The Vegan Joint - Woodland...

This is the second Vegan Joint location, opened in June 2011. A casual and friendly neighborhood cafe. All vegan menu featuring breakfast items like tofu & veggie omelettes, burritos, and pancake. Extensive lunch and dinner including wraps, veggie burgers, curry, fried rice, pad Thai noodle, and main dishes featuring tofu, veggies, and mockmeats plates. Soy products used are all vegan, and seitan is made in-house. Brown rice available. Directions: the main door entrance is on DeSoto Ave; or you can enter from the underground parking lot. It's the next attached shopping plaza over from the Target lot in close proximity to No Udder vegan desserts shop. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Thai, American, Organic, Juice bar, Fast food, Take-out, Delivery, Catering

First Review by Kenneth_Spector
Chia
Chia

Good food, prompt service

5 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2014

Hooray for a new vegan restaurant addition to Greater Los Angeles. This Vegan Joint #2 is located in Woodland Hills, at the corner of Ventura Blvd and DeSoto Ave (easy freeway exit). My husband, daughter, and I went for the first time recently for lunchtime, and we were all very pleased. Here's my Vegan Joint review for all ya'll.

Finding the restaurant was a bit tricky for us because we had entered on Ventura into their shopping plaza, but you can't see the restaurant from the lot. You have to either drive down to the underground parking, and enter from the door there, or you can walk over to DeSoto and enter from the main entrance.

The new menu is the same as the one that's offered at The Vegan Joint on National Blvd in LA. So I knew it pretty well. To try something new, I ordered a custom tofu omelette (with spinach, mushroom, avocado, and vegan jack cheese slices) which came with a side salsa, potatoes & peppers, and 2 pieces of toast. My daughter enjoyed the toast with avocado from the omelette. I also ordered my usual favorite, the spicy noodle soup, and it was filling and delicious. My husband got a fish wrap and the fresh rolls appetizer. We shared a cold fresh coconut, and were all pleased.

The restaurant is on the small side but with enough seating for a meet-up group. It's well cared for, and the staff is very helpful and friendly.

After our lunch, we walked over to No Udder vegan desserts shop made our day out extra fun (yummy sweets).

Pros: tasty food, good prices, friendly staff
JackieP
JackieP

Pretty good

3 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2013

Wide variety of items, almost too much variety for someone used to looking for the 1 veg item on a menu. Get the soup--it takes a while to make because they are making it to order. Is in the same shopping center as No Udder Desserts. Plenty of parking

Pros: good soup, Plenty of parking
Cons: inside isn't super comfortable
xia
xia

Happy, Friendly Staff, Great Service, Tasty Food

5 Posted on 09 / 12 / 2012

I've been here several times, usually for pick-up, but also have eaten-in. The red thai curry with shitake mushrooms was excellent. They will make mild or spicy (I love spicy!) and you can add your choice of vegan "meats" (or is that Veat?), although there are enough vegetables to make the addition of extra "Veat" superfluous. With brown rice, the take out serving was enough for two large meals and then some!

Another favorite is the garlic chicken burger with sweet potato fries on the side. The garlic fries are also great but garlic on garlic can be punishing to whomever you stand too close to after eating.

The tom yum broth is spicy and flavorful. I am a lover of Thai food and the Vegan Joint gets the spices right -- the flavors are very authentically Thai.

The location off the parking lot is not ideal (which is why I often order "To Go") but it is sufficient for meet-ups. For dessert, definitely walk across the parking lot to No Udder Desserts, whose "cheeze cake" is hands-down the best vegan version I've ever tasted. But that's another review...

Living in Woodland Hills, I am so thankful that the Vegan Joint is in the neighborhood. I can't wait to try more of the items on their extensive menu, but I tend to try one or two things, get hooked and then have a hard time bringing myself to try something different.

It would be great to do a meet up with other vegans, order lots of dishes family style and get little tastes of everything!

Pros: friendly staff, excellent flavors, lots of choices
Cons: right off parking garage

Lily925
Lily925

big menu

5 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2012

Lots to choose from here with a big a varied menu. Curries, sandwiches,dinner entrees, wraps, breakfast all day. It took a while to decide. We all were happy with our choices.

Pros: all vegan, tasty, well priced
Cons: hard to find and get to
Ryan MTB
Ryan MTB

Delicious & Relaxing

4 Posted on 03 / 11 / 2012

I love this little place. It is very cozy & inviting, with simple clean decor. My favorite is the yellow vegetable curry, served with brown rice of course. I'm not a fan of spicy food so I ask them to make it mild. I also enjoy their vegetable juice. Breakfast is good (tofu scramble & pancakes) but the pancakes are a little on the sweet side.

Pros: Friendly, Cozy, Delicious
Cons: Busy intersection
KivaSpun
KivaSpun

Real close to work!!

4 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2011

So happy to find this place. The only place near work with a great veggie juice that fresh! Staff is also very nice and the breakfast pancakes are to die for! Really tasty! It's a regular for my family now.

Pros: Good food, Veggie Juice!
Kenneth_Spector
Kenneth_Spector
  • raw

Everything was Delicious

4 Posted on 09 / 12 / 2011

My friend Gretchen and I went to "The Vegan Joint" for a business lunch. The service was great and the the food was delicious. Everyone was very friendly. In fact, one of the workers there actually walked me out. Since it was my first time, I wasn't sure where I parked. Actually, parking is underground in the building. I had the 'Organic Salad' with a side of an 'organic vegeberger', Gretchen had curry, very tasty and we both had fresh coconut water still in the coconut. The only negative is that I wish they had more raw food. This is only my 4th vegan restaurant and it's on the top of my list.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff
Cons: not enough raw food

Dear Owner and Manager of The Vegan Joint - Woodland Hills:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Woodland Hills page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/04/09