The S and S Takeout

Serves meat, veg options available. Menu changes daily. Always has vegan soups and daily specials that often include a vegan dish. Uses local eco-friendly ingredients. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, American, Non-veg

First Review by Savannahfromalabama
Savannahfromalabama
Savannahfromalabama

unexpected surprise

4 Posted on 05 / 01 / 2012

My husband and I stopped by here because it was the only place suggested in the Vero Beach area. The restuatant is kind small but we enjoyed the homey atmosphere. The owner and girl working the counter were very friendly. The vegan option on this day were soups, when the owner found out my husband was vegan he suggested putting the lentil soup over organic rice to make a meal. My husband loved it and said it was great. I had the vegetarian baked ziti which was amazing and a peanut butter pie. They also had vegan drink options in the cooler. The menu changes daily and is mainly organic, with a wide variety to choose from. You can choose to dine in or take out, the restuarant was busy while we were there and the mix of customer seemed to do both dine in and carry out. We told the owner we found them on happy cow and he was unfamiliar with the site. The people working there were amazing so friendly. I could not finish all my ziti (very generous portion sizes) so when the owner packaged it up he added my more sauce to it for later. All in all a great place, wish we had a place like this at home. I would rated higher but I couldn't due to the website.

Pros: good flavorful food, variety to choose from, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of The S and S Takeout: