The Vegan Nom - Food Truck

Vegan Mexican food and taco food trailer on North Loop, opened since Apr 2012. Previously located on E North Loop-B. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Mexican, Tex-Mex, Fast food, Take-out
1505 Town Creek Dr
Austin, Texas 78751
512-217-7257

Open Tue-Sat 7am-9pm, Sun 7am-4pm.

• Cash only

First Review by nutritionchick
veggieisland
veggieisland

I could eat here everyday...seriously.

5 Posted on 06 / 21 / 2014

I LOVE THE VEGAN NOM. Love it.

Everything is always so fresh. My husband is not vegan and looked at me crazy the first time I told him I wanted to go out for vegan tacos. All it took was one bite! He actually requests to come here now.

Delicious food, good service.

cookiem
cookiem

Dream about Vegan Nom Tacos

5 Posted on 02 / 22 / 2014

Before eating at Vegan Nom, I viewed tacos as mediocre/ vanilla choices for food…. Thank you Vegan Nom for rocking my world and changing my perspective with a couple fabulously amazingly deliciously expertly prepared tacos. I had no idea vegan tacos could be so super delectable.

It might help that their chikn is Beyond Meat. It might help that the prices are ridiculously affordable.

I don't know what it is, but I dream about going back to Austin to eat here for some breakfast tacos and lunch tacos and repeat. I like that they let you add in more veggie goodness, like avocados, spinach and peppers. Then I can have everything I want in an edible wrapper.

The chorizo is awesome - brilliant blend of grains and meat substitute in a natural style. Yum. The grilled avocado is so good. The tortillas too, so good. Grilled anything by Vegan Nom in a taco - awesome.

GO and eat! Nom nom nom!

Pros: Price, Vegan, Super fresh delicious grilled/cooked hot
Cons: Cash only, Location
nicolemonster
nicolemonster

Best tacos you'll ever eat!

5 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2014

The Vegan Nom has got it going on when it comes to making kick-ass tacos!
They have basic 2 ingredient tacos if you want something simple/easy to eat while driving (you can add more ingredients if you want), and then they have a whole slew of rockin tacos with a little more detail...my faves are The Three Amigos: handmade vegan sausage, tofu scramble and daiya cheese, and The Vegan Del Ray (seriously outta this world): Breaded gluten-gree lemon-pepper mock fish (it's sooooo good) topped with fresh cabbage, avocado, and a super tasty cilantro-lime cream sauce. YUMMMM!
The tacos are always awesomely piping hot!
If you are tight on time, call your order in.

Teo
Teo

A First!

5 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2013

It was around 7:30 in the morning, on a Sunday, and i got one of the finest-tasting Vegan breakfast tacos one could imagine In fact, i never imagined a Vegan breakfast taco could be so tasty, nor at 7:30 am on a Sunday. A first of a kind!
It was so good, I drove back for another an hour later and the following weekend, and ... I will be enjoying Vegan tacos here into the future - hopefully a long future.

Pros: Very tasty, Inexpensive, Open very early, every day
Cons: Only one, Need more - like near my place
eatyourveggies
eatyourveggies

Best Breakfast Tacos

5 Posted on 02 / 12 / 2013

Austin is kind of known as the taco city so this is a must stop to get your fix. The tacos here are delicious and packed with yummy ingredients. The chipotle salsa is the best in town (can't wait till they bottle it and sell it!). Be sure to call in your order in the mornings so you don't have to wait too long because they are always busy. Good sign right? They have a taco of the month that is always unique and delicious.

Pros: Inexpensive, Tasty, Seating available
Cons: Outside if bad weather
nutritionchick
nutritionchick

yummy

5 Posted on 02 / 03 / 2013

The tacos are out of this world! The best scrambled tofu, hands down, I have ever eaten. The Queso dip was unexpectedly delicious.

Pros: great tasting, super fresh, cheap
Cons: needs more gluten free options, only takes cash, needs another location!

Dear Owner and Manager of The Vegan Nom - Food Truck: