Serves meat, veg options available. Has a tofu scramble, hummus wrap, carrot ginger soup, sometimes vegan desserts. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Non-veg
2465 Hastings St E
Vancouver, British Columbia V5K 1Y8
604-253-2522

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by axelboot
ohstephyy
ohstephyy

We love roundel! (for the most part)

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2015

The tofu scramble is amazing, and very filling. Veggie BLT and tofu burger are both good, but ask for no dairy (butter or the mayo) and sub for guac. There's also a choice to add veggie ham (it does taste like it might be yves brand, but i've yet to ask to make sure). My complaint is I really wished they had more vegan alternatives (like cheese, or tofutti ice cream for their amazing milkshakes that I used to enjoy so much). The staff there are super polite and very trendy. Maybe they'll be more open to vegan choices in the near future!

Pros: great tofu scramble, pretty atmosphere, friendly staff
Cons: not a lot of vegan options
axelboot
axelboot

Awesome neighbourhood cafe!

Posted on 11 / 19 / 2009

I have been coming here since they opened three years ago.
They have a great breakfast on offer. Used to go to Slickity Jim's on Main, then discovered this place right by my home.
Like it more!
They provide a small salad with your breakfast, great roasted yam and potatoes, and a very good coffee to boot!
Only draw back is queuing up to get in if you arrive at prime time on Sat or Sun mornings after 10:00 am.

The service here is fine. I read a complaint in the West Ender newspaper in Vancouver, but they really try hard here to help you out.

It is not vegetarian however, so my kosher abiding spouse can't eat here..boo hoo!

Pros: Food looks great, Food tastes great, They have BEER!
Cons: Waiting for a table

Dear Owner and Manager of The Roundel Cafe: