The Treehouse Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Organic restaurant cafe upstairs from the organic shop serving morning coffee and cake, lunch, and afternoon tea. Has many vegetarian and vegan dishes. Emphasis is on local foods. Caters for evening functions. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Welsh, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
Victoria House, Baker Street
Aberystwyth, Wales SY23 2BJ
01970-615791

Open Mon-Sat 9am-5pm, lunch served from 12-3.30pm.

First Review by Alyson
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

good food

4 Posted on 03 / 22 / 2012

I ate here three times during my week in Aberystwyth. They always have two vegan soups of the day. Small bowl with roll, 3.75. I had Mediterranean vegetable soup with red lentils and paprika; another time I had root vegetable soup with barley, parsnip, etc., and homemade whole-wheat roll. Small Treehouse salad (greens plus two slaws), 3.25. Coffees and teas, cakes and baked treats, at least two vegan desserts. Some gluten-free items. Four hot main dishes each day (two vegan), such as pasta and Thai curry, plus regular menu of quiche, baked potatoes, salads, Welsh ploughman's lunch.
Very popular, and tables all filled at midday.
Breakfast 10:00-11:30. Lunch 12:00-3:30.
Mon-Fri 10-5, Sat 9-5.

Pros: vegan items, vegan soups, salads
Cons: crowded at lunchtime, too hard bun with veg burger
willmottgrout
willmottgrout

Treehouse - avoid if you are vegan

1 Posted on 03 / 07 / 2012

On arrival a customer was complaining and was given a refund. The table we sat at had not been cleaned. When I asked the staff member to do so she wiped a cloth over my side of the table only but left my wife's side dirty and left a milk jug used by the last customer. None of the other tables we cleaned as customers left. My curry was poor quality, the rice was a solid lump and there was an inedible side salad. My wife's veggie burger was disgusting and when she enquired what was in it the staff didn't know. The potato wedges were hard and black. The salad was not fresh. We both left most of meals.

Pros: Pleasant town
Cons: Dirty, disinterested staff, terrible food
Alyson
Alyson

Yummy!

4 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2010

THE place to eat if you're vegan or vegetarian in Aberystwyth. Although not exclusively V, does good range of vegan food including some cakes. Relaxed atmosphere but can get busy so best to book a table for lunch times. Even has 'library' of eco books upstairs.

Pros: vegan options
Cons: not exclusively vegetarian, can get busy

Dear Owner and Manager of The Treehouse Restaurant: