Serves meat, veg options available. Focus is on local and organic, including the wine list. Labels the few items that are veg/vegan suitable. Price: Expensive more-less
Organic, American, International, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by NoCookingVegan

Absolutely wonderful!

4 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2014

We were visiting meat-eating friends on HHI. I suggested The Studio so I could find something to eat, and we were all very happy with the choice. They have so many vegan options, and the eggplant dish I chose was delicious. One of the meat-eaters chose the vegan Pad Thai, and she loved it, too. The vegan sorbet dessert was wonderful as well. The only complaint I had was that the live music was too loud for normal conversation.

Note that this is a white tablecloth, upscale restaurant, not the place to drop in for a quick bite to eat.

Pros: Varied menu option, Excellent food, Friendly staff
Cons: Music too loud

Upscale with Nice Vegan Options

4 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2014

This was a lovely night at this interesting restaurant. There is art everywhere, much of which are creations of the owner, I believe. We were there on a Friday night and there was a local musician who did a nice job. The food was very good - not only are there several vegan options on the menu, but the kitchen was more than happy to offer other suggestions besides those "from the garden" on the menu. We started with the hummus appetizer, which was great (and abundant!) For entrees we ordered the mushroom crepes and the 'hippie loaf' - both were very good! Dessert was some tasty sorbet from local creamery Pino Gelato. Unique and tasty!

Pros: plentiful options for vegans, well-labeled vegan menu items, friendly staff
Cons: A little pricey

Finally, a veg-knowledgeable place on HHI

4 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2013

There are at least 5 veg/vegan items on the menu, and their soup of the day is listed as always veg*n. Interesting food options, not just mushroom risotto. The chef understands how tastes work, and uses that to create. I had something called Hippie Loaf, and while the name was a little condescending, it tasted great. Hubby had wild mushroom crepes and raved.

If you are vegan, make sure the 'accompaniments' are also vegan, as I doubt the mashed potatoes are, for example. (The meat eaters enjoyed their food too - don't get ticked off about that statement: I know that it can be nearly impossible to make both omni and vegi happy in one place, especially in a veg black hole like this area.)

I didn't notice any vegan desserts, but I would think that a phone call before to request one would be welcomed, as would an on-the-spot request - I have a feeling the chef could make it happen!
The Studio was lovely, with great service, quite a formal atmosphere, but with a laid back vibe. (We arrived in shorts and were welcomed the same as the lady in a long black dress.) It is very expensive, but if you want a special occasion meal, this is it.

Pros: Veg*n food on HHI, Proper service, Understands good veg food
Cons: Expensive

great vegan labels

4 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2013

This is a somewhat upscale restaurant close to the beach that has multiple vegan options which are clearly labeled. The waitor was knowledgeable and friendly. We even had a baby in our group and they were very accomodating by giving us a private room!

Pros: clearly labeled vegan options, exceptional service, close to beach
Cons: strange artwork in certain places, easy to make reservations

Dear Owner and Manager of The Studio: