Inside Canterbury Wholefoods store on the 2nd floor. Serving lunch, afternoon tea, and supper. Uses seasonal, local organic vegetables. Child friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Free wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, British, English, Western, Take-out

Joshilib
Joshilib

the best in Canterbury

Posted on 09 / 18 / 2014

There's no doubt: if you're vegetarian or vegan, then the Veg Box café is the best place to eat out in Canterbury. Warm, friendly location; great staff; healthy, filling and sometimes quite creative food. Lunch below a tenner. Go there.

Toriay
Toriay

nice place

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2014

I almost didn't go because it was difficult to find and then from the entrance it looks like its just a whole foods shop so I was worried it was just going to be a deli. Nice spot, food was tasty but nothing special.

Pros: atmosphere, tasty food, friendly staff
Cons: location, unimaginative menu
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

good food

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2012

"Organic, vegetarian/vegan breakfasts, lunches, snacks, drinks and cakes." Open 10:00 am-3:30 pm, lunch from 12 noon, Monday-Saturday. The menu is on a large blackboard, including daily specials. A few vegan items but mostly lacto-ovo-vegetarian. Soup, sweets - made in-house, including vegan ice cream, vegan chocolate cupcake, beetroot brownie, lemon and almond polenta cupcake. Also Fairtrade coffees, teas, organic juices.
I had celeriac with sage soup which came with wholemeal bread and vegan spread (margarine) for GBP4.95. Another time I had squash and lentil dahl on brown rice, with mango chutney and greens salad, daily special 7.95, and nettle tea. Delicious comfort-food for a chilly, damp day.

Pros: tasty food, good location
Cons: not enough vegan options

Tara HD
Tara HD

Average

Posted on 01 / 17 / 2012

A nice little place above the Wholefoods market. I didn't find the food that good though and the vegan dessert options were very limited.

Pros: focus on organic and local products
Cons: average food, limited vegan options for dessert
ejthiggs
ejthiggs

Lovely lunch

Posted on 07 / 04 / 2011

I ate lunch at the Veg Box with my partner on a rainy Saturday in June. When we arrived it was quite busy, but not full. I ordered the soup of the day (Broccoli, Courgette & Pea) (vegan) which came with two chunks of very nice brown bread. My partner had the veggie burger, which came with large potato wedges and a generous portion of salad. Everything was very tasty. For dessert I had an iced chocolate cupcake (vegan) and my partner had the carrot cake; they both get top marks for yummyness! We were sevred quickly and the atmosphere was friendly and casual. In total (including drinks) the meal came to about £21.

Pros: great value for money, vegan desserts, gluten free options
Cons: might be hard to find
gra26264
gra26264

super veg box

Posted on 12 / 24 / 2010

excellent value,good atmosphere,wide selection of vegan options,very friendly staff,they are doing an excellent vegan christmas dinner at the moment that is recommended,the only negative thing I can think of is that they close at 4 o clock

Pros: good value, excellent food, friendly atmosphere
Cons: closes at 4pm
shloobee
shloobee

YUM!!!!!

Posted on 03 / 25 / 2010

In a great setting, really nice servers, and great food, how can you go wrong? Being Vegan, I'm used to not having choice and as this was described as Veggie friendly who catered for Vegan I didn't expect much - what I got was a good choice and an excellent meal - plus a proper, non-wishy-washy soy cappuccino :) Absolutely recommend it. Will go back for more when I'm in town again and one day I'm going to try the breakfast

Pros: Excellent food, Great service, Great place
Cons: Not big enough!

Dear Owner and Manager of The Veg Box Cafe: