CLOSED: The Ruby Dragon...

A food cart that's like a little cafe. Tea menu includes pu erh, jasmine, oolongs, and herbal blends served in tea pots. Food items include an Indian plate, sandwiches, raw wraps, raw pudding, kale salad, quinoa pancakes, and desserts. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, Indian, Macrobiotic, Take-out

Took
Took

Tasty and Healthy

4 Posted on 02 / 26 / 2011

The first time I went to Ruby Dragon, I had the miso soup. It was good aside from the occasional chunk of ginger I'd bite into. Blech! But...still good overall. My second visit, I had the raw kale salad, which was AWESOME. I love raw food and this salad was perfectly creamy with avocado, lemon and sesame seeds.

Pros: healthy cuisine, good value, friendly staff
Eamon
Eamon

Awesome Curry

4 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2010

Ruby Dragon has some damn good curry! I love that they keep waste to a minimum and provide plates and utensils to their customers. Getting back to the food, it is all very good, the quinua pancakes are also a must try. They do use some local suppliers and organic ingredients.
I always try to keep posts unbiased (like my title?) my only criticism is that they don't list what is organic and they use ingredients from very distant places. I understand it is in order to keep things authentic, but I would like to see a "local curry" added to the rotation (coconut free, local veggies) but also understand that might have to be seasonal anyways. One more thing is that every now and again I will get some slightly charred veggies in my curry which I don't mind too much, but should not eat.

Additional Info: This place servers 1 curry per day from their menu, I have occasionally seen them have 2 curry options, but keep that in mind when you go wanting something specific. They always have pancakes and the tempeh sandwich if the curry is not to your liking. The curries are all very good and they do a nice job running the gamut of sweet to very spicy. Great place, cool people.

Pros: Curry, Pancakes, Friendly Staff
orangeclouds
orangeclouds

joyfullllll

4 Posted on 03 / 22 / 2010

The food just makes me happy. Before, during and after..
The People are great. The curry and chi tea; some of the best in our town.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: The Ruby Dragon Cafe and Tea House: