Vegan bar and restaurant serving drinks and Indian inspired dishes. Free Wi-Fi and a Bollywood vibe. Only 8 tables inside. Opened late-2013. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Indian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion

kenvegan
kenvegan

Unique and Tasty Indian Food

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2015

I highly recommend the happy hour at Sudra. 5 dollar small plates of more healthful Indian food than you are probably accustomed to.

Ordered some Kofta balls with kale and a potato masala dish. both dishes together hit the spot, but the 5 dollar plates are small, and you may want to order 2 or 3 if you are hungry.

The entrees here looked like large portions.

Order at the counter and bring your food to your table.

I'll be back!

Pros: reasonably priced, tasty and healthy Indian food
vtraveller
vtraveller

Healthier Indian

Posted on 11 / 16 / 2015

Was lucky to arrive in time for happy hour which is an awesome deal. I order the root veggie plate and also a lentil veggie stew. Really happy with both as they hit the spot and were nicely flavored.
Although I love the taste of genuine Indian food it often doesn't sit well with me. This is a great alternative, wish I had time to try all their dishes.

Pros: healthy, flavorful
lorip
lorip

Amazing

Posted on 09 / 25 / 2015

My husband and I love The Sudra. Everything we have had there is wonderful. They are fast and you can chose a large or small portion which I love. I would challenge any non-vegan to try it and not love it.

Pros: Great Selection, Fast, Good value
Cons: Order taking can be slow if busy

eddielovesyou
eddielovesyou

Awesome

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2015

Excellent food, great location/atmosphere, and top-notch people that run it.

elizabet
elizabet

I'm Here at Least Once or Twice a Week

Posted on 07 / 23 / 2015

Happy Hour plates: $5
My favorite plate: Poori
Pro tip: get a side of soy curls to any meal (not on menu, $3)
Brunch: is tasty.

vegemight
vegemight

Great, if not authentic

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2015

Definitely "white people" Indian food. I love the vegan menu, and for what it is the food is pretty great. I'd recommend getting some/lots of spice added though, food's got some good flavor but kind of bland. Great selection of cocktails and beer on tap. I love the happy hour portions - a sizable plate for $5.

Pros: Good drink selection, Quick service, Cheap happy hour specials
Cons: Not authentic Indian cuisine, Mild/bland
bitebitebite
bitebitebite

Decent place to grab a bite

Posted on 10 / 01 / 2014

Dropped by here to have dinner with a friend. We ate outside in the common area shared with a couple other adjacent restaurants. It's got a chill feel to it and the street traffic isn't too busy.

The food was ok. Some of it was flavorful and pleasing, some a little on the bland side. The prices are ok for the portions, but it's a better deal if you go during happy hour.

I'd go again if I found myself in the area.

Pros: Pleasant setting during summer
VintageVariety
VintageVariety

My Favorite!

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2014

The food at Sudra is shockingly good. It is probably the best Indian food I've ever had.. and I guess it's not super authentic, but more fresh and inspired than any Indian food I've ever had. The drinks are top notch, sauces are to die for, and the seasoned roasted veggies are mouthwatering. I've been there with my husband a few times, and once I took my omnivorous sister and her vegan-afraid husband and they really loved the food! All plates were scraped clean.

Pros: food & drinks, prices, outdoor seating
Cons: too small inside
eirefox
eirefox

Unique and Healthy

Posted on 04 / 18 / 2014

I love Indian food, so I was excited to go to The Sudra this evening. I took two friends with me. The food was healthy and fresh. However, it was too bland. I'm used to Indian food being spicy. This food was good, but it was too Americanized for my taste.

Pros: Healthy, Fresh, Unique
Cons: Too Americanized, Too bland, Too expensive
Phaestar
Phaestar

Authentic & Delicious!

Posted on 12 / 29 / 2013

I visited this evening with my mother and partner, all of us excited to have found an Indian food restaurant that is vegan. The atmosphere was very inviting; the walls decorated with vintage Bollywood movie posters, accompanied by the delightful mix matched addition of alternative 80's music lightly playing in the background. They were very friendly, helpful, and had quite the creative and appetizing menu for us upon arrival, each item just begging to be ordered.

We all started off with a drink from the bar. My mother ordered the Cucumber Vodka which she found to be refreshing and liked that it actually tasted like a cucumber. My partner ordered the Rum Chai which he said was quite creamy, with a nice warm tingle, not overbearing at all. I ordered the Whiskey Apple sans the whiskey on account that I don't drink but it was quite delicious all in the same, the ginger and apple go quite well together and a nice kick of suds from the soda water made it fun.

We ordered the Calabicitas Kofta Plate: the squash kofta balls were delectable, along with a Pankora plate: the pickled broccoli and cauliflower pankora dipped in a fresh blueberry-mint chutney had to have been the highlight of my meal. We all ordered more on the side.

They also had it available where we could have our selection of mint water, cucumber water or regular water in glass pitchers up by the bar, free of charge. Quite the lovely touch.

Like I said, we were thrilled to have found a completely vegan restaurant with authentic Indian food. Not only is this a rarity but it is really the best way to go if you're a vegan looking to kick back and enjoy some delicious Indian food with your loved ones.

Pros: Outdoor Seating, Authentic Food, Friendly Staff

Dear Owner and Manager of The Sudra: