The Veggie Grill - Beaverton

Casual all-vegan cafe originating from southern California. Offers a variety of veggie burgers and sandwiches, hot plates, plus salads, sweet potato fries, kids menu, and desserts. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering
3435 SW Cedar Hills Blvd
Beaverton, Oregon 97005
503-350-2369

Open Sun-Thur 11am-9pm, Fri-Sat 11am-10pm.

First Review by Jett Setter
selena
selena

also good for omnis

4 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2014

I go here with my omni family when I'm home for a visit and they love it too. Tasty, plant based, fast food-esque but a bit healthier. Still kind of burger jointish, but the healthy options make me and my fam happy.

Pros: tasty, moderate, family friendly
Cons: chain, strip mall
Marthaeo
Marthaeo

Consistently good but watch the fat and sodium

4 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2013

Everything here is plant-based, but with a lot of fake meats. There are plenty of other options like quinoa and tempeh, so you don't have to get the fake meats if you don't want. I highly recommend checking out their nutritional information online (which is quite extensive) because some items are extremely high in fat and sodium.

Pros: quick, good prices, large salads
Cons: many items high fat, many items low sodium, heavy use of fake meats
nardanddee
nardanddee

never disappointed

5 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2013

I love this chain! Always a winning decision. I even hear that there may be some new items on the menu soon. I just wish that they would open a location on the east coast (think DC/Baltimore...if you're listening VG).

Pros: good prices, tasty food
Juliecookslmt
Juliecookslmt

something for everyone!

4 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2013

Don't be fooled - just because its vegan doesn't make it healthy - oh sure there are healthy items like the all hail Kale salad but the buffalo wings rock! Great selection of ice teas. Beer &wine too!
Updated from previous review on Sunday February 17, 2013

Pros: food, food, food
Cons: Mac & chz :(, not really healthy
VintageVariety
VintageVariety

Good place for meat eaters

4 Posted on 10 / 07 / 2012

I'm really not a big fan of soy "mock meats", but I'm not going to reduce stars just due to my preferences. It is good for what it is. The "chicken" is very realistic. It's a good place to have in town, and to prove to meat eaters that eating animals isn't necessary.

mile4748
mile4748

Great Lunch

4 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2012

Went for the first time last week and what a great experience! Right after walking in, an employee was offering samples of their vegetarian chicken wings, explaining that everything from the menu was plant based. Since I always do my "research" before leaving for a restaurant, I already knew that fact, but many other first comers don't.
I found that all the employees were very friendly and helpful and seemed to actually enjoy answering questions. When you walk in, you go to the register, order, pay, then given a number to place on the table you pick out yourself. Warning: lunchtime is very busy and it can be a challenge to find a table, although the turnover is pretty quick. I did notice there is an outside eating area through the back door, which would be very nice in good weather.
My husband had the Hail Kale salad with blackened "chicken" and was very pleased with it. Not only did it taste good, it was very fresh and he was delighted with the salad dressing.
I ordered the Baja Fiesta salad with blackened tempeh and it was wonderful. the salad dsg was just wonderful and light. Portions are large, atomosphere very clean. Would definitely recommend this to others, in fact, my husband already has!!

Pros: many choices on menu, good sized portions, friendly staff
Cons: didn't care for the music
GreggDePorter
GreggDePorter

Awesome

5 Posted on 05 / 27 / 2012

When we went to this restaurant, we knew nothing about it. We thought it was vegetarian, but it's completely vegan. It ROCKS. I love both the cheeseburger and the chicken burgers. I tried the hot wings and the carne asada sandwiches and they taste EXACTLY like I remember them. They now have dinners and they ALSO taste really good.
I would tell EVERYONE to give this a try! We are moving to Phoenix and I wish they had one there, but they should have one in the next 2 or 3 years. The question is. can I wait that long?? *grin*

Pros: Great food, Excellent service, Friendly!
Cons: not enought Dinner choices!!
Jett Setter
Jett Setter

"Meat Eaters" would love it too!

4 Posted on 02 / 14 / 2012

Took my wife here for Valentines Day. Loved it! Seating was hard to find (says something about the business!). Everything was very good. The chili could be a bit more spicy, more like lightly baked beans.

I would defy any of my non-vegetarian/vegan friends to tell the difference between the buffalo wings served there or any bar they choose. EXCELLENT!!!

Price was more than your average lunch, but you kind of get used to that when you are looking for a good vegetarian/vegan restaurant. This was worth the price.

Inside was very retro looking (60's mod-like, but not overwhelming). Seating was by booths (good luck getting one) or very small, mostly seting for 2, tables. Once seated though, get ready for some good eats.

Parking is in a mall area, so not too bad.

Overall - YES I would recommend this to my friends. Very good quality and value. First time there, but certainly not the last.

Pros: Food quality, Service, Value
Cons: Available seating

Dear Owner and Manager of The Veggie Grill - Beaverton: