The Vegetarian Cottage

Part of Spa Food vegetarian restaurants in Bangkok. Choose from a variety of mock meat dishes. Try the spicy banana flower salad. Directions: Take taxi to Vipawadeerangsit Rd or Ratchadaphisek Rd to Soi 7 (call before you go), near airport. Price: Moderate more-less
Thai, Chinese, European
41/19 Soi Chokchai Ruammit, Viphavadi-Rangsit Road
Bangkok, Thailand

Open daily 11:30-14:30, 17:30-21:30.

First Review by chillin
aradhakr
aradhakr

mock meats but great service

4 Posted on 02 / 26 / 2014

This place was quite difficult to find. I came close using google maps but ended up taking a taxi for the last 100 yards. My advice would be to just take a motorcycle taxi from the Ratchadapisek MRT station. Call the restaurant and give the phone to the driver so that they can direct him.

On to the food. As another reviewer said it's largely just mock meats, so if you don't like mock meats I'd stay clear. Having said that the quality of the food was excellent though pricey by Bangkok standards.

I was the only one at the restaurant when I arrived (it was close to their afternoon closing time) and at the end of the meal they kindly offered to take me back to the MRT station on motorcycle. I tried to tip the guy but he politely refused.

Overall I had a good experience here. Not a whole lot to add to the other reviews but just want to keep the reviews fresh and up-to-date!

Pros: mock meat heaven, great service
Cons: expensive , hard to find
Chia
Chia

Nice place

3 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my The Vegetarian Cottage review.

The place is hard to find, and you have to take a taxi there. It's in a nice, upscale place (for Thai standard). The menu seemed interesting, but be careful not to order too much mock meats. I recommend the banana flower salad.

Pros: nice flavors
Cons: hard to find, not cheap, too much mock meats
chillin
chillin

Mock meat central!

3 Posted on 12 / 25 / 2009

I'm a vegan because I love eating vegetables ... not keen on places which make vegetables look and taste like meat. But having an open mind I was willing to test unchartered waters. A friend took me there on a visit to Bangkok. We enjoyed our evening but I found myself picking out all the mock-meat and just eating the vegetables. Not my cup of tea, but as it was busy I'm guessing it is quite popular. It was expensive for what it was.

Pros: Lovely setting, Ambient, Efficient waiter
Cons: Mock-meats aplenty!, Expensive, Hard to find

Dear Owner and Manager of The Vegetarian Cottage: