Serves meat, veg options available. A community oriented bookstore, teashop, and cafe with a relaxed ambiance. Offers a variety of vegetarian a sandwiches in addition a long list of teas. The bread is in-house-made and vegan suitable. Brunch served on Sundays. The Tipsy Teapot supports independent live entertainment - see its website calendar. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American,Beer/Wine,Take-out, Catering, Non-veg
409 Evans St Unit B (downtown)
Greenville, North Carolina 27858
252-413-0087

First Review by SylviaManters
The Vegan Chemist
The Vegan Chemist

Decent Options for Vegans

Posted on 07 / 23 / 2013

What I like about Tipsy's is that they are very accommodating to a vegan diet. They had vegan cupcakes in there recently and I hope they continue to improve their vegan menu. And I love the environment!! I love that they have live music and all the service I have ever encountered in the past 5 years has been great.

I have eaten there as a vegetarian and vegan. As a vegetarian, there are loads of creative options for you, however, as a vegan it was a little tricky. You can easily sub out cheese out of the dishes however some of their dressings had cheese in them and that kinda sucked.

I was there recently, I got a tofu wrap (had to make some substitutions) which ended up being really good. They were friendly enough to show me ingredient labels to see if I could consume it, which was awesome. I was disappointed in the spinach wrap ingredients (that was probably longer than this review) which may not have had vegan-friendly ingredients (it had dough conditioner in it which is *usually* from animal-based amino acids/protein). I got some fruit to go with it, which unfortunately wasn't the freshest (the strawberries were brown in some parts). And while the vegan cupcake was vegan(yay!!), it was dry. I am not sure if this was because the cupcakes may have been a few days old.

It would be great if they had vegan alternatives: vegan cheese, mayo, cream cheese, and even tempeh or seitan dishes.

I will continue to support this establishment so that they know there is a vegan community that exists in Greenville and I greatly appreciate that they provide vegan options. I hope my review isn't construed as harsh but helpful criticism that they can use to improve. Much love.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday July 23, 2013

Pros: great atmosphere & decent prices, great vegetarian and vegan options
Cons: would enjoy more vegan alternatives
SylviaManters
SylviaManters

Love this place!

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2013

Tipsy is the neatest place in town! They have live music and stuff, and they have all kinds of great food and tea as well. It's really hard to eat out vegetarian in Greenville, but Tipsy has so many choices, I go there with my friends all the time, and I always leave feeling healthier! They even make their own vegan bread everyday. I never knew a sandwich could taste so good. Usually they have vegan soup as well, when it's cold out. And Smoothies in the Summer.
Maaan...Now I'm getting hungry for a vegetarian Lasagna. Guess I'm going to have to get over there!

Pros: Very Friendly, Awesome Food, Nice Atmosphere
Cons: Can be noisy, Can get crowded

Dear Owner and Manager of The Tipsy Teapot:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Greenville page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2013/08/30