The Veggie Grill - San Dieg...

Open Aug 2013 inside the Westfield UTC shopping plaza next to Macy's. Vegan fast food cafe chain restaurant offering a variety of original veggie burgers and sandwiches, hot plates, plus salads, sweet potato fries, kids menu, and desserts. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Catering, Take-out
4353 La Jolla Village Dr Unit H28 (Westfield UTC - University Towne Centre)
La Jolla, California 92112
858-458-0031
Closed now

Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm

First Review by Silent8176
Navegante
Navegante

LOVE this chain - wish they were in Utah too!

Posted on 06 / 18 / 2014

My family and I fell in love with Veggie Grill during our vacation to the Carlsbad area. I was glad to find this location, which was open late, for dinner one night. My wife and I had nachos, asian salad, and fries, and the kids got kids meals with chicken fingers. Everyone loved the food. The chicken fingers are the best vegan chicken strips I've ever tasted. The cheese here is good on nachos, but too rich for the mac-n-cheese IMO. Strawberry lemonade is SO good. You've got to try this place.

TIP - We downloaded the smartphone app before going and received a coupon for a free meal!

Pros: REALLY good vegan food, Open late, Playground right outside this location
philjdomm
philjdomm

Take Out Forgotton

Posted on 06 / 09 / 2014

They forgot my take out order and I had to ask for it after seeing others who ordered after me received theirs...

Happened to my partner before so we're demanding improvement and credits as I enjoy this place & want to return.

Pros: Location, Salads, Price
Cons: Lateness, Forgot Takeout Order, Lineup Sucks
Lanahexapod
Lanahexapod

wish there was one in my town

Posted on 05 / 20 / 2014

I loved eating at this place on my trip to San Diego! Even my omnivore parents enjoyed it. I wish I had gotten to try more things there because I'm sure it's all delicious. And I really wish there was one in my town, it'd be my go to restaurant :)

nardanddee
nardanddee

love, love, love

Posted on 04 / 04 / 2014

I don't think there is anything left to say...this place is awesome! During my week in San Diego I ate here no less than 4 times. The staff are friendly and the food is great! Aside from the cookies, which I get all every Veggie Grill I go to, I've never tried their desserts until now. The carrot cake was moist an delicious! This place has a convenient location with plenty of parking at the mall. I will definitely return.

Pros: lots of parking, good food, good variety
Cons: n/a
mslksdh
mslksdh

This Place Made Hubby VEGAN for our Vaca.

Posted on 03 / 10 / 2014

So hubby is not vegan and I am. So is our youngest. Hubby was so impressed with whatever he ordered here, he has agreed to go vegan for the rest of the trip if we eat here. No joke!

Pros: Wonderful Food, Kids Menu With Recognizable Options
claya
claya

glad I came!!

Posted on 02 / 06 / 2014

My God this place was so amazing!!! The food was delicious, I had fish tacos, onion rings and that chicken wrap! I want to try the Mac&cheese next! I love love the food here I'm just sad its pretty far from my home. It's located inside the Westfield la Jolla mall, friendly staff I can't wait to go back.

Guest
Guest

Glad I Supported a Chain...woah - did I say that??

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2013

I try and do my eating at Indy restaurants, but I had to try the Veggie Grill - because - well - it's all Vegan - and it is close to me in an area where there are very few walkable/bikeable Vegan (or even veg) places to eat. I was stoked. I ordered the 'All American Stack'(basically a vegan steak burger - yumm), and I'll tell you - it was a tough decision. There was a good half dozen items I wanted and another half dozen I would have been happy with. Rare for me to say. If you miss traditional American style comfort diner food - this place is for you. Steaks, Hotwings, Burgers - all Vegan. Mine was served with Onion Rings (so nice to get fried foods that in no way shared the oil with fish or chicken strips!).
My Steak was very good - moist and flavorful. No idea if it would fool a meat eater, but it made me very happy. My Sweetie had the Thai Chicken Salad - I stole a couple bites. Large, flavorful, vegan chicken, mandarin oranges, and some other delish stuff.
We both left happy and full. Didn't break the bank, and we both have our eye on a couple other items for when we go back. Service was typical friendly fast. Lots of folks but no trouble. I could see it being a madhouse in a school time lunch rush (in the UCSD University Town Center.
Good experience - good food - recommended - will definitely be going back as a regular.

Pros: Vegan - Comfort Food, Well Priced, Really Tasty
Cons: Chain Restaurant (a personal issue)
Silent8176
Silent8176

Santa Fe Crispy Chickin

Posted on 08 / 31 / 2013

First time here, decided to try the crispy chickin sandwich with fries because of the picture on the menu. Taste way better anything would buy at a fastfood place. The place was packed but I got my food quickly!

Dear Owner and Manager of The Veggie Grill - San Diego UTC: