Serves meat, veg options available. Coffee and dairy ice cream place that also offers food. The coffee is locally roasted and ice cream is in-house-made. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by The Vegan Chemist

It's okay, needs more vegan options

3 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2013

I have been there twice as a vegan (and several times as a vegetarian. As a vegetarian, you are in the right places with lots of options. As a vegan, you will have to do some tweaking.

The falafel is vegan (but I really would like to go back into the kitchen and make it myself because it's lacking *something*). I ended up putting it on a salad because I think the bread or wrap they served it in contained dairy or eggs. Another time I got a salad, which is pretty standard and kinda boring. I really wish they had a bean burger that had no eggs or a portobello burger. They have no vegan options for cheese, mayo, cream cheese, etc.

Lastly, their ice cream is great if you are a vegetarian. But please, please, as one of the places that actually makes their own ice cream, can you make some vegan (aka non-dairy) ice cream? It's incredibly easy if if is coconut based. I make my own and would be happy to share a recipe or two. :)

Pros: good atmosphere, friendly service, food for vegetarians
Cons: must do a lot of subs for vegan food, lack of nondairy ice cream, lack of vegan dairy options

Dear Owner and Manager of The Scullery: