Little cafe serving soup, wraps, burgers, salads, pizza, nachos, hummus, and baked goods using mostly local and organic food. There is local art on the walls, and live music on the weekends. Has wi-fi. People come in to study during the day. Family friendly. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by SaraMonster
jimbojonesbos
jimbojonesbos

no vegan options, not worth the stop

2 Posted on 06 / 28 / 2014

I am traveling by on a cross country trip and was happy to see a vegan friendly stop in LA crosse. Sadly this place has no vegan options unless you count coffee. Not worth the diversion from rt90. LA crosse is a cool town though and root note is hipster cool with good coffee but I walked away hungry.

Pros: nice location
Cons: no vegan options, eggs eggs eggs
adron
adron

Loved It.

3 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2014

We had the black bean chili (vegan) and the Cremlin crepe with mushrooms, spinach and fried egg. The coffee was great, the iced tea was great, and the staff was very pleasant. Even the music was good.

Pros: Boho Atmosphere, Great Food, Friendly People
Jamaba824
Jamaba824

Meh

2 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2012

We had visited the Root Note a year ago and were pleased to find vegan options in such a small town. We planned a return visit despite it being a bit out of the way and the somewhat slow service.
However upon entering this time I noted the change. Gone were the vegan options. Replaced with vegetarian friendly but very vegan unfriendly crepes. Thankfully their soup of the day was vegan that day but I definitely won't be going out of my way again. And my omni dining date didn't even enjoy his crepe.
I am sad to see another vegan-friendly oasis in the land of dairy gone.

Pros: Cute Atmosphere, Good coffee
Cons: No vegan options, Overpriced.

SaraMonster
SaraMonster

Not great for lunch

2 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2011

This place seems to have fair trade coffee and tea, but no vegan food options as far as I can tell. They had "savory" crepes the were vegetarian but not vegan. I went in there looking for lunch, but left without eating due to the lack of vegan food options and the apathetic waitstaff.

Dear Owner and Manager of The Root Note: