The Savory Spoon

Serves meat, veg options available. Comfort food with a local twist. Has a house-made veggie burger and a few other vegetarian items. Monday is community day where you pay what you can. Sunday is brunch. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
1647 Hartnell Ave Unit 1 (Hartnell Castle)
Redding, California 96002
530-222-7200

Open Mon 12-4pm, Tue-Sat 9am-8pm, Sun 9am-2pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by ilovehorsesmhm
katsoplenty
katsoplenty

Really good food

4 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2013

Loved coming here and finding some great vegan options. I've tried two places in Redding and I like this one the best. Come here every time I'm passing through. Love the community day idea too to serve the people that can't afford it.

Pros: Good Food
Cons: wish they had more vegan substitutions
Guest
Guest

Great food and excellent service

4 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2012

A hidden gem in Redding. Great food and fast, friendly service. Very reasonably priced too. They use local farmers and ranchers to create very tasty meals and there are delicious vegan and vegetarian options. Loved the Monte Meat covered with mushroom gravy, fresh string beans and pecans, and rice pilaf. Liked their "Community Day" policy where anyone can come get a meal on Mondays and pay what they can.

Pros: Excellent healthy food, Fresh, locally grown produce, Great value
ilovehorsesmhm
ilovehorsesmhm

someone had to try it.,

1 Posted on 05 / 10 / 2012

My boyfriend and I were excited to see vegan options in this town, we called 25min before they closed at 8 and were very happy that we could still place an order. On the phone the manager said many times to assure me a whole vegan order as I did as well asking every question. I ordered the pasta primavera easy right? What I ended up getting was watery pasta with boiled vegetables literally no flavor but water , the order came with garlic bread but i had asked and it was not vegan so i ordered without amd then recieved it with my order . I as well ordered a small side salad plain with the house vinaigrette and in my order the salad had fetta crumbles in the corner... Anyways My boyfriend ordered the seitan and dumplings what he received was peas an carrot brown paste with seitan and no dumplings to be found. I wish I could have given this restraunt a better review because of the vegan options but they let us down. we did not continue eating the food , we were very disappointed.

Pros: Last minute take-out order
Cons: Food, Ordered all vegan, got non vegan items, Price

Dear Owner and Manager of The Savory Spoon: