Healthy vegan cafe serving fresh juice, breakfast-all-day, salads, sandwiches, entrees and has a full bakery case. Gluten-free options available. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Bakery, Juice bar, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering

First Review by brett3333
flicka
flicka

loved!

5 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2014

Visiting Rochester we were so happy to find this place. We ate there twice in 48 hours. I wanted everything on the menu - great selection + delicious!Everyone agreed the 'blt' was the best anyone had ever had. Loved the mac + cheese. The specials of the day were also amazing! Luckily we were with a bunch of people - so I was able to sample lots! Even non veg - were impressed. Fun, small, nice setting.

Debra Winter
Debra Winter

Adorable restaurant and great food

5 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2014

We stopped as we were passing through Rochester. The restaurant is small but I loved the atmosphere. The food was fabulous. We had the ABLT and the mac n cheese plate. We also had a brownie desert with a peanut sauce for dessert. The wait staff was great. I hope to return.

MichaelTaylor
MichaelTaylor

fantastic little vegan jewel!

5 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2014

Not sure what the previous complainers motivation was but the food was fantastic! I got the "garbage plate" and wow it was good. Service is friendly and trust me vegans this is worth a stop. Parking on street is usually easy also. I definitely come back!

Pros: great food, great desserts! , easy to get to
Cons: none
sorethumb
sorethumb

delicious

4 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2014

I had the raw kale salad adding tempeh bacon and it was delicious. I enjoyed the special of the day deviled potatoes and it was a great idea but not as flavorful as I would have thought. My companions had the Mac and cheese nachos and a veg burger. Everyone was happy full and clean

NJCAMANY
NJCAMANY

Very Disappointed!

2 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2013

Found Red Fern on Happy Cow and decided to try on a Friday afternoon. My companion ordered the Kale salad that was supposed to be topped with veggies. The salad had a few pieces of cabbage on top but was just a plate of kale with some tasteless dressing. The waitress picked up the barely touched plate and did not even ask if something was wrong. I tried the vegan steak bomb. It contained every processed vegan food item available and was greasy. It came with a vegan macaroni salad that was inedible because the mac noodles were not completely cooked. Just because it's vegan doesn't mean its healthy. The soy products used were not organic!
Updated from previous review on Sunday November 10, 2013

Pros: None
Cons: Everything

brett3333
brett3333

Finally! Rochester has a real allvegan restaurant!

4 Posted on 10 / 30 / 2013

Small and not a lot of seats but Red Fern's food is excellent. The steak bomb is one of the best sandwiches we've ever had. Ever.

Housemade desserts also excellent.

As long as you can get a table, you will not be disappointed at The Red Fern.

Pros: Great Vegan Food, Friendly Service, Excellent Vegan Selection
Cons: Small, On-Street Parking, Not too upscale for dinner

Dear Owner and Manager of The Red Fern: