The Turnip Truck

no whey!
no whey!

Great finds

5 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2012

I like coming here for groceries or to-go lunches. Everything seems fairly priced and it's a good place to find items you might overlook at a larger veggie-friendly grocery store. Their selection of beverages is great too.

I guess my only complaint would be that they seem to put sprouts on EVERY wrap/sandwich. Even if it's not listed in the ingredients, there's probably sprouts on that curry tofu wrap.

Pros: Fair prices, Sandwiches, Vegan snacks
Cons: Sprouts
Teo
Teo

New Favorite

4 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2012

There are 2 Turnip Trucks in Nashville and interestingly the smaller store has what I most desire - locally produced products like baked, organic, Vegan (no dairy products) breads, coffees, fresh produce. So two main reasons for shopping here - is supporting the local economy.
The larger store has more products, but I couldn't find my favorite bread there - like that sold at the smaller store(?).
The Vegan type foods selection is small at both stores (but I politely annoy the staff now and then, so maybe this will change?).

Pros: Local owned, Local products
Cons: Few Vegan foods
herbivoreheather
herbivoreheather

This place is heaven!

5 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2008

I absolutly love the Turnip Truck! Staff was super nice, produce was beautiful and fresh. Killer amount of vegan groceries, and my cat's food (Pet Promise). It feels better shopping there rather than fighting Whole Foods traffic! I could have spent all day there. Great selection, great vibe, and great food!

Pros: awesome inventory, friendly staff, great location
askantik
askantik

Cool place

4 Posted on 07 / 31 / 2007

Easy to find with a nice selection of stuff. Store is a little cramped, but that's no big deal. I didn't stay long (I was travelling through), so I don't know much about prices, but the vegan sandwiches they had prepared looked pretty good.

Dear Owner and Manager of The Turnip Truck: