We received a warm welcome at The Red Pearl, as our server approved our choices ("Hot and Sour Soup? Yes, we can do it vegan!") and offered us complimentary "vegan rolls" (which were deep-fried and looked a lot like egg rolls, but I didn't ask), jasmine tea, and a variety of sauces, including wasabi. Soup was very good, and lots of it. Broccoli with cashews was OK -- crisp and fresh, but the white sauce was nothing. I liked the mock meat chicken (but my wife thought it tasted like chicken gone bad) which came with sauteed Japanese eggplant in a garlic sauce that was more sweet than spicy, but chili paste helped kick it up a notch. We visited on New Years Day, grateful to have such good food available to us when many other restaurants were closed.Pros: Friendly service, Many vegan options, Ample portions
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Boulder Creek Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has The Red Pearl closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 123 times since Jan 2013.