An all-vegan cafe chain with a casual, modern feel and a bright decor. This location opened April 2013. Offers a variety of veggie burgers and sandwiches, hot plates, plus salads, sweet potato fries, kids menu, and desserts. Order and pay at counter and staff brings to your table. Parking is located behind the building on Rubio Ave in a paid parking lot, which, at busy times, is valet; first hour is free with validation. Street parking is very limited. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Catering
16542 Ventura Blvd (Hayvenhurst Ave)
Encino, California 91436
818-788-2621

Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm

First Review by SLC
earthville
earthville

Great food (though small portion for the price)

4 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2014

We really liked the posole, but the portion was quite small. The bowl itself was small enough, but they only filled it about 60% (whereas the posters show bowls completely filled). It was our first time here, so we don't know if they're always skimpy by design or if we just got unlucky this time with a kitchen hand who wasn't paying attention, but either way, they could use better attention to portions.

Other than that, everything was quite good. The sweetheart (sweet potato) fries were tasty and with great texture. The grilled cookie was nice, too.

Pros: Delicious food, All vegan
Cons: skimpy soup portions
ronitw
ronitw

Love Veggie Grill

5 Posted on 11 / 28 / 2013

The fourth Veggie Grill location I visited and I love them all. Great food, friendly place, glad they are here for us!

Pros: Great food, Friendly service
veggiemom123
veggiemom123

Fantastic

5 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2013

We were very happy to have been there. The service was super friendly and helpful. I had the All Hail Kale Salad, which is heavenly. The grilled tempeh is atop the nice plate of kale salad. The dressing is a ginger/papaya, which is amazing. My son had the vegan mac/cheese, which is amazing too. I only wish they were on the east coast too.

Pros: great value, nice portions, friendly service
Cons: nothing negative to report

veggieeddie
veggieeddie

A GREAT Vegan Restaurant

5 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2013

Well, I've eaten at the Hollywood location 3 times and once at the Encino location and I have yet to have a bad meal. I highly recommend the 'Hail Kale' if you want a salad and both the Grillin Chickin & Sante Fe Chickin were very good. and, if you do go, you surely have to get their Sweet Potato Fries which were the best I've had!

Pros: Delicious Tasting Food!
Cons: Pricey, Need to add a Pasta Entre to menu
SLC
SLC

Love veggie grill

5 Posted on 04 / 18 / 2013

I have a hard time coming up with anything bad. This place is amazing and it attracks a very different crowd than your usual vegan joint which I love. This one also has a nice patio. The employees were outstanding and so friendly it was a joy!!! The food was delicious. I particularly appreciate the option to order burgers etc kale style and skip the bun in favor of mor veggies.

Pros: food, prices, parking validation
Cons: highly processed food

Dear Owner and Manager of The Veggie Grill: