Serves meat, veg options available. Pub and live music venue. Has vegan choices marked on the menu, including tofu or black bean or vegan pulled pork in tacos, burritos, tortas, and nachos. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Latin American, Pizza, Non-veg
28 Napier Street
Footscray, Victoria 3011
03-96872111

Open Tue-Thur 3pm-1am, Fri-Sat 12pm-1am, Sun 12-11pm.

First Review by moodfornoodles
Tiggy
Tiggy

Good stuff

3 Posted on 11 / 05 / 2013

I've been to this place several times in the last couple of weeks, after only recently finding out that it served vegan food. It's a pub, so the environment is what you'd expect, no frills. You order at the counter, take a number and find a seat. Most times I've been here, I've had no time grabbing a table, but if you come later it might be a bit more crowded, particularly if there's a gig on and they take the tables out of the band room. For me part of the beauty of this place is that you can go to a pub for a night out in (Footscray) and not worry about whether you can eat anything. The food has a Mexican theme, and is pretty good. The menu has several, clearly marked vegan (or veganisable) items and the staff are generally very able to help (and friendly). I've had the chance to sample the Mexican Bean pizza, vegan tacos and a vegan torta, all of which were fine. I also tried the chocolate empanada (with vegan ice cream), which, while interesting, was pretty full-on (intense chocolate and deep fried!)and the chocolate was just a little too heavy on the chili for my taste. Tuesday night is taco night and they have $3 tacos, three or four of which would make a decent-sized meal. Now a regular haunt for me.

Pros: Substantial vegan menu in a pub , Vegan dessert
Cons: Crowded some nights

Dear Owner and Manager of The Reverence Hotel: