The Spotless Leopard - Food...

Mobile food van and pop-up - See website for locations & changing times. Serves wraps, quiche, veggieburgers, samosas, salads, and cakes. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Western, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, British, English

xRobx
xRobx

Fresh and tasty!

Posted on 11 / 02 / 2015

I'm lucky to work within walking distance of The Spotless Leopard, and make the trip there now and then for a lunchtime treat. The food there is always good, and what's most impressive is that the sandwiches are freshly made, with some of it being cooked up there and then. For example, order a seitan steak sandwich and the seitan steak will be fried up while the rest of the sandwich is made up. When I've had anything here which comes with salad it's always packed with interesting things and not just your lettuce and tomatoes, and the sauces have a homemade taste. The website is also kept very current, so I can check in the morning whether the van is going to be there, and what is on the menu for the day.

Pros: fresh, great home made food, interesting salads, friendly staff
NMarieth
NMarieth

amazing!

Posted on 09 / 19 / 2015

I finally had a chance to visit when they were at the Bristol Pound's 3rd birthday event by St nicks market. I ordered the Reuben sandwich and it was by far the best sandwich I have ever eaten. Blackened tempeh, mustard, (plamil) Mayo, and salad on brown bread. To die for.

therita3k
therita3k

Good food, high-ish prices

Posted on 08 / 05 / 2015

I went here twice. Everything is vegan, which is truly amazing per se, and what I've tried tasted really good and filled me up, too.

The only problem (for me at least) are the prices. One standard plate costs around 6£.

But overall worth trying!

TheSpotlessLeopard

Hi therita3k. :) Thanks for your comments! I take on board what you say about the cost and am looking at ways to reduce that for people who are on lower incomes. Hope to see you again! Louise.

CLRtraveller

Wonderful, tasty, wholesome vegan meals and treats

Posted on 06 / 21 / 2015

I was in Bristol for 10 days and ate as much Spotless Leopard food as possible. It is so worth the walk or bus ride from the centre to Whiteladies Road in the Clifton Down neighbourhood. It’s just around the corner on Alma Road.
Meals I enjoyed: a hearty miso-veg bowl (takeaway box) with brown rice, lentils, broccoli, carrot, steamed greens and sunflower and sesame seeds, for £6. Also available that day were macaroni & cheeze and spicy pulled jackfruit. Sweet things included the delicious raspberry-lime cake that I had, moist and fruity with icing. Next time I had one of the best sandwiches I’ve ever eaten: blackened tempeh Rueben sandwich with fried onions, sauerkraut, salad, mustard, mayo and Russian tahini dressing. Delicious! Also had a slice of lemon-blueberry cake – so good. On my last visit, I bought three meals and two desserts, to spread over two days. I had the roasted vegetable—smoked tofu wrap served with a salad of quinoa, sweet potato and pumpkin seeds; a second tempeh Rueben sandwich; and a great, fat, lentil-etc burger with sliced dill pickles and sauces, excellent and filling.
All good vegan food. Go there! (Not open Mondays.)

Pros: good food and creative dishes, delicious cakes
Cons: location outside the centre

Hi CLRtraveller.

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write something so lovely about our food! :) :) Hope you enjoyed your trip to Bristol and visit again sometime!

CLRtraveller

You're welcome, Louise! I LOVE finding good vegan food when I travel, so I use Happycow often and consider my reviews a public service. I found all your food delicious. Yes, I enjoyed Bristol. Maybe I'll return someday. All the best. Laura

Klang180
Klang180

Excellent vegan choice when in Bristol

Posted on 10 / 29 / 2014

This is a great find in Bristol and as far as we can tell the only 100% vegan eating post in the city. We went hre for lunch and had a tempeh sandwich with all the trimmings and a walnut and coffee cake. The sandwich was bliss. It was as good as any sandwich i have ever tasted including my pre vegan days and both my partner and i were incredibly impressed. Calling it a sandwich denigrates it a little bit because it is so much more than just something between two slabs of bread.

The cake was also delicious, moist, sweet and impossible to tell it was vegan.

This is a must visit whatever your veg status and we will certainly be regular customers on our visits to Bristol.

Pros: Delicious, Fewer options but better quality, good value
Cons: It isn't everywhere!
    TheSpotlessLeopard

Hi Klang180, thanks so much for being so nice about our food! :) Hope you make it back sometime!

agent44
agent44

Great food

Posted on 10 / 17 / 2014

I'm not often in the Clifton area so have only eaten from here when they have been at festivals. I love their seitan sandwiches! The cakes have always been pretty awesome too.

TheSpotlessLeopard

Hi agent44, thanks very much for your review! :)

Agata F.
Agata F.

Best vegan place in Bristol!

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2014

I urge every vegan who visits Bristol to check out the food served from this magical van. The menu changes daily so if you want to know what you will be able to get look at their fb page. I used to go to Spotless Leopard pretty much every week, their cake is to die for.. you don't have to be vegan to appreciate its deliciousness.

In terms of savoury dishes there is always plenty of salad to choose from (roasted brocolli and kale being my favourite). Other mains include seitan steak sandwich (the owner makes her seitan from scratch), smoked tofu wraps, bean burgers, macaroni cheese, tempeh sandwiches and much more. Each dish usually costs around a fiver or less, so apart from being the best vegan eatery in Bristol it also doubles as the cheapest one. The owner, Louise, is very friendly and will tell you everything you'd want to know about her recipes.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, Good value for money
    TheSpotlessLeopard

Thank you so much, Agata! :)

simonTjohns
simonTjohns

Best Vegan cakes in town!

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2014

A great stop for a truly healthy lunch or a midweek treat if you have a sweet tooth.

Thanks Simon! :)

sXe_22
sXe_22

Don't miss it

Posted on 04 / 28 / 2014

long walk through bristol to find it, but it's worth it! everything is yummy and cheap compared with the standards. if it's in town, you have to go!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday September 24, 2013
You can now find it more often around Clifton area.

TheSpotlessLeopard

Thanks for such kind words! :)

Red Ted
Red Ted

The Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Leopard

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2014

Get some amazing natural sunshine in your life, try the simply delicious food at the spotless leopard - if you don't digit, then check your pulse - you may need a doctor.
But please note all the cake is mine, mine i tell you.
Great job guys

Pros: Great food, Great service, Great prices
Cons: only one
    TheSpotlessLeopard

Haha, I don't know how to tell you this, but other people keep eating "your" cake!

Thanks for the lovely review. :)

Guest
Guest

Excellent/fresh/vegan/inspirational

Posted on 04 / 07 / 2014

Fabulous, really yummy food and delicious cakes, beautifully presented.

Pros: friendly, plenty of variety, homemade
    TheSpotlessLeopard

Thank you very much for such a sweet review! :)

Bkunwar
Bkunwar

Just incredible

Posted on 11 / 18 / 2013

Louise always has incredible food and cakes on offer!

Pros: excellent food, great value, friendly staff

Thanks Bharat! :)

mmmvegan
mmmvegan

My favourite vegan eatery on wheels in Bristol.

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2013

Yummy vegan cake (chai coffee cake is amazing!), scrummy wraps and superb vegan 'cheese' boxes with delicious home-made crackers and chutneys. Worth it every time and reasonably priced too. Has also in the past made a beautiful cake to order and deliviered it to me which was incredibly kind. Check it out!!!

TheSpotlessLeopard

Hi there, thank you so much for this review! :)

SophiePoots
SophiePoots

Brilliant Vegan food

Posted on 08 / 09 / 2013

Makes the most amazing chai latte cake! :)
definitely worth stopping by and buying something.

Pros: super vegan food, Local to me, Friendly

Thank you Sophie!

RobDodd
RobDodd

A great place to grab some great food

Posted on 08 / 08 / 2013

We often drive up the Gloucester Road and recently discovered the spotless leopard, and had some wraps and salad, it was so nice we make a point of dropping by whenever we are in the area on a Saturday. My wife is gluten free and there is always a treat for her. I would describe the food a this outlet as "delicious" We need more vegan food outlets in Bristol!

Pros: Great vegan food, Gluten free options, Very friendly
Cons: Would love it if if it was a cafe
    TheSpotlessLeopard

Thanks Rob! Look forward to seeing you soon. :)

Dear Owner and Manager of The Spotless Leopard - Food Van: