The Vegan Yacht - Food Truck

Vegan food trailer run by a husband and wife team; moved into the Spiderhouse in 2014. Menu includes tempeh chili in the freeto burrito or freeto pies, mock chick'n wraps and tacos, sidekick kale salads, and more. Previously at 1700 E 6th St, The Grackle. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, Tex Mex, Take-out, Delivery, Catering
2908 Fruth St (inside Spiderhouse)
Austin, Texas 78702

LorinWinter
LorinWinter

Loved the FreeTo Burito!

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2014

So glad we tracked down this food truck! They had such a good burrito, and it was huge!

crueltyfreeashley
crueltyfreeashley

Always delicious.

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2014

I LOVE the Vegan Yacht!!! I have enjoyed everything I've tried from here, but my favorites are the Freeto Burrito and the Freeto Pie (I like to have avocado added to both - yum) - they are so delicious. The Frito Burrito is the best burrito I've had in my life. Also, Mike and Danielle are such nice, happy people. I've introduced non-vegan friends to the vegan yacht, and all of them have loved it as well.

Pros: Delicious food!, Owners rock!, Freeto Burrito!
lai.9292
lai.9292

Happy Food

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2014

I LOVE the adorable octopus with the caption cruelty free cuisine. I live the atmosphere walking to the trailer, you hear and feel hundreds of pennies under your feet. (We left a few wishes behind too) That feeling is some kind of magical. I got an extra cozy feeling because I could smell my favorite scent radiating from it, sweet nag champa, my safety net scent. The owner gave me a stick of it. :) It was a peaceful experience with delicious food that I could tell had a lot of heart put into it.

Pros: Peaceful Kind Owners, Atmosphere, Art And Design

bigbuilding
bigbuilding

Good Food.

Posted on 02 / 15 / 2014

Took my wife and son for Valentine's day. We each had the same thing "Mock Chicken Wrap". It was very good and did not disappoint. The portions were large enough to fill me up. It's definitely a unique spot that you are only going to find
in Austin. The owner was very courteous. As another said it's definitely a picture moment.

thelittleredjournal
thelittleredjournal

Did someone say Freeto Burrito?

Posted on 05 / 03 / 2013

As I prepared to celebrate my one-year anniversary with my current company, I knew I wanted to try out a new vegan spot! My coworkers and I have been scouting out places and trying out new things in the last few months and once I heard about The Vegan Yacht, I knew this was the place to celebrate. We had liked their Facebook page a couple of months back and were teased on a daily basis by the amazing photos of the food they offer there. We marked the calendar and set the date for our first visit.

Immediately after we walked up to the trailer, I fell in love with the charm that it has! Mike Wood (co-owner with his wife Danielle), popped his head out of the window and cheerfully took our order. After seeing many yummy pictures of the freeto burrito, I had to order one. There was absolutely ZERO disappointment in my meal. This was amazing and it was awesome to taste one of my all-time favorite foods guilt-free! I haven't eaten much of anything that I wouldn't be smothering in cheese because I fear of a relapse, but this tasted too good without even a thought of it.

I highly recommend checking out this awesome establishment and trying the food for yourself. They have an extensive menu for all tastes and the environment is super casual with it's location in East Austin. We'll be visiting them again soon and I can't wait to try out more!

Pros: friendly owner, nice setting
anthony11
anthony11

disappointing

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2012

I've been in town for 3 nights / 4 days for a business meeting, and previous experiences taught me wisely to not count on the hotel or the restaurants the group was booked into having anything edible, so I wrote this place in advance. The response I received was encouraging, indicating that they would deliver to my hotel (I was not permitted to rent a car).

So today they ostensibly opened at noon, and I tried calling -- I did not get through until 12:30 and attempted to order items off their menu, items that I had luckily written down because when viewed on my phone their web site refuses to display a menu. I was informed that they did not have seitan, despite it being on their menu. I expressed disappointment at this and was told impatiently that they do run out of stuff (after half an hour??), that I should have known this, and that she had other customers' orders to take. At this point I gave up and hung up, and a few minutes later I received a nasty SMS calling me by a name that isn't mine, telling me to never call them again because that was no way to talk to a lady. HUH?

I next tried a Pita Pit close by, and found that their bread is not vegan, so that all they could do would be a bowl of lettuce with the burger on top. Oh boy.

I ended up finding a Subway walkable from the hotel, despite it being a number of blocks away from where Google Maps claimed it was. Their veggie sandwiches aren't exciting and lack protein, but they at least had what was on their menu.

Pros: vegan, theoretical delivery
Cons: slow to answer, lacked advertised items, rude
pentagoth79
pentagoth79

Hippie Trailer Food

Posted on 11 / 30 / 2011

I loved the location of this restaurant. I'm not from Austin so the whole trailer park food thing was new to me but it's really neat.
I loved that they delivered to the hotel I was staying at. The quesadillas are the best!
There's not a huge menu but good food and they certainly push the whole cruelty-free eating thing, which I liked.

Pros: good food, good service, neat place
Cons: small menu, odd hours
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

VEGAN AIRSTREAM!!! Beyond cool!

Posted on 09 / 17 / 2010

We were so excited to find The Vegan Yacht. Not only was the food wonderful, but the owners were so cool kind and helpful! The Yacht is such a fun experience and I highly recommend a soy banana blueberry smoothie and the lettuce tacos! Take you're camera, its a Kodak moment!

Pros: super cool, smoothies, tacos
esestud
esestud

For bar hoppers and late dwellers

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2010

I tried their seitan quesadillas with bell peppers, avocados, and Daiya cheese, and I immediately fell in love with it. Their beet brownies are also among the best ever. So nice to see a vegan place open late, for those interested in munchies after clubbing on 6th street. Will definitely come here again.

Pros: Excellent taste, Convenient location
gacord
gacord

Love the food, Love the people!!

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2010

Food was excellent, bread FANTASTIC. The owners are the nicest people in Austin. This place is the bomb!

Pros: bread, people
Cons: none

Dear Owner and Manager of The Vegan Yacht - Food Truck: