / 26 / 2014

The staff here has always been eager to help.

The food is mostly ok. It isn't the way I eat per se but its generally edible and fun. They have a fountain drink and so forth.

While I wouldn't seek it out, I would stop there in that area which isn't a veg mecca.

always very clean

They have allergy menus, inc a garlic-free menu.
Updated from previous review on Saturday July 19, 2014
When we were there they said they made all their protein dishes. They do not! They are heating up Gardein products. So be advised if you don't eat that way.

Pros: staff, allergy info menus, fountain drink
Cons: food is just ok, gardein
VegNYC
VegNYC

Great option for a quick bite

Posted on 09 / 02 / 2014

An extensive menu and everything we got tasted very good. If this was in NYC I would eat here all the time. Very convenient and fast.

Miso Vegan
Miso Vegan

It's ok

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2013

It's nice to have vegan options when I'm in the SLU area, but it's pricey and the food is ok (not great, but edible).

Pros: location, friendly, vegan
Cons: expensive, so-so food

cookiemonster
cookiemonster

Yummy food, good price, super friendly staff!

Posted on 11 / 02 / 2012

We hit Seattle with our eyes on vegan donuts from Mighty-O and realized that we couldn't survive on sugar alone. We chose Veggie Grill for supper knowing that vegetarian diners can be hit or miss - this was a definite hit!

The guy that helped us was so kind, welcoming, and friendly. I think they have a policy to be especially welcoming to first-timers (and they bus your table) but he really went over the top. It made me happy I had come and want to come back.

The food was great, especially the chilli, the soup, and the onion rings. The chilli was really stellar. We also got a b-wing salad and it was absolutely excellent! The burger we got was actually the least exciting thing. It was good, but not special. We wished we had ordered more appetizers instead :)

Lastly, it's worth trying out their homemade lemonade and strawberry lemonade. YUM!

Highly recommended and the prices are great. Will definitely go back the next time I am in Seattle.

Pros: Friendly staff, Delicious food, Good prices
Cons: Burgers are just ok
vegan frog
vegan frog

Worth checking out

Posted on 09 / 12 / 2012

So Veggie Grill is not the most amazing vegan restaurant out there, or in Seattle but it has a good menu, great fast food, is clean and organised. And it has kale on most items. What else to get!!
We stopped there on the way to Portland. First time we had Hail to the Kale salad, Bali bliss burger, with a side of mac'n'cheese, onion rings and it was all delicious.
Second time, we had the All American stack and the v-burger. Didn't like the texture of the "beef", it was a bit too authentic but it was still ok. The chipotle sauce is delicious!
Didn't get to try the carrot cake but it will be for next time.
The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the items on the menu. Will definitely go back.

Pros: fast / great service, clean , all vegan
Shell25328
Shell25328

Super Yummy

Posted on 09 / 07 / 2012

I fell in love with the Veggie Grill in Portland and was thrilled they made it to Seattle! Hands down the best chickn buffalo wings I have tasted. The fried chickn plate is a win, as well as the carrot cake. They also had someone come around offering sauces free of charge- try the chipotle ranch :) Love the Veggie Grill!
Updated from previous review on Friday September 07, 2012

Pros: Buffalo Wings, Carrot Cake, Price

Dear Owner and Manager of The Veggie Grill - South Lake Union: