Serves meat, veg options available. Everyday at lunchtime is an all-you-can-eat buffet. The a la carte lunch and dinner menu includes some vegetarian entrees plus assorted breads, rice, and appetizers. Vegans should specify as ghee/dairy is used. Nice atmosphere, decorated with Indian-themed paintings on the walls. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Catering, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
574 E Main St (downtown)
Ventura, California 93001
805-652-1521

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by MZ.ur.it.a
Chia
Chia

Taj Cafe Indian Food

Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my The Taj Cafe review.

Came here during lunch time a few months ago. The servers were all very courteous and quickly offered me a seat and water. I looked at the lunch buffet, which included several vegetarian suitable dishes (not labeled vegan or not) plus a few meat dishes.

I opted to just get an order of samosas and a vegetable rice biryani. The samosas were all right, tasty and not too salty. The rice biryani was flavorful though a bit too oily for my liking. Not sure if ghee is used, but strict vegans should definitely inquire and be very specific.

The other diners seemed to be enjoying their all-you-can lunch buffet feast.

Dan Burnstein
Dan Burnstein

Awesome Indian Food

Posted on 07 / 23 / 2011

What a pleasant surprise today to enjoy a great lunch at The Taj Cafe. The waiter immeidately pointed out the many vegan food options on the buffet. I enjoyed the the various chutney's of which most were vegan as pointed out by the waiter. The food was all fresh and seasoned to perfection. I will definately visit again next time I'm in Ventura. It's some of the best Indian food I've ever had.

Pros: Convenient location, Reasonable pricing, Lots of vegan options
MZ.ur.it.a
MZ.ur.it.a

Great Food!!

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2010

I go here whenever I can , I love there spicy food and there's tons of vegan options! Also they have a lunch buffet with tons of options. I especially love their drinks. Also my omnivorous family, bf, and friends all love it so we can all go together!

Pros: excellent food, great staff, nice atmosphere
Cons: pricey

Dear Owner and Manager of The Taj Cafe: