Serves meat, veg options available. Vegan menu items include wings, hummus, chili, tacos, jackfruit bbq sandwich, vegan breakfast burrito, vegan meatball sub, tofu scramble, soy rizo. Has vegan cheese and chorizo for more vegan choices such as the nachos. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by ReidMeFirst
SarahBaker
SarahBaker

What I Wanted

4 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2013

So a lot of the time I hear people tell me, "Oh, well, that's unhealthy vegan food." Hey, when a restaurant has anything vegan on their menu that is more tasty than a bland salad or just fries, I jump for joy.
This place was perfect! I wanted a burger and fries. They did one better. A vegan meatball sub! And a jackfruit "pulled pork" sandwich. And star-shaped tater tots. Delicious! Friendly staff and good prices.

sarahsvati
sarahsvati

Nice to have vegan bar food

3 Posted on 01 / 22 / 2013

I agree with the previous reviewer. This place serves greasy bar food, so if that's your thing, then you'll be pleased as punch to eat at Sinking Ship. Their tots are everything you want in a tot and I enjoyed their seitan wings.

That said, I wasn't blown away by the food. However, in a city with limited vegan options, it's nice to be able to eat bar food with the masses :)

Pros: Vegan options, Greasy bar food
Cons: A bit unexciting
ReidMeFirst
ReidMeFirst

Yummy greasy bar food

4 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2013

If you're in the mood for a bar, bar food, and some vegan dining options, look no further.

The Sinking Ship serves the standard veggie burger, veggie nachos, vegan chili. They also have Seitan Hot Wings made by Chef Ian of Indianapolis. They post their full menu on their website. Lots of veggie choices and quite a few vegan choices for a bar.

Pros: Bar food, Dive Bar Vibe (if that's your thing)
Cons: Dive Bar Vibe (if it isn't your thing)

Dear Owner and Manager of The Sinking Ship: