The third Vegan Joint location, opened Nov 2012. Look for it on the 2nd floor of a corner shopping plaza (requires going up a set of stairs). Offers the same tasty fare including Thai favorites (curries and stir-frys with faux meat and veggies served with brown rice) as well casual American classics (pancakes and hashbrown, veggie burgers with fries). Small and simple set-up. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Thai, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Catering
4718 Fountain Ave Unit D (Vermont Ave)
Los Angeles, California 90027
323-667-9560

Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 9:00am-5:00pm

First Review by Chia
vtraveller
vtraveller

yummy

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2015

yummy lentil burger with hot fries today

Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Good Asian dishes

Posted on 02 / 02 / 2014

We have ate there a couple of times as well as getting delivery. Their Thai and other Asian food is excellent, but we have found the American menu items in general to be just decent although Dirk really likes the chicken and waffles. Our other favorites are spicy mint noodles and pineapple curry. Their service is quick and friendly. I'm glad they have a location in Hollywood now as it's much more convenient.

Pros: good Asian dishes, delivery, friendly
zwintermizzoni
zwintermizzoni

Amazing

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2014

I love this place, the atmosphere is quiet due to the low amount of people, I guess most people order out seeing from the delivery guys. It's a great place to eat with friends or family and there is a great variety of food; they serve great burgers, soups, wraps, curries (my favorite is the Red Thai curry - A MUST TRY). I live right near the place so it's especially convenient for me

Pros: Great food, Low noise, Kind hospitality
Cons: Some foods are a little too sweet, The wraps fall apart

eevee
eevee

Pretty good

Posted on 09 / 04 / 2013

I go to this restaurant kind of often since I constantly have appointments at the nearby Kaiser.

The food is pretty good. My mom loves the black bean burger and it's the ONLY vegan burger that she'll eat sine she hates soy and she's very picky.

She actually took a few of my non-veg family members to eat breakfast there when I had to go through surgery and they were waiting for me, and they all loved their food. One of my uncles that she took is actually attempting veganism now after years of him mocking me for not eating meat (and later other animal products) and the food definitely influenced him.

I love the breakfast burritos, they have a lot of flavor (be careful not to drop the tofu on you though since it leaves yellow stains), they have really good pastries for dessert (like the red velvet cake), and everything is affordable too.
My only problem with their foods is that the cheese that they use doesn't melt at all, I wish they'd use Daiya shreds so that the taste would be more noticeable.

The staff there is usually very good with making sure everyone is okay.

They made the location super cute. It's in a crowded looking shopping center and the surrounding area doesn't seem really clean, but they make the best of their location and they even have a little picnic area. They also have many flowers and it completely makes up for the location.
I usually barely find parking whenever I go (around 12 p.m. or 4 p.m.) and a lot of the times it can be a tight squeeze since it's one parking lot for several other restaurants. There's a nearby Metro Line stop near the Kaiser though, which is the next street up and the walk isn't too far away.

Pros: Good food for the low price, Cute eating area, The deserts are very good
Cons: Cheese doesn't melt, Parking might be difficult
Lily925
Lily925

tasty!

Posted on 06 / 08 / 2013

We went there today everything we had was great except for the Thai ice tea which was way too sweet.We shared the lentil Quesadillas and they were yummy and filling. My husband had the green curry and I had the signature pumkin curry. We both liked his better because it was spicier but mine was very flavorful and if I would have thought of it I would have asked to have it made spicier. We tried to get the tea less sweet but I don't htink they understood and added more tea to the milk but we think that made it sweeter. It wouldn't keep me from going again. Which I must say please go there. They had very little business and the waitress said they are usually slow. Oh no! We can't loose a good vegan restaurant.

Pros: tasty vegan , friendly, inexpensive
Cons: not a great location
Chia
Chia

Yummy Food, Good Prices

Posted on 11 / 24 / 2012

I had read about this place opening from happycow, and finally had a chance to come check it out. Here's my Vegan Joint Hollywood review.

This is the 3rd Vegan Joint, actually; one other in Woodland Hills, another in Palms/Culver area of Los Angeles. This location is very small and kind of hidden due to it being on the 2nd floor of a small shopping plaza. However, once you walk up the stairs, you see that there is plenty of room out front with a couple tables for seating. Inside there are around 3 more tables. The large front windows let in plenty of natural lighting, and you can see the Griffith Observatory and views of the Los Angeles Mountains.

The menu is the same as the other 2 Vegan Joints -- very extensive and varied. I always like to get a lentil burger, the fried rolls, and the spicy noodle soup. Everything was yummy, consistent with the quality of the other locations I'm used to. My friend got an order of pancakes and a plate of hash brown. Yummy, too.

I wish I lived closer, then I would be able to eat here more often. The prices are totally inexpensive, it feels easier to eat at The Vegan Joint then to cook at home.

Definitely eat here when in this area (diagonal from Children's Hospital).

Pros: yummy food, easy on the wallet, quick service

Dear Owner and Manager of The Vegan Joint - Hollywood:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Los Angeles page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/04/09