The Seed

A worker-owned co-op run by five individuals. Offers fair trade tea bar with house-made kombucha on tap. Food can be made vegan. Uses local produce. Has wifi, a radical library, and serves a community space for organizations to gather. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, American, Take-out
52 N Queen St
Lancaster, Pennsylvania 17603
717-945-5787

Open Tue-Thur 10am-7pm, Fri-Sat 10am-8:30pm, Sun 10am-5:30pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by InkedBuddha
justathought1988
justathought1988

Too busy being cool to actually make good food..

2 Posted on 03 / 07 / 2014

As a vegan who has eaten at veg-restaurants all across the country, I have to say how terribly disappointed I am with The Seed. I was excited to finally have a vegetarian restaurant in town, but this was a let down.

The menu is small and limited. I got the Cuban - which turned out to be 2 dry slabs of seitan on a white bread roll, sprayed with yellow mustard and topped with two pickle slices... Seriously? I could have made something better at home and not paid 10 dollars for it. Do something creative - don't just slap some fake meat on a piece of white bread with some chips on the side and call it a meal! This sort of behavior would get you run out of business in any major city like Philly, New York, Portland, or Chicago.

I'm giving them 2 stars, which is one star more than I would, because I like their "vibe" - it's hip, inclusive, employee-owned. But, despite its good intentions, The Seed needs to seriously reexamine their menu and culinary methods.

mdunc
mdunc

love this place!

5 Posted on 11 / 23 / 2013

Found this place back in the spring (2013) and have been a regular ever since. The food is creative and DELICIOUS! Prices are reasonable and you know everything you eat there is fresh. There isn't one the menu that I wouldn't eat. My favorite is the "Party Girl." If you're a vegan living in the Lancaster area this the only place in town that I'm aware of that is entirely vegetarian/vegan. I recommend this place every chance I get!

Pros: Price, atmosphere (eclectic)
brewjaz
brewjaz

Love this Place

5 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2013

What can I say that hasn't been said in the previous reviews?! Great food, service, atmosphere---did I mention great food??! Environmentally friendly--another BIG plus!

Pros: Vegan options galore!, Environmental minded., Great Food.
Cons: I have to drive an hour to get there!
vertagano
vertagano

Radically inclusive, radically fresh

4 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2013

Oozing with LGBTQQIOA-supportiveness, and a nice selection of fresh veg wraps at great prices.

MomOf2Gremlins
MomOf2Gremlins

Great vibe, awesome food!!!

4 Posted on 04 / 24 / 2013

Love the 'Seed'! Everyone was super friendly, the establishment had a very cool & earthy (yet clean!) feel and the food was just amazing!!! The prices are very fair too!
Definitely recommendable! If I'd live closer, I'd certainly visit 'The Seed' more frequently!

Pros: Very friendly , Awesome food, Great prices
Cons: A bit hard to find

SarahWeinstein
SarahWeinstein

Great veggie find...yummy food

5 Posted on 04 / 12 / 2013

Recently located to PA from NY and have been on the hunt for local veg friendly restaurants. This place is great. Cozy with a tasty vegetarian / vegan menu. I had the Vegan Cuban sandwich, made with seitan. Quite yummy. It has been a while since I have had pork, but I didn't miss it at all in this sandwich. I also had a cup of the white bean soup. Everything was fresh and delicious. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Brought my 10 month old and 3 year old with me and my oldest son was happy to see along with the library there is a basket of kids toys for him to play with. I plan to visit regularly! For the price it can't be beat.

Pros: good value, tasty, fresh food, nice vibe
Cons: hard to find
stonecat
stonecat

love it!

5 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2013

I love this place! Friendly relaxed atmosphere. Reasonable prices. Great food

Pros: casual atmosphere, great food, reasonable prices
lady d
lady d

I Just Became A Regular

4 Posted on 02 / 16 / 2013

Very good food, awesome price! My whole meal with drink and two cookies was 11 bucks! Food was hot and delicious. Environment was clean and very chill. Staff was very nice and helpful!

Pros: Food, Price, Friendly
Cons: Hard To Find, Parking
InkedBuddha
InkedBuddha

Excellent Menu!

5 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2013

I enjoyed my experience at the seed immensely! They have a nice menu with many options. The location may be a challenge to find, however it is worth it once you are inside! The environment is very laid back and the employees are very knowledgeable of their menu/ingredients. Will go back soon!

Pros: Delicious vegetarian menu, Friendly atmosphere
Cons: Challenge to find

Dear Owner and Manager of The Seed: