The Station Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Family operated restaurant. Many items can be made vegan upon request by substituting tofu or avocado for meat or dairy. Has an apple and pear salad, beans and rice, mango salsa. Price: Moderate more-less
Organic, American, Non-veg

First Review by FoodLoveRR
moretofuplease
moretofuplease

OK for Rogue River

3 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2013

Might have done better to drive into Grants Pass, but the smoke was thick from wildfires, so we didn't feel venturing far from our motel room in Rogue River. The Station is homey, small-town cafe serving burgers, salads, burritos. Veggie burgers are offered but I'm pretty sure they were Morningstar products, which are not vegan (contain eggs). Tofu was on the menu as an added item on the tostada, so I took it, glad I did. Tostada was OK, not great. Good beer from Eugene, so I had two of those.

Pros: Tofu, Beer
Cons: Morningstar un-vegan burgers, Cramped quarters
  • Blondies Blondies

Last time I asked (maybe a few months ago), Terri (the owner/chef) told me that the black bean burger patties were made in-house and were vegan. No Morningstar products. When in doubt, ask :)

DonniP
DonniP

So very good.

4 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2012

We're tourists in the area, and just happened to spot The Station's listing on Happy Cow. I am *so* glad we did. The food was fresh, amazingly good, and served in generous portions. Much of the menu was vegetarian, with options listed for customizing other dishes. The setting was casual and friendly, with options for sitting inside or outside.

Pros: Awesome food, Generous portions, Friendly service
Blondies
Blondies

Fresh, healthy, fabulous!

4 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2012

I am truly blessed to have this wonderful restaurant in my small town! The owner/chef (a former vegetarian) has made it a priority to have veg options on the menu and will customize dishes to any diet. All the food is made fresh with local ingredients whenever possible (they even have a little garden out back) and is made from scratch. You can't go wrong with anything you order from the menu...it's all delicious!

Pros: Fresh, local ingredients used, Friendly service/waitstaff, Food made fresh/homemade when you order
Cons: Small restaurant (not a lot of tables), Service can be slow when they're busy, Closed Sundays
FoodLoveRR
FoodLoveRR

Delicious!

4 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2011

Amazing, fresh, great food, charming!!!

Pros: Freshness, In-House recipes, Servers
Cons: Not Fast Food

Dear Owner and Manager of The Station Restaurant: