Serves meat, veg options available. Coffee and dairy ice cream place that also offers food. The coffee is locally roasted and ice cream is in-house-made. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

Mon-Wed 7:30am-4:00pm, Thu 7:30am-7:00pm, Fri 7:30am-9:00pm, Sat 7:30am-6:30pm

First Review by The Vegan Chemist
Alyannkar
Alyannkar

I am a regular here.

Posted on 05 / 14 / 2015

I love this place. The owner is an awesome guy who, if you are lucky, will sing opera for you while you eat. He is also very knowledgeable about veganism and will personally make something for you if you would like to alter a menu item. On the menu, the hot salad and sauteed veggie sandwich are amazing, just remember to ask them to make it vegan. They also just added a falafel wrap and a Mediterranean plate. The falafel is vegan and the plate comes with hummus, pan fried chips, and a salad. Ask them to replace the tzatziki with more hummus and you are gold. My favorite thing there are the soups, though. They regularly have vegan soups, which are incredible. Aside from that, the fresh veggie wrap is vegan and several of the salads can easily be made vegan.

As for the coffee, they always are able to bring out a small cup of almond milk for me to use as a creamer. They can also use this to make any of their espresso or latte drinks. If you would like a smoothie, they will gladly create one for you, replacing the ice cream with almond milk and ice. They are extremely accommodating and the staff is knowledgeable.

Pros: Delish food, Accommodating staff
Cons: Busy at lunch time/Saturday
The Vegan Chemist
The Vegan Chemist

It's okay, needs more vegan options

Posted on 07 / 23 / 2013

I have been there twice as a vegan (and several times as a vegetarian. As a vegetarian, you are in the right places with lots of options. As a vegan, you will have to do some tweaking.

The falafel is vegan (but I really would like to go back into the kitchen and make it myself because it's lacking *something*). I ended up putting it on a salad because I think the bread or wrap they served it in contained dairy or eggs. Another time I got a salad, which is pretty standard and kinda boring. I really wish they had a bean burger that had no eggs or a portobello burger. They have no vegan options for cheese, mayo, cream cheese, etc.

Lastly, their ice cream is great if you are a vegetarian. But please, please, as one of the places that actually makes their own ice cream, can you make some vegan (aka non-dairy) ice cream? It's incredibly easy if if is coconut based. I make my own and would be happy to share a recipe or two. :)

Pros: good atmosphere, friendly service, food for vegetarians
Cons: must do a lot of subs for vegan food, lack of nondairy ice cream, lack of vegan dairy options

Dear Owner and Manager of The Scullery: