The Station Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Family operated restaurant. Many items can be made vegan upon request by substituting tofu or avocado for meat or dairy. Has an apple and pear salad, beans and rice, mango salsa. Price: Moderate more-less
Organic, American, Non-veg

First Review by FoodLoveRR
shrangee
shrangee

Best Vegan Burgers We Ever Had

4 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2014

We ordered the spicy black bean burger and the portobello mushroom burger, and substituted in avocado for the cheese. Soup, salad or fries came with the burgers. We had the fries. The portions were super large and we were stuffed. My husband said it was the best burger he ever had, and I agree with the black bean burger as well. The fries were wonderful--tasted like real potatoes! Our non-vegan friends ordered the caesar salad and a burger. The caesar salad could have fed a family of four and was much, much more than lettuce and dressing but had eggs, etc. in it, and the burger must have been 3 inches high. They could barely finish both and although, cheesecake is Rick's favorite, he couldn't eat another thing. They loved the food as well. Although, not a vegan restaurant, they were very accommodating for us. I have never written a review, but this deserved one. Make reservations because you don't want to miss this food.

Pros: phenomenal food, great value, friendly waitress
moretofuplease
moretofuplease

OK for Rogue River

3 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2013

Might have done better to drive into Grants Pass, but the smoke was thick from wildfires, so we didn't feel venturing far from our motel room in Rogue River. The Station is homey, small-town cafe serving burgers, salads, burritos. Veggie burgers are offered but I'm pretty sure they were Morningstar products, which are not vegan (contain eggs). Tofu was on the menu as an added item on the tostada, so I took it, glad I did. Tostada was OK, not great. Good beer from Eugene, so I had two of those.

Pros: Tofu, Beer
Cons: Morningstar un-vegan burgers, Cramped quarters
  • Blondies Blondies

Last time I asked (maybe a few months ago), Terri (the owner/chef) told me that the black bean burger patties were made in-house and were vegan. No Morningstar products. When in doubt, ask :)

DonniP
DonniP

So very good.

4 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2012

We're tourists in the area, and just happened to spot The Station's listing on Happy Cow. I am *so* glad we did. The food was fresh, amazingly good, and served in generous portions. Much of the menu was vegetarian, with options listed for customizing other dishes. The setting was casual and friendly, with options for sitting inside or outside.

Pros: Awesome food, Generous portions, Friendly service

Blondies
Blondies

Fresh, healthy, fabulous!

4 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2012

I am truly blessed to have this wonderful restaurant in my small town! The owner/chef (a former vegetarian) has made it a priority to have veg options on the menu and will customize dishes to any diet. All the food is made fresh with local ingredients whenever possible (they even have a little garden out back) and is made from scratch. You can't go wrong with anything you order from the menu...it's all delicious!

Pros: Fresh, local ingredients used, Friendly service/waitstaff, Food made fresh/homemade when you order
Cons: Small restaurant (not a lot of tables), Service can be slow when they're busy, Closed Sundays
FoodLoveRR
FoodLoveRR

Delicious!

4 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2011

Amazing, fresh, great food, charming!!!

Pros: Freshness, In-House recipes, Servers
Cons: Not Fast Food

Dear Owner and Manager of The Station Restaurant: