The Secret Spot

Serves meat, veg options available. A small cafe by the beach. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by danika
ircharles
ircharles

most excellent!

4 Posted on 12 / 31 / 2012

Went for breakfast on a Saturday morning. Had a veganrizo burrrito and loved it. Its rare that I find a place where I don't feel as though I could make the meal better myself. The staff and service were also great. I highly recommend this place!

Pros: good value, good size portions, excellent selection
Cons: none
Teppiedoo
Teppiedoo

GREAT place + by the beach!

4 Posted on 08 / 24 / 2012

If you are ever in HB, you gotta check this place out. Super yummy food for both herbivores and omnivores. Wonderful juice bar with vegan baked goods as well! Cozy location right by the beach. The place is small and often busy, but so worth the wait!!!!

Pros: great food, cozy atmosphere , wonderful staff
Cons: small place, often busy
JoJo121
JoJo121

Yummy food

4 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2012

This place is very small & busy but oh SO worth the wait. My niece even liked her taco & the vegan orange dream cupcake. Coming back on my next visit to Cali.

Pros: Great vegan food, non smoking, near beach
Cons: small, Seating area small
MrsVeganPizza
MrsVeganPizza

Lots of Vegan Options

4 Posted on 10 / 08 / 2011

The Secret Spot has lots of vegan options for a non-veg location. In fact I would say most items are vegetarian or vegan (It would have been nice if the items were more clearly marked rather than having to read through all the descriptions of their extensive menu. But it seems that most items can be veganized with a simple request to their friendly staff). I got the Veganrizo Breakfast Burrito and it was good. My bf got teriyaki tacos which were also good. The food tasted fresh, and it had a homecooked feel to it. They have a large juice and smoothie menu with soy milk options. They have vegenaise but no vegan cheese. They have hummus, salads, bowls, sandwiches, breakfast burritos, tacos. I only mention all of this because they have no website. They also had cramped seating arrangements (I went on a Saturday, perhaps during the week it's easier to get a table). You can expect it to take up to 20 minutes for your food as it did ours, however they are making the food fresh so it is understandable and kind of fits the laid back beach atmosphere of the place. The workers are friendly, and the prices are fairly inexpensive(7.50 for breakfast burrito w/chips and salsa). Though I would not drive out of my way to go here again, they have great vegan options for people who are local to the area, or tourists. It is an easy walking distance to the beach from here as well. Secret Spot is not easy to see from the street, but once you turn into the gas station lot you will see it along the side of the shopping center. Check it out next time you're in Huntington.

Pros: fresh and fairly inexpensive food, lots of variety for non-veg restaurant, friendly service
Cons: cramped interior
Albahr33
Albahr33

The Best

4 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2009

Though not completely vegetarian, you would be hard pressed to find better healthy food anywhere in the area. And if you want vegetarian or vegan, they have it. Excellent staff, and most importantly food. Really nothing better...

MichelleOJ
MichelleOJ

Good food, knowledgable staff!

4 Posted on 12 / 06 / 2008

Headed out to HB for a veg meetup and this place didn't disappoint. The staff was really helpful about telling us what's popular & what's veg. I had a breakfast burrito (yay! another place that serves vegan breakfast all day!!) with tofu & potatos & salsa & all kinds of yummy goodness. My husband tried a lemon-flavored unturkey burrito, he really enjoyed the flavors. Each dish comes w/a small side of chips & really good salsa- lots of flavor and just enough heat.

They also have vegan cookies for $1 each, everyone in our party just had to have one and we almost had a race to snag the very last one in the basket. ;) They have vegan-friendly smoothies that are yummy. The cheese is not vegan, but they reccomend subbing hummus instead.

Pros: Knowledgeable staff, Breakfast all day!, Lots of healthy smoothies
Cons: Small space, Not much parking
allmotorgurl
allmotorgurl

Nummy

4 Posted on 09 / 26 / 2008

I've know about The secret Spot for about a year. I just recently moved to HB & had a chance to try it. I had the HB Surrond Sound Burrito. It was excellent . I can't wait to go back & try more items on their menu =D

Pros: Good food
Cons: Staf a bit distracted
stephysquirrel
stephysquirrel

Wonderful!!!!

4 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2008

The staff was friendly and inviting. The food was wonderful and affordable. Ate breakfast, lunch and dinner there best experience ever. Had a wide variety of offerings for both vegi and vegan including awsome vegan pancakes.
very yummy, cant wait to go back!!!!

irlandaise
irlandaise

Really good!

4 Posted on 03 / 16 / 2008

We had a great brunch / lunch by the beach! Got to sit outside in the sun and enjoy a delicious meal... I had a breakfast burrito and my husband had a veg-turkey taco platter - both were really good! They had a good selection, I just wish it were all veg!

Pros: Fresh food, Good selection of veg/vegan dishes, Laid-back atmospehere
Cons: Not all veg, Needs more seating
spidey
spidey

freaking great!

4 Posted on 02 / 14 / 2008

the secret spot rocks, yeah its not 100% vegetarian/vegan but it kicks ass. They make almost every dish vegetarian. The review before was right, their smoothies are great. They use all fresh ingredients and make things on the spot. After eating here you will be full for a long time. They also have specials throughout the week. Its a place you definitely should try at least once.....and my guess is, once you do you'll go back many many times.

Pros: great food, great people, great atmosphere
Cons: small dining area inside
danika
danika

this place rocks!

4 Posted on 02 / 04 / 2008

it's a cute little joint across the street from bolsa chica state beach. their food is colorful and delicious! almost everything on the menu can be made veggie or vegan. they also have awesome smoothies and fresh squeezed juices if you're looking for something on the lighter side. yummy!

Pros: amazing staff, delicious food
Cons: limited seating

Dear Owner and Manager of The Secret Spot: