Juices, smoothies, sandwiches, and salads. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Raw, American, Macrobiotic, Juice bar, Take-out
87 Mill Plain Rd (Post Rd)
Fairfield, Connecticut 06824
203-873-0414

Open Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 9am-9pm, Sun 9am-7pm.

First Review by Michael X. James
craigsutt
craigsutt

Good place for lunch

4 Posted on 12 / 15 / 2013

I stopped in on a sunday afternoon and was quite pleased. They offer a nice array of smoothies and juices, along with some baked goods and sandwiches.

Pros: all vegan (which is rare in this area), good service
Cons: a little pricey
Krutolow
Krutolow

Worth a stop

4 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2012

For the full review and pics see my blog at www.martysflyingveganreview.com

I had the pleasure of sitting down with the world famous baker, Hannah Kaminsky, author of 3, (shh, working on a 4th), vegan baking and dessert books. (I got an advance copy of her latest ice cream book. Now I have to save up for an ice cream maker although there are some alternative ways to make your frozen desserts).

We met at The Stand in Fairfield, Connecticut. It's on Mill Plain Road, south of exit 21. You can literally hit it with a rock from the highway so the good news is that if you're driving and want a healthier faster foodal choice, this is it.

It's in a shopping area, not what I'd call a shopping center or strip mall but a bunch of commercial spaces. You take a leap of faith and follow a driveway with speed bumps, (lest you're really hungry), to this building.

There is a mix of raw foods and salads, juices and smoothies, sandwiches and a few hot options.

In all fairness I didn't like everything we bought but we did change a few things around so I do want to say I'd give this another shot, (well, I'd come back anyway if I was passing by and hungry), eating their foods as intended, not as we changed them.

Lets get the first two things I didn't like out of the way first. My smoothie was ugh at best. Now I did substitute almond milk for water and removed the garlic but it was mostly a non-descript flavor, (if you could taste a color), with an undertone of cucumber. There are many other combinations available that I'd try over this next time. I don't think I'd order it even with no changes. It's originally listed as Kale, Collards, cucumber, apple, garlic avocado and water. I put greens in all of my daily smoothies at home so am pretty used to drinking my greens but I just don't see this working.

The Ollie Bean wasn't very flavorful although did look sort of nice. The spread consisting of white beans was rather neutral and topped with sprouts just made it healthy and grassy tasting. I didn't' really get the salty briny-ness of the olives or capers or much of the garlic or basil. I would have much preferred eating this on the whole grain bread. I'm not a really big fan of collard wraps, don't hate them but I can't compare them to the lusciousness of eating fresh bread and to eat like this I have to put the thought, "Eat a healthy meal," in my mind. This is an eat to live dish and ....

BBQ Tempeh & quiche moved this from a 3 to a 4.

Pros: nice open space & friendly staff, some excellent menu items, parking, easy on/off from Rt 95
Cons: some of the items were not to my liking
Michael X. James
Michael X. James

Cool place, good food

5 Posted on 11 / 25 / 2011

Went here with a grouping and got the "not tuna" sandwich and smoothie #2 (almond butter, cacao, etc). Both were very good. I'm not a fan of raw food but this place is solid. It's a very open space with a welcoming, warm atmosphere. The service was prompt and with a big smile. I'll definitely be back soon!

Dear Owner and Manager of The Stand Juice Company: