Casual all-vegan cafe chain originating from Southern California, this one opened Nov 2012. Offers a variety of veggie burgers and sandwiches, hot plates, salads, sweet potato fries, kids menu, and desserts. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering
3055 Olin Ave Unit 1030 (Santana Row)
San Jose, California 95128
408-296-6473

Open Sun-Thur 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-11pm.

First Review by tristan
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Consistently great

5 Posted on 08 / 11 / 2014

I've been to several locations in Southern California, but this was my first time at a location in a different region. Upon entering, I wouldn't know the difference. The d├ęcor, service and food are all consistently great at all locations I have been to. I arrived for an early lunch, so it was still fairly empty, but by the time I left, the place was hopping which I was pleased to see. I ordered an old favorite, the All American Stack sandwich, with Yukon fries and it hit the spot as always. I hope they continue to expand and bring vegan comfort food everywhere.

Pros: consistent across locations, vegan comfort food, friendly service
Sarashire
Sarashire

delicious

5 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2014

The food here is delicious! My husband is thoroughly enjoying his barbecued "steak" burger and Yukon fries. I am loving my Power Kale and Quinoa salad. I always want their yummy sweet potato fries.

Angelika
Angelika

Amazing

5 Posted on 02 / 26 / 2014

Veggie Grill is super. The food is awesome, the service is great and the restaurant is clean.
Try the Chicken Santa Fe with the cauliflower mashed potatoes on the side.
Wow...... Loved it.
My Hubby said " let's make this one of our favorites.

gr33n0rchid
gr33n0rchid

Yummy!

5 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2014

Everything is delicious. Love the Mac-n-cheese. Staff is always top notch. Worse I can say is the drink selection is a bit sparse. Oh...the warm cookie covered in chocolate goodness is a must try (if you still have room for dessert). My carnivore friends love the food.

Pros: Santana Row, Affordable, Friendly Staff
Cons: Drink Selection
Vegan Mom
Vegan Mom

Awesome!!

5 Posted on 10 / 22 / 2013

How great, as a vegan, to be able to go into a restaurant and order anything on the menu. On top of that, the food is excellent. It gets even better because the desserts are fabulous. We have gone a number of times and never been disappointed. You order at the counter then get a number and they bring you your food. They are very quick. Cauli-mashed potatoes are so good. Gravy is wonderful. Burgers, chickn-style, the sauces, ..all is really good. A number of people recommend the Buffalo Wings. Although we enjoyed them, we prefer the Chill Out Wings. Uptown Nachos are really good, too. They have fabulous teas and lemonade. Then...dessert. Wow. So delicious. Probably the best pudding II have ever tasted. So far, we have only tried the Chocolate Pudding Parfait. We are so full from the delicious meal. We split the Parfait. It was so good. I look forward to trying other desserts on future visits. They also have choices for on a children's menu. Just be aware, my daughter loves spicy food. She tried the chipotle ranch dressing on her salad. Although she liked it, her face turned red on her first bite because it was hotter than she expected. She still recommends it, just be aware it has quite a zip. We HIGHLY recommend Veggie Grill!

Pros: excellent food, nice variety, wonderful desserts
Cons: music can be too loud
JBC
JBC

Best casual vegan restaurant anywhere!

5 Posted on 09 / 20 / 2013

I LOVE Veggie Grill! Whenever I visited family in southern California I'd make them drive me into LA / Hollywood to have the Santa Fe Chicken Sandwich and the All Hail Kale salad. I was distraught that VG didn't have a location in San Francisco or Sonoma County. When I recently moved to south Bay, the fact that there was a Veggie Grill in San Jose actually influenced my choice of where to move to. I ended up choosing an apartment that's less than 5 miles from the San Jose location!

The food is delicious and the staff is very friendly. The only downside of this location is that it's in Santana Row, which is an upscale outdoor mall that's always crowded. There are both underground and above ground parking structures, but every time I've tried to park in one of them I've had to drive around for 15-20 minutes waiting for someone to pull out of a spot. Very frustrating. But once I'm able to actually get to Veggie Grill I'm happy again, because it's SO GOOD!

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly Staff
Cons: Hard to park
Bio-Beetle
Bio-Beetle

Fantastic

5 Posted on 06 / 20 / 2013

I've been here twice and it's fabulous. I plan on eating here every time I'm in San Jose, or wherever they are located.

I've had the buffalo wings, chill out wings, uptown nachos and crispy chichin' plate so far and look forward to trying more of the menu over the next 3 days. A vegan travelers delight - vegan comfort food.

Pros: food is fantastic, great service, lots of choices
Cons: None so far
respect4life
respect4life

Diner Style Vegan Fare

4 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2013

I have eaten here many times. It is a great place to take your omnivorous friends and family. The food is good but it is a chain and definitely has the feel of a chain-restaurant. The food is a vegan spin on classic American diner food. You pay at the front and the food is delivered to your table. The All Hail Kale salad and the Buffalo Wings are two things that I would recommend to anyone.

Pros: quick service, moderately priced
rwalker
rwalker

Just What I Was Looking For

5 Posted on 02 / 27 / 2013

After going vegan, I've been craving some of my old favorite flavors. They absolutely delivered!!!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday February 26, 2013

Pros: Great Food, Huge Menu, Very Friendly Staff
Cons: Very Fattening Food
tristan
tristan

Yay! San Jose gets a Veggie Grill!

5 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2012

I was so happy to see that we were getting an all-VEGAN chain restaurant right in the middle of San Jose. I was even more happy to see how busy they were. The staff were super-friendly, explaining to first time visitors the menu items, specials, and the fact the food was animal/trans-fat/cholesterol free, etc.

For as crowded as it was, I didn't have to wait long for a table. I love the variety of items on the menu--I almost couldn't decide! I ordered the All-American Stack with Sweetheart Fries w/ spicy Thousand Island Dressing. Yuuuum. I wish I'd ordered dessert to go, but now I have yet another reason to go back.

The decor is totally cute, bright, and modern, plus (proving the weather is suitable) there is also have outdoor seating.

Pretty good overall, pretty inexpensive, and great customer service! In addition to dine-in and take-out, they also offer catering too.

I will totally be patronizing Veggie Grill regularly.

Pros: Very Friendly Staff, Variety + Food served quickly, Good location

Dear Owner and Manager of The Veggie Grill: