Serves meat, veg options available. Small cafe and second-hand bookshop operating since 2009. Offers home style cooking with menu of mainly vegetarian dishes. Has soya and almond milk for drinks. Vegans could get a full breakfast, porridge with dried fruit and nuts, granola with dried fruit and nuts, lunch veggie burger, big salad plate, hummus sandwich. Usually at least one vegan cake on offer. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, British, English, Non-veg

itsmeagain
itsmeagain

Busy cafe

Posted on 03 / 20 / 2016

Café really busy, we had apot oftea plus a bit of vegan cake. All in all ok but definitely not brilliant.
Didn`t at all make me want to return.

Pros: vegan cake, vegan lunches
Cons: expensive, draughty place
HoumousLover
HoumousLover

My Favourite Place for Breakfast and Lunch

Posted on 10 / 29 / 2015

When I first became vegetarian a friend took me here for breakfast and it was divine! They offer three all day breakfast options including a vegetarian breakfast and a vegan breakfast, and they're pretty easy going with switching things out. Their vegan sausages are to die for! Best I've had so far and I've gotten similar comments from long time vegans. I'm also very partial to their potato cakes and hash browns. They do have a range of other options, and they do specials on Sunday, I've heard good stuff from other friends but haven't personally tried anything other than the vegan breakfast.

They also do good coffee, and they at least have soy milk although I'm not sure about other dairy alternatives. Not the best coffee I've had in Sheffield (I do love my soy mochas) but it's pretty good. This, coupled with a small but tasty herbal tea collection means I can easily spend a day just chilling out with friends here.

I'm also quite a fan of the atmosphere. The walls are covered in bookshelves, I think they're available to buy or just read whilst you're there. Upstairs there's a small intimate room with a vinyl player and a stack of vinyls as well as a couple instruments.

I basically wish I could just live here!

Pros: Tasty all day vegan breakfast, Decent teas and coffees, Great atmosphere and friendly staff
Cons: Closes at 4, Might be a bit pricy
orangensaft
orangensaft

Would recommend but not the food!

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2011

It's a really cute little cafe and bookshop with a nice vibe to it. The choice of food is different every day with usually two or three different options (most of the time, all of them are vegetarian). The staff are nice but the service is really, really slow and when it comes the food isn't anything special. For this reason I prefer not to eat there but it's a nice place to get a coffee and relax.

Dear Owner and Manager of The Rude Shipyard: