The Veggie Grill - Irvine...

Vegan fast food cafe chain restaurant offering a variety of original veggie burgers and sandwiches, hot plates, plus salads, sweet potato fries, kids menu, and desserts. This is their 2nd cafe. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering
81 Fortune Dr (Orange County)
Irvine, California 92618
949-727-9900

Open Sun-Wed 11am-9pm, Thur-Sat 11am-10pm.

First Review by The Veggie Cook
EGM
EGM

horrible customer service; delicious food

2 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2013

The food was very good to excellent but customer service is a big part of any eating experience, and it was sorely lacking. I placed my order and the cashier clearly heard me because he repeated it as verification of my order. My mother then ordered her platter but for whatever reason, he then spoke in Spanish. My mother got her order while I waited for mine but to no avail. My mother then asked another worker what happened to my order, which she then denied was ever taken. Then she decided to provide me with my order without charging me. Sounds very nice on their part but it was more out of embarrassment than anything else. No remorse or apology was ever expressed. I then asked the cashier who took my order what happened to my order and he denied that I ever mentioned anything. He said he repeated the order 3x, which was clearly a lie. I never got angry because the cashier who took my order was obviously too stupid to understand. The management would do well to hire people who stick to one language rather than confuse themselves and thereby obfuscate what they or the customer initially said. An employee has the obligation to always provide the best service. Clearly customer service is an abysmal failure in this environment. Perhaps management needs to train their workers on how to better serve those that they're supposed to cater to.

Pros: food, ambience, noise level
Cons: customer service, dishonesty, lack of professionalism
mena
mena

WHAT ARE YOU DOING? GO! GO NOW!

5 Posted on 11 / 07 / 2012

A must when in LA.

Seriously yummy guys, even my omni father loved it.

GO! JUST GO!

Pros: awesome, yummy, amazing
Cons: not in Tucson, you will crave it, too good to be true
miss-mischief420
miss-mischief420

soy heavy

3 Posted on 09 / 27 / 2011

super soy heavy. what if you don't eat tofu or seitan? sigh. still good...

Pros: location, service, price
Cons: soy heavy, crowded, price
Gini
Gini

A vegan delight

5 Posted on 12 / 24 / 2010

Veggie Grill has a great menu. I love their chix fingers, sweet potato fries and carrot cake. My husband gets their "cheeseburger" El Dorado style. Go soon!

Pros: friendly staff, all vegan, delicious
bradmad
bradmad

First time here

5 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2010

I started eating vegan and about 50% raw around 70 days ago (so I am a newbie) but I have taken it pretty seriously. We walked past this location over the years and I never paid any attention to it, often mumbling something about "hippy food" as I walked by eating a dead animal burger.

Anyway, my life has changed since going vegan, so my wife myself and 2 friends went to this location to try out the food since it is local to all of us. I figured it looked like a good place to introduce the friends to as they were VERY interested in veg*ism.

Turns out it was amazing. Even a lifetime burger lover male fell in love with the food. The fries were superb and the burgers were delicious. It's a bit on the pricey side at about $15 per person if you get the drink + fries but I find this falls in line with the standard price sheet of GOOD food restaurants.

Be sure to try their in-house made lemonade. It's fantastic.

Pros: delicious, healthy, good location
Cons: expensive
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Another great location

5 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2010

This was our first time at this location as we were meeting out of town friends there, but it's as tasty and clean as the other locations. Also, it was super easy to find. It's right when you leave the main parking structure and enter the Spectrum near the carousel. Everyone can see it and try it! And this location has lots of outdoor patio seating.

As for the food, I tried a salad for the first time as I have always gotten a burger before. The chop chop salad was hearty with tempeh and quinoa in it, but I would have preferred regular ranch dressing to the chipotle version, but that's just me. Dirk had the Carne Asada (always a good choice) with a side of kale. Their kale really rocks. Our friend thought so too as that was her side as well. We split the nachos and mac 'n cheese and while the nachos are good, the mac is SO amazing. OMG! Our friends had the cajon bayou and chiptole BBQ burgers and finished every last bit of their food along with those awesome sweetheart fries.

I really love Veggie Grill for its all-American food and I'm always happy to see them in such mainstream places. They were definitely busy and I don't know anyone who doesn't like them. I know non-veg people who found the chain on their own and not through me. That's how good it is!

Pros: great veganized American food, easy to find and park, great place to take non-veg people
monktile
monktile

not good if you don't like the taste of meat

3 Posted on 10 / 13 / 2009

This chain is great for meat eaters, because the fake meat is very convincing. I am a vegetarian who doesn't want to pretend I'm eating meat, so most of the menu is off limits. The salads are pretty good, and the sweet potato fries are tasty, although have a very high GI ... usually give me a sugar rush!

Pros: great for meat eaters, salads are good, fairly cheap
Cons: not good for non-meat lovers, not a huge variety , not much raw food or non-soy protein
veganjess
veganjess

Fantastic

5 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2009

I am officially in love with this place! I found it by accident while shopping. Imagine my excitement when I found it was all vegan!!

I got the chicken Caesar wrap with sweet potato fries. The wrap was fantastic. It had a wonderful creamy vegan caesar sauce. The "chicken" was blackened an really had an authentic smoky grilled taste. So yummy!!!! If I didn't know I would have NEVER guessed it was vegan. The sweet potato fries were outstanding. Crispy on the outside and tender on the onside. They came with a smoky "bacon" sauce for dipping (sooo good!) I also got a lightly agave sweetened peach iced tea that was very fruity and yummy. Free refills, too!

Now for dessert..... I got the carrot cake and choc chip cookie to go. I just tried the carrot cake and it doesn't disappoint. Super creamy lightly sweet icing with a wonderfully moist cake.

I am sooo happy to have found this place. It really is the best vegan restaurant I have ever been to.

Pros: vegan, delicious food, good prices
Cons: too far...please open one in Corona!!
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Quite AMAZING!

5 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2009

This place is so good that I ate here twice during my vacation. I was surprised to see how nice this Vegan chain of restaurants is. I thought the food was amazing, the prices are a little high (when you're thinking fast food), but well worth it given the quality.

I had the Chipotle BBQ burger (wow!) the first time and the V-Burger (wow! again) along with a coleslaw side (yum!). My friends got other burgers and they all enjoyed them as well. I really liked their chipotle ranch sauce and got an extra side of it each time as well. I found the staff to be very pleasant and the decor was really nice, it actually reminded me of Noodles & Company. Hopefully this chain expands to Chicago, it's amazing!

Dismantlethemoon
Dismantlethemoon

Eh

3 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2009

Honestly, I have eaten at Veggie Grill a few times, the food is good...not great. I feel like this place just capitalizes on the whole health food craze, their menu is extremely limited and reads identically like the Native Foods menu. Don't get me wrong- the food is good, the prices are just disproportionate to the experience. Drive five minutes down the freeway to Native Foods at the Camp, it's worth it and for the exact same prices you get a little more atmosphere, less vegan-fast-food and more restaurant.

Pros: Convenient locations, good food
Cons: limited menu, zero atmosphere, pricey for fast food
  • bradmad bradmad

This place was actually started by someone from Native Foods, from what I gather. Hence the similarities.

Luv2Live
Luv2Live

You need to try this place, you'll LOVE it!!!

5 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2009

I've been to this location several times, and the food is always amazing!! The staff is super friendly as well. I would recommend everything on the menu, I do have my favorites though: The Stack and Grillin' Chickin' are awesome burgers, don't forget the addicting sweetheart fries! The Chop-Chop Chef Salad is ridiculously satisfying! My favorite dessert is the Carrot Cake, it's super moist and very filling! I've also tried the kids menu which is great if you are watching your pennies that day and still want a filling meal!

Pros: Love the environment, Staff is super friendly, Delicious food
fancy!
fancy!

Yummy!

4 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2009

I love The Veggie Grill. I go there often, driving from HB just to go there. I LOVE the sweet potato fries and I LOVE the steamin' kale and I LOVE the Crispy Santa Fe Chicken Sandwich.

They also offer salads, daily soups & chili (good), and a variety of burgers/sandwiches.

I like the design of the place, it's very fresh, clean and modern feeling. The Veggie Grill has some outdoor seating which is always a plus in my book.

Pros: delicious & fresh, good value, vegan
The Veggie Cook
The Veggie Cook

Hurray for More Veggie Grill

5 Posted on 12 / 15 / 2008

This is the newest Veggie Grill location (#3). The menu is the same as the 2 other locations: veggie burgers, salads, sweet potato fries, lemonade, etc... yummy and addictive fast vegan food. We love it and look forward to more openings in the Greater LA area!

Pros: fast service, yummy food, all vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of The Veggie Grill - Irvine Spectrum: