Serves meat, veg options available. A low impact, ecological food service carry out. Uses separate grills, one for preparing vegetarian food and the other for non-vegetarian food. Sandwiches and wraps are served on whole grain bread and shells. Around 95% of in house products are composted or recycled. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg
920-B Loveland Madeira Rd
Loveland, Ohio 45140
513-697-7090

Open Mon-Sat 11-8, closed Sun.

• Cash only

First Review by Nye
bethany0729
bethany0729

Wouldn't recommend.

2 Posted on 06 / 21 / 2010

This was the first restaurant I went to after becoming a vegetarian. My boyfriend wanted chicken so I got that but I asked them where they got their chicken. They replied "Tyson". Sweet.

Pros: good food
Cons: cruelty
AbeLincoln
AbeLincoln

Good place

4 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2010

I had tempeh on my pizza and it was yummy.. Worth the visit for sure.

Pros: easy parking, good food, veg reading material while I wait
Cons: could have more on the menu, small, a bit cluttered inside
Mary Liebat
Mary Liebat

A Dissapointing Expensive Experience

2 Posted on 02 / 03 / 2010

After reading previous reviews, I decided to try this restaurant and was very dissapointed. The atmosphere was totally lacking and the food under seasoned and dissapointing. The French Onion soup I ordered could best be described as onion broth - no caramalized onions, weak, favorless broth no cheese and no croutons. The side of red cabbage, normally a favorite of mine was undercooked and had chunks of bay leaf in it. The side salad was totally unremarkable. Cincinnati has a need for a really nice vegetarian place to eat.

Pros: healthy cuisine, low calorie
Cons: lacking in atmosphere, not a good bargain, under seasoned food

lalacakeyum
lalacakeyum

Yummy

4 Posted on 03 / 11 / 2009

The veghead has been one of my favorite places to go for a while. It is so good and fresh you will always want more.
I reccomend their pizza, its a flat bottom with hummus and a ton of delicious ingredients.
Definatley worth going to.

yourfacehxc
yourfacehxc

it's a start

4 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2009

Fortunately I don't live in Loveland (sorry, kids), however my parents do. So during a recent visit I suggested we try the only veg restaurant I was able to find in the area. The menu is on the small side however each dish we tried returned delicious results. My 1/2 black bean 1/2 hummus wrap was a change from what I normally eat at veg restaurants and my mom wouldn't shut up about how good the soup was. It was a bit salty for my taste but she adored it. Even my carnivorous old man was able to enjoy a chicken sandwich while the herbivores had their moment. While on the small side, it's a good starting off point for such a small community. The gentleman who took our order was also the one who prepared the food and served us. My only complaint was he seemed a bit stand-offish when we arrived which didn't really add up to me. I couldn't tell what his deal was but then again it wasn't like we were dining with him. All the same, a positive attitude goes a long way...especially for first time customers. All in all this place gets the job done. I hope their business prospers and they're able to expand and move to a larger and more open location. Just so we're clear, this place is TINY. I wouldn't mind seeing more options on the menu either (more vegan as well) but I suppose for a new and small business, it's just right.

Pros: Excellent food, Small business, Interesting options
Cons: VERY small restaurant, Not especially friendly
Ozlady
Ozlady
  • non-vegetarian

Delicious food, sustainable philosophy

4 Posted on 10 / 30 / 2008

What a breath of fresh air! A small restaurant with healthful and tasty food, with a wonderful philosophy featuring a complete circle of recycling . I don't know that they will replace fast food, but it is an admirable goal.
I wish they would advertise more. It has been in existance over a year, and we just found them by chance online, although we frequently pass their location! I think it is a real shame that the city of Loveland won't let them put a sign at the street, but there are other ways to advertise.
Obviously, since I am a non-vegetarian with veggie tendancies, I am glad they offer some items for omnivores.

Nye
Nye

Very Veg Friendly

4 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2008

Not totally vegan or even totally veg but, they are very Veg friendly and they have truly excellent food. Also, they are very green friendly. I go there a couple times a week just for their curry hummus, black bean, and rice wrap ...If they were totally vegan, They would have gotten a 5 star rating from me

Pros: Great food , Environmentally conscious, Veg friendly staff
Cons: Not totally Vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of The Veg Head: